Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Time for Kingsley to swoop in and take his rightful mantle as the primary spidervillain!

-------------------------------------------

I don't think it's necessarily true that it'll be Otto in the primary role. That's obviously the most likely guess, but I could see this being someone wacky like Kaine or a mini where Peter is doing something specific that involves emulating some of Otto's less totalitarian traits from his time as SM
    It seemed like they were setting up Queen Goblin to be a big deal but then...nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what exactly has Eddie done to be considered one of the Big Three villains? I never here any major venom story besides his initial one. also if those three guys aren't villains then Marvel will be forced to make new stories for his lesser villains
    Pretty much all his initial stories up to when he became the Lethal Protector and all his media adaptions that treat him as one of the biggest Spidey villains.

Zeb Wells sure seems to love Tombstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Loool that was good.

Also Imma assume Spider-Verse 2 is out, either that or he got a cool voice in a trailer.

Anyways if this is Otto then I'm 100% not surprised, Slott coming back to ASM meant that Otto being used in some way is not a matter of "if", but "when", it's like DeMatteis telling a story about fucking Kraven.
    I'm still surprised SpOck didn't save the day in End of Spider-Verse.

Mighty Member

I'm not super surprised they are going back to the Superior well. Honestly, until Superior actually faces Ock, at which point I feel like the concept will have fully played itself out, I wouldn't at all be shocked to see this crop up every now and again.

But Slott going back here surprises me. Feels like a greatest hits album of late, with Spider-verse and now this. Wonder if that says something about his mindset as a writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of funny if they bring SpOck back if only because it would mean we get a period where none of the Big Three (Otto, Norman, and Eddie) are villains.
    Well for Eddie that's whatever because he existed for longer as a non-villain than villain at this point, but Norman and Otto? Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what exactly has Eddie done to be considered one of the Big Three villains? I never here any major venom story besides his initial one. also if those three guys aren't villains then Marvel will be forced to make new stories for his lesser villains
    Venom overwhelmed Spidey on a time where doing that was actually impressive, and him knowing Spidey's identity made him dangerous in a way villains before him weren't, and I say this while keeping Norman in mind, but Norman was bad, because the stories just did a "Hey he forgot Peter is Spidey again" a bunch of time, Venom never did have that happen, and his twisted sense of "honor" means he won't necessarily go after MJ, which makes him more flexible in stories, that and it made him more unique compared to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Ah yes the ol' you can't rule it out because they're terrible problem, lol.

One day when Spider-Man isin a better place i'll reread the series and this time I'll force myself to finish Superior Spider-Man, if only for completion sake, and then i will read the Gage run. I'm sure it's better.
    It has better characterization but the story itself is kinda whatever.

The solution at the end was colossally fucking terrible, the way to defeat spoilers:
    Spider-Norman from some other universe was basically, Spider-Otto lost the fight, so Mephisto shows up and offers him to his original body without any mental problem caused by the arms, Otto accepts his weaker body to fight Spider-Norman, and then he defeats Spider-Norman by summoning a bunch of other tentacle robot arms, something that he never really did before, and logically it's not something he'd need to switch bodies for.
    end of spoilers

It was a way to bring back Otto to his original body, and it was terrible.

This also happened:

(Superior Spider-Man#12 vol 2).

I remember hearing that Slott and Gage mentioned in some interview that Spidey only dates super models while Otto "respects" women and sees them as who they are or whatever, to have Anna Maria talk **** about Spidey like this is, ridiculous...

Reminder this is also the guy who wanted to crush MJ's puss while pretending to be Spidey.

It seemed like they were setting up Queen Goblin to be a big deal but then...nope.
    What is she doing now?

I'm still surprised SpOck didn't save the day in End of Spider-Verse.
    He didn't? That's surprising.

Like I didn't even know there was a Spider-Otto in End of Spider-Verse, but I assumed there was one, because Slott.

Who saved the day though? Was it Spider-Boy? Maybe Spidey himself?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    But Slott going back here surprises me. Feels like a greatest hits album of late, with Spider-verse and now this. Wonder if that says something about his mindset as a writer?
    Writers like to repeat specific plot points, we for example had more than one Stan Lee/Romita story where Spidey broke his arm then had to fight Vulture lol.

It gets annoying when they repeat themselves too much and/or just don't do anything really interesting with the repeated idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    What if he tries to take Peter's body and winds up taking Felicia's?

Given all the horrible stuff Felicia endured in the Superior run, it wouldn't surprise me

Or maybe it's going to become a "Which body is Otto Octavious going to take!?!? Peter, Felicia, Mary Jane, Paul!?!?!? Tune in next month!!"
    Ms. Marvel’s.😁

Well for Eddie that's whatever because he existed for longer as a non-villain than villain at this point, but Norman and Otto? Yeah...
    But Venom's still known popularly as a Spider-Man villain.
    is she doing now?
    Kind of dead!
    He didn't? That's surprising.

Like I didn't even know there was a Spider-Otto in End of Spider-Verse, but I assumed there was one, because Slott.

