Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's the oddest sport you enjoy watching?

Simple question: What's the oddest sport you enjoy watching? Me, I found something on YouTube last year called Major League Wiffle Ball, and now I am hooked!

channels4_profile.jpg
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Olympic curling.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Olympic curling.
    Fun to watch with friends!
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Boisterously Confused

Bullriding. No point in asking why. I'm not sure I know myself

Biathlon. It's a neat combination of abilities

Olympic curling.
    If a poll has been made, I’m sure it would have won.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Curling, baby! Don't understand a damn thing about the sport, but I'll watch it all day long!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Im 0on the Curling Train. I dont know what the rules are. Or who is winning till the end of the match. But I will sit down and watch this all day!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's like shuffle board with really heavy pucks. But if it was just pushing rocks it wouldn't be nearly as fun, it all that sweeping!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Bullriding. No point in asking why. I'm not sure I know myself

Biathlon. It's a neat combination of abilities
    Have you ever seen it live? It is really cool!

It's like shuffle board with really heavy pucks. But if it was just pushing rocks it wouldn't be nearly as fun, it all that sweeping!
    The players are just so darn serious about it! It is hilarious!

Astonishing Member

I can't resist watching it, because I don't understand it. I keep trying to figure out how the scoring works and what strategies they are apparently using, but most of all I don't understand the constant sweeping. To make the "rock" veer right they sweep furiously, to make it veer left they sweep furiously, to make it slow down and stop they sweep furiously, and to make it not slow down but keep going they sweep furiously. And it looks exactly the same in every case!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And the yelling during the sweeping….”HARD! HARD!” Curling is a hoot and a half!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

league of legends

I don't usually watch sports, but I do enjoy watching the Olympics. I'd have to say the closest one that may meet the definition of 'odd' is Rhythmic Gymnastics.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fantastic Member

Does professional eating count?