Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I enjoy the tropes and contrivances of secret identities and the drama they can cause, so I’m always looking for Diana Prince to return as part of the concept and narrative. I just think it’s fun for her to be able to interact with the public and have relationships with characters in different ways.

The most recent films had fun with her being an art historian. I’d definitely bring that into the title more, alongside some socially skill, and her work as a freelancer who gets asked to consult with different people and organizations (e.g. ARGUS) across the DCU.
    The reason I like it so much is it adds stakes, "can she get out of this situation or turn into Wonder Woman before she's killed?" there's inherent drama in the secret identity approach. It also proves she's a wonder woman even without super-powers, that's why this thread is titled the way it is.

She can become so much more by becoming temporarily less. It shows her accomplishments aren't dependent on her station or blessings from the gods, but by her own tenacity and hard work, the way real life women have to progress.

dp 87.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The reason I like it so much is it adds stakes, "can she get out of this situation or turn into Wonder Woman before she's killed?" there's inherent drama in the secret identity approach. It also proves she's a wonder woman even without super-powers, that's why this thread is titled the way it is.

She can become so much more by becoming temporarily less. It shows her accomplishments aren't dependent on her station or blessings from the gods, but by her own tenacity and hard work, the way real life women have to progress.

dp 87.jpg
    Yes, that is why I like this thread so much---Diana Prince is a true wonder woman!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I love the Diana Prince secret identity and wish they would bring it back. It's always a fun and interesting bit of drama to see if the secret will be discovered, who can know and who can not. I love that Williamson has returned it to Superman (and Batman has never truly lost his.) The upcoming storyline might be a way to return Diana to that identity, to be able to work though something in some amount of anonymity, but I doubt that will be a direction taken.

Fantastic Member

Plus, I’m going to say it, the wonderspin transformation is:

I C O N I C .

(Way better than a telephone booth or a Batpole.)
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-15-2023 at 10:27 AM.

dp 87.jpg
    I totally agree that it adds drama and shows another side of Diana. I can give or take her being unpowered as Diana Prince, but the dual identity aspect of her life will always appeal to me. There are things she can do as Diana Prince that she can’t as Princess Diana and Wonder Woman. The juxtaposition of all those roles makes things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Plus, I’m going to say it, the wonderspin transformation is:

I C O N I C .

(Way better than a telephone booth or a Batpole.)
    Oh yes, definitely!

Be it spinning with clothing change, magic lasso clothing change or a spin with a flash of light and a sonic boom.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I’ve been hanging around these boards long enough that I sometimes don’t chime in on a thread if all I have to offer is an opinion I’ve already shared more than once. But, what the heck, I’ll say it again: Diana Prince (and secret IDs in general) rock! LOL
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

True, here are both versions, the original and the retelling.

Attachment 132407

Attachment 132408
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Wonder Woman 237
    Attachment 132414
    Attachment 132415

As for the newspaper, that would be more difficult for me to get ahold of at the moment
    Though I recall it expanding more on her nurse period with things like establishing her first meeting with Etta
    Not a fan of Diana having a secret identity but these were interesting, thanks for posting. Since Diana basically assumed someone else's identity, I always wondered if the writers ever followed up on that.

Also I know people have schoffed at how Diana's secret identity worked but it makes sense; unlike Superman she didn't grow up in Man's World. She came to our world fully grown. If she is going to integrate quickly then assuming someone else's identity would be the fastest way to do it and explains how she was able to get a job quickly as well.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I’ve been hanging around these boards long enough that I sometimes don’t chime in on a thread if all I have to offer is an opinion I’ve already shared more than once. But, what the heck, I’ll say it again: Diana Prince (and secret IDs in general) rock! LOL
    I love a good secret id as well.

Always loved the Diana Prince aspect of the character. Depowering her while posing as DP? No. But apart from that give it to me.

Her working at a museum is great

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    For anyone that dislikes Diana Prince, hate to break it to you, but I think Tom King will use her in his run and prove her relevancy. The storyline calls for Amazon discretion, subtlety, subterfuge and espionage, if they're going up against the United States. Diana Prince's skill set fits perfectly with those qualifications.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I think it was a mistake to lose the secret identity -- and I loved when Heinberg brought it back (I think he was the first to use it post-Crisis).

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

For anyone that dislikes Diana Prince, hate to break it to you, but I think Tom King will use her in his run and prove her relevancy. The storyline calls for Amazon discretion, subtlety, subterfuge and espionage, if they're going up against the United States. Diana Prince's skill set fits perfectly with those qualifications.
    I have wondered if he would bring it back with the story he is telling...I really hope that he does. I love the identity and how it allows her to move about in the world the same way it allows Superman to move as Clark Kent and Batman as Bruce Wayne.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I have wondered if he would bring it back with the story he is telling...I really hope that he does. I love the identity and how it allows her to move about in the world the same way it allows Superman to move as Clark Kent and Batman as Bruce Wayne.
    I'm only going by the above pic from Sampere, thinking that he put her in glasses a had her spinning for a reason. That's another plus of the DP identity, both the spin and lasso transformations are visually cool.