Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Make your own Spider-Verse reality!

Yes, this is the thread for making up your own personal entries for the infinite alternate realities from Spiderverse.

So, my first idea: spider-Gwen has noticed a universe that the Inheritors have been staying away from so goes to figure out why. She swings around NYC for a while, quickly notices that this world's Spider-Man is dead. He was apparently killed by one of the Inheritors and now they're avoiding this world since it has no Spider-totems. But while she's swinging around, she sees a woman in a costume she doesn't recognize flying toward her on a Goblin Glider. She quickly reacts and gets into a fight.... then mid-fight she realizes that the person on the Goblin Glider is a wearing a police badge... with the name Stacy. then freezes in shock just long enough to get zapped unconscious by a finger blast.

Gwen wakes up to find herself in a police station... with handcuffs designed to hold Spider-People. She hears a voice in the hall outside the room say "Any idea why she looks so much like you?" Right about that time the door opened, and she realizes her mask is on the table in front of her. Then she sees the woman who was on the Goblin Glider earlier walk in. "Pretty sure this is an alternate version of my mother, but I have no idea why she's in a Spider-costume."

Hehe, just an idea I had for the start of a story.

Probably not what OP was looking for, but I've always found the idea of alternate universes with incredibly small changes funny. Like, alt universe where Miles ate Cheerios last Tuesday instead of Frosted Flakes. That's the Spider-Verse event comic I want to read.

More serious answer though, I do love when other characters experience another hero's origin. Like, the Super Soldier Serum was actually derived from a spider, and Steve Rogers is kicking ass in Europe as Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Probably not what OP was looking for, but I've always found the idea of alternate universes with incredibly small changes funny. Like, alt universe where Miles ate Cheerios last Tuesday instead of Frosted Flakes. That's the Spider-Verse event comic I want to read.

More serious answer though, I do love when other characters experience another hero's origin. Like, the Super Soldier Serum was actually derived from a spider, and Steve Rogers is kicking ass in Europe as Spidey.
    Oh that's a great one!

Mine was basically a world where Spidey is dead and Sarah Stacy is trying to take over where he left off, except she's not a Spider-anything, she's a Goblin.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I got one. Mayday Parker discovers that her dad, a mild-mannered Science Teacher named Peter Parker, and her mom, a former supermodel/famous actress named Mary Jane Watson-Parker, are actually veteran spies in the employ of Spymaster NICK FURY and his Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. who have been hunting the superhuman rogue known only as...THE SCARLET SPIDER.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I got one. Mayday Parker discovers that her dad, a mild-mannered Science Teacher named Peter Parker, and her mom, a former supermodel/famous actress named Mary Jane Watson-Parker, are actually veteran spies in the employ of Spymaster NICK FURY and his Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. who have been hunting the superhuman rogue known only as...THE SCARLET SPIDER.
    this is a neat idea since it plays with the idea of Pete having a secret identity... that actually means something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes, this is the thread for making up your own personal entries for the infinite alternate realities from Spiderverse.

So, my first idea: spider-Gwen has noticed a universe that the Inheritors have been staying away from so goes to figure out why. She swings around NYC for a while, quickly notices that this world's Spider-Man is dead. He was apparently killed by one of the Inheritors and now they're avoiding this world since it has no Spider-totems. But while she's swinging around, she sees a woman in a costume she doesn't recognize flying toward her on a Goblin Glider. She quickly reacts and gets into a fight.... then mid-fight she realizes that the person on the Goblin Glider is a wearing a police badge... with the name Stacy. then freezes in shock just long enough to get zapped unconscious by a finger blast.

Gwen wakes up to find herself in a police station... with handcuffs designed to hold Spider-People. She hears a voice in the hall outside the room say "Any idea why she looks so much like you?" Right about that time the door opened, and she realizes her mask is on the table in front of her. Then she sees the woman who was on the Goblin Glider earlier walk in. "Pretty sure this is an alternate version of my mother, but I have no idea why she's in a Spider-costume."

