Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default "Nobody does it like me"-Fantomex Appreciation

First of all, I know that Jean Phillipe doesn't have many fans here so please don't put my head on a stake. Now that that's out of the way, why not appreciate the classy assholery of Charlie-Cluster 7? He's intelligent, suave, an ******* and a thief, but sometimes he can be a geniunely nice guy. Let's all (5 fans of him) appreciate FANTOMEX!

274428-188658-fantomex.jpg

216979-52186-fantomex.jpg

ab6643c6cb2f5b142ee62e39bae7890f.jpg

LOL This mess of a character.

I actually enjoyed him in Morrison's New x-Men and I also love what Spurrier is doing with the character in the current iteration of X-Force.
    He works really well when his parodic nature is pushed to the maximum imo.

Bah! As if le Fantomex needs, 'ow you say, appréciacion from the likes of us. Ce n'est pas logique.

Only know him thanks to Spurrier's X-Force but I'm totally on board with him. Not sure how badly he's been done in the past, but the simple combination of impossibly massive ego + inept skills have been used excellently there.

Or to put it another way, he's the...

Spurrier's characterization has been the only characterization of the faux French fop I've liked (well more like, "love to hate"). Craig worded it perfectly.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

When he stabbed Archangel/pokolips in his boot, "your cobbler forgot to shod your boot!" I think of this guy EVERYTIME I buy shoes.
    I don't know who else has written him but I loved him in that x-force run. The fight over psylocke and everything he was... he was like a much cooler gambit somehow.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    The fight over psylocke and everything he was...he was like a much cooler gambit somehow.
    Shhhh, don't say things like that.

UXF_004_0022.jpg

This was my favorite Fantomex moment. I don't know what that says about me.......

I totally misread the title as "Nobody Likes Me" >_<

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Also fitting for Fantomex, alas.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    Shhhh, don't say things like that.

UXF_004_0022.jpg

This was my favorite Fantomex moment. I don't know what that says about me.......
    LOL why not? I swear when I first encountered him? I literally thought he WAS an alt Gambit or something. Then I had to think back and he was a take that french thief character. Either way.

"Your cobbler forgot to shod your boot..stab!" lol phew, still makes me smile to this day. I don't know why.
    Actually, I think it was the "I"m defiantly me. I'm defiantly me even when I'm not winning... especially when I'm not winning"

Wasn't he also Weapon 12?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    LOL why not? I swear when I first encountered him? I literally thought he WAS an alt Gambit or something. Then I had to think back and he was a take that french thief character. Either way.

"Your cobbler forgot to shod your boot..stab!" lol phew, still makes me smile to this day. I don't know why.
    Actually, I think it was the "I"m defiantly me. I'm defiantly me even when I'm not winning... especially when I'm not winning"

Wasn't he also Weapon 12?
    He was Weapon 13 IIRC.

Incredible Member

I would love a Fantomex ongoing by Remender or Morrison. Dare to dream, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Spurrier's characterization has been the only characterization of the faux French fop I've liked (well more like, "love to hate"). Craig worded it perfectly.
    Exactly. Spurrier has taken a character I was borderline hating and made me almost like him. Watching him struggle is funny and very, very rewarding...

Thank god, I was starting to think I was starting to think I was the only one who really loved fantomex on this forum. I really don't understand the hate. I loved him from the get-go and was so happy when I picked-up spurrier's x-force. Maybe i was lucky in missing humphries run on x-force.

One of my favorite scene is after the dark angel saga when logan start interrogating him about evan but he just remind wolverine how awesome he is. He's so arrogant and (most of the time) he's got the goods to back it up!

I remember his first appearance. Why did he pour wine on his head?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    same

I like him better as a classy villain, like a jewel thief or a hitman for the Hellfire Club, not as a cross between Gambit and Deadpool hero.