Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

I need a Fantomex/Gambit series.

Come on, les fervents de Fantomex, lets talk some faux-French filou.

Has Fantomex appeared since the end of "A Man Called X"? I don't read widely enough to know all the things happening. I was kind of upset at how that storyline ended, since Fantomex is apparently still trapped in the Astral Plane while ...something... walks around in his skin, and then kind of dropped because the book changed hands. Since one of my previous favorite characters, still in my top 5, Morph, died in basically the same way, having his body stolen and his mind/soul/whatever gone, with the bodythief continuing to walk around in the stolen skin, in a story involving Proteus, this all brings back real bad memories.

On another note, Fantomex has just been added to Future Fight, and he's real fun. It's nice that this niche little character is getting some wider love, this time as part of an X-Force update starring Deadpool. Also interesting to note: The only new characters added were Deadpool, Domino, Psylocke, Fantomex, and Stryfe. That's a fairly small pool to have included Fantomex, so that's happy.
    Last edited by Fanto.mx; 08-11-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Goosing the conversation a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    Come on, les fervents de Fantomex, lets talk some faux-French filou.

Has Fantomex appeared since the end of "A Man Called X"? I don't read widely enough to know all the things happening. I was kind of upset at how that storyline ended, since Fantomex is apparently still trapped in the Astral Plane while ...something... walks around in his skin, and then kind of dropped because the book changed hands. Since one of my previous favorite characters, still in my top 5, Morph, died in basically the same way, having his body stolen and his mind/soul/whatever gone, with the bodythief continuing to walk around in the stolen skin, in a story involving Proteus, this all brings back real bad memories.

On another note, Fantomex has just been added to Future Fight, and he's real fun. It's nice that this niche little character is getting some wider love, this time as part of an X-Force update starring Deadpool. Also interesting to note: The only new characters added were Deadpool, Domino, Psylocke, Fantomex, and Stryfe. That's a fairly small pool to have included Fantomex, so that's happy.
    I’m not sure if he’s appeared anywhere since A Man Called X.

Did you hear that Ed Skrein, the actor who played Ajax in Deadpool, wants to play Fantomex?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...-deadpool/amp/

It’s funny, when I saw Deadpool, I thought it was kind of a shame this guy was already playing someone else because he’d make a good Fantomex. Who knows if there’s any shot of it happening, but I’d be down for it.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 08-11-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Sorry, double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I’m not sure if he’s appeared anywhere since A Man Called X.

Did you hear that Ed Skrein, the actor who played Ajax in Deadpool, wants to Fantomex?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...-deadpool/amp/

It’s funny, when I saw Deadpool, I thought it was kind of a shame this guy was already playing someone else because he’d make a good Fantomex. Who knows if there’s any shot of it happening, but I’d be down for it.
    I could see Ed Skrein pulling it off. He's certainly got "unimpressed" down pat, and that's like half of Fantomex's personality. I think my dream casting would actually be Simon Quatermain, Lee from Westworld. For me, snark is harder to sell than just about anything else.

And odd that Fantomex/X hasn't shown up anywhere else yet, though that may just be an artifact of story arc staggering, where the other books just haven't caught up, storywise, yet. But it's sort of the resurrection of Xavier maybe kinda sorta, so you'd think it would be important enough to find its way into the other stuff. I don't see X or Fantomex in the Disassembled teaser, so complete mystery right now.

So X showed up in the Astonishing Annual, which really only deepened the bad for Fantomex fans. His body's back in limbo for the moment, and there was no indication at all that anyone suspects that his mind is still on the astral plane. Meanwhile, X seems to have fully embraced the jerkitude that anyone paying attention knew was Xavier's defining characteristic for quite a while. I see one of two things happening: this is a buildup to something happening in Extermination/Disassembled and they'll be turning on X (whether that means they end up killing Fantomex or conspiring to give him his body back is probably 50/50) or the Astonishing Annual will be the last we see of either X or Fantomex for a long while and his story is done for now.

The first option would at least give payoff and a story reason for this happening. It might not give us Fantomex back, but it would at least give some sort of weight to the occurrence. Right now, it feels like we lost Fantomex for...no reason. It hasn't gone anywhere. We haven't really even gotten any good reactions in-story. The may have just been a timing disconnect between when this story wrapped and the new one begins.

The second would mean that our current state becomes the running state for an indeterminate amount of time, and it's possible that the story is forgotten until someone wants to bring Xavier back again.

I suspect the first. I fear the second.

I don’t know what to think about Fantomex’s future, but I definitely think we’ll see more of X.