Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Well as I’m doing my rereading of Asm got to issue 91. Gwen not a white supremacist. Her grief just made her associate with one and she was unaware of his intentions when she did
    This whole escapade is one thing that absolutely fascinates me about Gwen, and it saddens me to know it'll never be tackled in the comics again. She was in many ways not a nice person at all, but all her flaws are overlooked in the name of making her a pure perfect virginal dead girl.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    But is she a republican? That’s the real question.
    The streets say...maybe

one thing she is though, consistently, is a spidey hater! She might match JJJ in that. And JJJ has gone full-on spidey pal for a while now, leaving a gap...

hmmmm

HMMMMMMMM!

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    This whole escapade is one thing that absolutely fascinates me about Gwen, and it saddens me to know it'll never be tackled in the comics again. She was in many ways not a nice person at all, but all her flaws are overlooked in the name of making her a pure perfect virginal dead girl.
    I disagree that she was not a nice person. But I agree about her flaws. Which is what I see as depth of character, making her a better match to Peter and interesting one in stories. I don't hate Mary Jane Watson. But she was very easygoing and mellow. Not to say she was an unintelligent slacker stoner. But she was the kind of hippie girl lots of guys in the 60s would love to be with. In that era, Gwen was much more sensitive. Reacting in different ways showing emotional volatility and coping with life as a young woman in college. We got more backstory with Mary Jane later. And her personality changed a lot. Which I contend is because they didn't fit as well together and the idea that she was more interesting as a foil to Peter in a romantic relationship was a lie. We knew Gwen was worried about her father. And then her father got killed. Gwen was a very pretty girl but also very smart. So, I'd assume she had lingering thoughts about how she was treated based on either and how they conflict. She was encouraged to help Harry and Flash haze Peter but felt bad about it. Though she liked Peter and was very hurt that he seemed to be ignoring her. She opened up more as the two got closer, but she still had a temper. Not unlike the chip on Peter's shoulder and nature to be easily provoked. But she did feel like she could open up with Peter. And probably grew to be less on edge with everyone. Though she was still sensitive.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I also thought it was interesting to learn... I hadn't read the comic tie-in to the Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie, as I was very upset that Gwen was getting killed off and waited years to watch the movie. But the tie-in takes place before the movie starts. And we learn that the version of Gwen in that universe is the one who gave Peter a lot of his ideas to make the changes to the suit that ends up looking very much like the classic version.

gwmass.jpg
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!