Hehe, just an idea I had for the start of a story.
    One where the burgler went to the neighbors house and shot Aunt Anna

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    One where the burgler went to the neighbors house and shot Aunt Anna
    That would be interesting. Would that be a universe where Mary Jane got bitten, or would Peter still be the Spider(-Man) of that reality?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be interesting. Would that be a universe where Mary Jane got bitten, or would Peter still be the Spider(-Man) of that reality?
    Peter would still be of course

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Okay, this one is an alternate version of Earth-1610 except that Mary Jane was also bitten by the Oscorp spider before anyone had a chance to brush it off of her. Peter and Mary Jane both discover that they have powers, confide in one another about it and decide to become the dynamic duo known as Spider-Man and Spinneret!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Ben Parker attends the science fair at Midtown High at his nephew Peter's urging and gets bitten by the radioactive spider instead. Once he discovers his powers, he uses them as a professional wrestler in a bid to make money and put food on the table for his family. He fails to stop the burglar who ends up killing his wife, May, in front of Peter's eyes. Ben is wracked with guilt and fury over both not being there to protect his wife, and being indirectly responsible for her death, and becomes the violent vigilante known as Spider-Man, with Peter as his confidant and partner.

Quentin Beck is bitten by a radioactive spider and... gains no special abilities whatsoever.

Not the type to be easily dettered, he uses his special effects expertise to convince everyone else he's become Mysterio, the Amazing Spider-Man, while J. Jonah Jameson embarks on a crusade to expose him for the fraud he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Quentin Beck is bitten by a radioactive spider and... gains no special abilities whatsoever.

Not the type to be easily dettered, he uses his special effects expertise to convince everyone else he's become Mysterio, the Amazing Spider-Man, while J. Jonah Jameson embarks on a crusade to expose him for the fraud he is.
    for extra fun have him count as a Spider-totem anyways.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

for extra fun have him count as a Spider-totem anyways.
    Like Lady Spider, the steampunk Spider-Woman introduced in the original Spider-Verse saga?

Throwing my hat into the ring, though, indeterminate years from now, Peter Nathan Urich, nephew of crusading veteran reporter Ben Urich, whiles away his days when he's not attending Empire State University as a computer science major on the virtual reality platform called the eScape Network . . . until his neural interface system gets infected with a virtual virus that passes from his avatar to his body in the real world, somehow endowing him with that avatar's amazing abilities. At first using said abilities for the same old pointless self-indulgence as he would in the virtual world of eScape, everything begins to change when he notices that he's not the only one who's gained the abilities of their eScape avatar in real life, and many of them have much darker and more dangerous ideas of how to pointlessly indulge and amuse themselves with their newfound power compared to Peter. However, the danger of such power unchecked hits home for Peter Urich when his Uncle Ben suddenly winds up dead from a mysterious malfunction in his own eScape neural interface system while investigating the origins of the virtual virus that has unleashed such chaos into and upon reality. Deducing that Ben Urich's death is far from a coincidence after examining his eScape interface, Peter swears he'll avenge his uncle and uncover the truth behind the virtual infection seeping into the real world, disguising himself as the eScape avatar whose powers he wields in real life --- Spyder-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Welp, here's one I thought of today. People often talk about this list of possible romances for Pete. All these women Pete met and dated but didn't marry.... in the main continuity. but what of the others? There is at least one universe where Pete DID in fact raise a family married to Gwen Stacy. Soo... If we go with the idea that each of the possibilities happened somewhere? In what universe would Pete and Jenny actually get married? Yeah sure in the main U they only dated once, but..... they did actually like each other to some extent.

BANNED

Welp, here's one I thought of today. People often talk about this list of possible romances for Pete. All these women Pete met and dated but didn't marry.... in the main continuity. but what of the others? There is at least one universe where Pete DID in fact raise a family married to Gwen Stacy. Soo... If we go with the idea that each of the possibilities happened somewhere? In what universe would Pete and Jenny actually get married? Yeah sure in the main U they only dated once, but..... they did actually like each other to some extent.
    What if Peter married Jean DeWolfe?