Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Shazam! #2 Preview

Shazam! #2 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

Poor Billy has to deal with this and his whole family...

I get that Mary's older now but it's so weird how much taller she is than everybody.

Captain Marvel is so tough for modern writers. Have not really seen many who seem to truly "get" Captain Marvel.

One of the times I think I writer did get it was Action Comics 678.

s-l1600.jpg
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Billy's gonna be nagged about repowering the others every issue until he does, isn't he?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Billy's gonna be nagged about repowering the others every issue until he does, isn't he?
    Isn’t Mary still powered?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, she's the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Her powers comes from another source now, they come from Greek Goddesses that match the Shazam name.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The solution, it seems, is to find another 24 willing patron Gods with appropriate names - six for each of the four depowered foster siblings. That's a tough ask.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Her powers comes from another source now, they come from Greek Goddesses that match the Shazam name.
    Which is how it used to be in the Golden Age when she first got her powers, I think.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The solution, it seems, is to find another 24 willing patron Gods with appropriate names - six for each of the four depowered foster siblings. That's a tough ask.
    Not necessarily. Darla can draw power from Mary, while the remaining three (Freddy, Eugene and Pedro) can be the "new" Lt. Marvels, by drawing from Billy.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Waid really can't go wrong lately, not only is this book amazing but so is Worlds Finest. Someone one at DC needs to hand Waid the keys to the kingdom and let him set the tone for the whole universe.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

This book is great. Unfortunately by the end it reminded me that we are about to get into that pointless event from DC.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Waid really can't go wrong lately, not only is this book amazing but so is Worlds Finest. Someone one at DC needs to hand Waid the keys to the kingdom and let him set the tone for the whole universe.
    I see what you did there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This book is great. Unfortunately by the end it reminded me that we are about to get into that pointless event from DC.
    I think that's why Waid broke the book apart, with the first half being HIS story, while the second half will be his take on the next event.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Waid really has been delivering some great books lately.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel