Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In another world, Peter is raised by his parents in a small midwest American town. What he doesn't know, is that his parents are retired secret agents. When a terrorist group with a grudge attacks the town and takes his parents hostage, Peter discovers his parents secret. Fashioning himself a quick costume and outfitting it with his parents various spy gear, Peter launches into action as the Spectacular Spy-Guy.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    In another world, Peter is raised by his parents in a small midwest American town. What he doesn't know, is that his parents are retired secret agents. When a terrorist group with a grudge attacks the town and takes his parents hostage, Peter discovers his parents secret. Fashioning himself a quick costume and outfitting it with his parents various spy gear, Peter launches into action as the Spectacular Spy-Guy.
    This is all sorts of cool.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

1. Mary Jill Watson tries to balance going to school, being a spider-hero, and trying to become a singer (disney sitcom meets superheroes lol).

2. Norman Osborn raises the son of Gwen Stacy and Spider-Man, Gabriel, after Gwen's death but after Spider-Man's death during Spider-Island Gabriel gains powers and tries to find out the truth about his parentage.

3. Old Man Spider J. Jonah Jameson has spent most of his life saving everyone but hating the spider-hero

The difference in this world starts quite small.

Peter simply doesn't see the spider. He was still at a radiation experiment, there was a sharp pain, and he got super powers, but he never saw a spider bite him so he never becomes "Spider-man." Instead, he becomes the Sensational Doctor Rad! ("Rad as in radation and because, you know... I'm cool? Nobody ever gets the double meaning" - Peter.)

With a more science themed inspiration, Peter focuses more on the science end of being a superhero. Meaning, he makes gadgets. While he does come up with a "Sticky net" spray, he never swings around in a webline. Why would he? Although he's soon able to devise some means of flight by studying the Vulture and Green Goblin's gadgets. On that note, as he's not a Spider, he doesn't attract the same villains. There far fewer animal themed rogues. Also Jameson never really gets off the ground with his feud. It's a lot harder to turn the city against a science man than it is a creepy bug. There's no Scorpion in this reality, no Spider-Slayers, etc.

However Peter is going to feel really stupid the first time he gets involved in any Spiderverse shenanigans and realizes he's the only guy there that doesn't match the them.

BANNED

Ju-On: Curse of the Spider

Essentially a spin on the Ju-On: The Grudge J-Horror film series. Where Uncle Ben goes crazy, murders Aunt May and Young Peter, and their vengeful ghosts haunt their old home. Our story picking up years later where a young homecare worker Mary Jane Watson has moved to Japan. She goes into the house, finding it weird how there's spiders and spider-webs everywhere. With a mysterious ghost of Peter haunting her inside and outside the home.

We need more weird and out there Horror AU's as far as I'm concerned.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Beauty and The Man-Spider

Mary Jane Watson, an S-Rank Hunter affiliated with the Bloodstone Mercenary Corps, has spent her life clawing her way out of the debt her dead-beat father left behind by hunting monsters and demons all across the world and the time for her to retire into a life of luxury is nigh. However, her final target is unlike anything she has ever encountered. It is intelligent, cunning, vicious, fast and strong. Strong enough to bring down the mighty dragon Fin Fang Foom with frightening ease. The Nomadic Tribes of Lost Wakanda call it The Anansi or "Spider-Man", an immortal foe of their guardian avatar, The Black Panther, and the creature that was said to be responsible for leading The Living Death That Walks to Wakanda in the ancient times. However, regardless of the danger involved, Mary Jane wants the reward that the Osborn Guild has placed on the creature's head and what Mary Jane wants...she gets.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 06-25-2023 at 09:56 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

heh, just had a weird idea... which is kinda close to that one....

what if Pete never stopped being the man-spider? This is more a were-spider Pete than full monster, but still. Ooohh... also what if Spider-Girl inherits that? hmm.....