Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Think of the sin-eater blasting him as a seismic event that jump-started his conscience again.

I think it's accurate to say he couldn't get true redemption as we might understand it without accepting his sins first. He's done that. Now that he has, he'll ultimately fail to pass that test. There can be no true redemption for Norman without his sins being back with him.

That said, I've been sitting here thinking 'Man, Pentinent Norman and Reforming Ock' teaming up would be a *fun* mini-series.'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I get what you mean about it being brought on by external circumstances, but the result is the same in that Norman is genuinely a good person now. Whether he "earned" it or not, he's a kind and caring person that wants to atone, which I figure is the most important thing. Anything beyond that is kind of subjective and existential musing with no real answer.
    I guess to me the sinless Norman just isn't really the "real" Norman because it takes away the other traits that defined him as a person and his actions, and also his relationships with others, so yes he has to live with that and try to do better but it's not like it's really the Green Goblin suddenly feeling guilt and wanting to do better.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I really wonder how Superior returns out of this, I thought this story would show us but guess we have to wait till issue 1

It's kinda telling that even as an extremely arrogant bastard, SpOck still feels more Spider-Man like than ASM Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess to me the sinless Norman just isn't really the "real" Norman because it takes away the other traits that defined him as a person and his actions, and also his relationships with others, so yes he has to live with that and try to do better but it's not like it's really the Green Goblin suddenly feeling guilt and wanting to do better.
    It's not. It's a Norman Osborne closer to the DeFoe interpretation, which is what they're aiming for because it's ppular. A Norman who isn't 'all good', or 'all bad'. It's also easier to explain why he's still alive that way. Whether you like the execution or not, it seems prettyy clear that there goal is to bring Norman in line with the pop-culture interpretation.

It's not. It's a Norman Osborne closer to the DeFoe interpretation, which is what they're aiming for because it's ppular. A Norman who isn't 'all good', or 'all bad'. It's also easier to explain why he's still alive that way. Whether you like the execution or not, it seems prettyy clear that there goal is to bring Norman in line with the pop-culture interpretation.
    So much so that Zeb Wells is acting like they had the Raimi movies dynamic the whole time .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    It's kinda telling that even as an extremely arrogant bastard, SpOck still feels more Spider-Man like than ASM Peter.
    Otto better pray Supernova doesn't find out the truth...

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Otto better pray Supernova doesn't find out the truth...
    Oh, she probably will and then Peter is going to have to save Otto from getting cooked alive by solar radiation. Well, either that or Otto becomes Superior and takes the fight to Supernova.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Thinking about it, I think it'd be a nice little nod to the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, if Estrella had to wear her own Electro like containment suit just to be able to touch anything without burning through it.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least he felt like Norman in Gold Goblin. I almost wish that had been extended to an ongoing.

Anyway, tomorrow is new comic day for me and SSM Returns is top of the pile. I cannot wait!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    At least he felt like Norman in Gold Goblin. I almost wish that had been extended to an ongoing.

Anyway, tomorrow is new comic day for me and SSM Returns is top of the pile. I cannot wait!
    Norman was extremely well written in Gold Goblin, Cantwell is great at writing villains, I also really enjoyed his Doom series

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Norman was extremely well written in Gold Goblin, Cantwell is great at writing villains, I also really enjoyed his Doom series
    Not just villains. That Iron Man run was fantastic.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Technically, the modern pop culture interpretation is based on the pre-The Night Gwen Stacy Died comics where the Norman Osborn persona was cast in a more sympathetic light, insofar as still having positive traits like genuine love for his son Harry and respect for Peter as a budding fellow scientist, as well as being unaware of or struggling against the Green Goblin persona. Those weren't necessarily made up for Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, even if they'd been long abandoned before that movie first came out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

AIPT has a First Look at Superior Spider-Man #1 over on their website:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/13/ma...-spider-man-1/
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    AIPT has a First Look at Superior Spider-Man #1 over on their website:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/13/ma...-spider-man-1/
    … Uh-Oh… that last preview page…

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    … Uh-Oh… that last preview page…
    WOW. How did his spider-sense not go off there?