Who saved the day though? Was it Spider-Boy? Maybe Spidey himself?
    spoilers:
    I think it was Silk and a Peter who never got Spider-Powers.
    end of spoilers
    Writers like to repeat specific plot points, we for example had more than one Stan Lee/Romita story where Spidey broke his arm then had to fight Vulture lol.

It gets annoying when they repeat themselves too much and/or just don't do anything really interesting with the repeated idea...
    Admittedly Slott was on ASM for so long and did so much that it would be hard not to repeat old plots.

Mighty Member

Venom overwhelmed Spidey on a time where doing that was actually impressive, and him knowing Spidey's identity made him dangerous in a way villains before him weren't, and I say this while keeping Norman in mind, but Norman was bad, because the stories just did a "Hey he forgot Peter is Spidey again" a bunch of time, Venom never did have that happen, and his twisted sense of "honor" means he won't necessarily go after MJ, which makes him more flexible in stories, that and it made him more unique compared to everyone else.

It has better characterization but the story itself is kinda whatever.

The solution at the end was colossally fucking terrible, the way to defeat spoilers:
    Spider-Norman from some other universe was basically, Spider-Otto lost the fight, so Mephisto shows up and offers him to his original body without any mental problem caused by the arms, Otto accepts his weaker body to fight Spider-Norman, and then he defeats Spider-Norman by summoning a bunch of other tentacle robot arms, something that he never really did before, and logically it's not something he'd need to switch bodies for.
    end of spoilers

It was a way to bring back Otto to his original body, and it was terrible.

This also happened:

(Superior Spider-Man#12 vol 2).

I remember hearing that Slott and Gage mentioned in some interview that Spidey only dates super models while Otto "respects" women and sees them as who they are or whatever, to have Anna Maria talk **** about Spidey like this is, ridiculous...

Reminder this is also the guy who wanted to crush MJ's puss while pretending to be Spidey.
    Huh. Sometimes i see pages from comics between when i left and came back (because i've read like 99% of the stuff from before then) and I have yet to see one where I regret missing it. This continues to be the case.

Still eventually, for completions sake, I'll have to read it. And this current run. But we're a long way from that it seems.

BANNED

So is this an ongoing, or maybe just Superior Spidey showing up in Slott's adjectiveless Spider-man?

I think it's the anniversary of Superior so it makes sense for them to do something with it. I've always loved Superior Spider-Man for its mix of camp silver-age villainy and pressure-cooker madness, but it's hard to see what they can do with it from the present status-quo at the moment.

Astonishing Member

Will read. Love the Superior Spider-Man era. Christopher Yost wrote the character better than anybody though.

But Venom's still known popularly as a Spider-Man villain.
    True, it's just that in the comics he isn't one for a while lol.

Kind of dead!
    Oh come on lol.

What even "kinda" killed her? Was it Janine? Norman? What about Norman's sins?

spoilers:
    I think it was Silk and a Peter who never got Spider-Powers.
    end of spoilers
    Slott is repeating his own plot so much that Cindy is being super awesome? Sheesh lol.

Does Spidey, and I meant 616 one, get to do good ****? Because Cindy and some random counterpart saving the day sounds whatever.

Admittedly Slott was on ASM for so long and did so much that it would be hard not to repeat old plots.
    Yeah stuff like that happens, it's just that, if you're repeating yourself too much you might as well move on to another comic...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Huh. Sometimes i see pages from comics between when i left and came back (because i've read like 99% of the stuff from before then) and I have yet to see one where I regret missing it. This continues to be the case.
    The comic itself is okay, but again, it's more so because the characterization can carry it, the story itself is really whatever, and the ending is terrible.

Still eventually, for completions sake, I'll have to read it. And this current run. But we're a long way from that it seems.
    I would really advice against reading **** you don't like just for the sake of completionism lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think it's the anniversary of Superior so it makes sense for them to do something with it. I've always loved Superior Spider-Man for its mix of camp silver-age villainy and pressure-cooker madness, but it's hard to see what they can do with it from the present status-quo at the moment.
    Wonder if Slott is gonna do "Untold Tales", he does that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Ms. Marvel’s.��
    Otto: "What is this stretchy power? It is but a carbon copy of another foe. This is a mockery of that foe. No... I will not be bound by this. I have technology, I can create something better, I can create the kind of technology that will do what she wishes and add a sparkly purple hue. I will show the world that I am not one to be mocked and I will no longer be considered a lesser version of that blonde soldier. I will be greater, I will be better, I will be smarter. I will be, a Superior Ms. Marvel..."
    Last edited by Majesty; 06-03-2023 at 10:33 PM.

Wonder if Slott is gonna do "Untold Tales", he does that sometimes.
    Definitely a strong contender, but that isn't really a 'return'.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Otto: "What is this stretchy power? It is but a carbon copy of another foe. This is a mockery of that foe. No... I will not be bound by this. I have technology, I can create something better, I can create the kind of technology that will do what she wishes and add a sparkly purple hue. I will show the world that I am not one to be mocked and I will no longer be considered a lesser version of that blonde soldier. I will be greater, I will be better, I will be smarter. I will be, a Superior Ms. Marvel..."
    Look, you trans Doc Ock as a Japanese Schoolgirl ONE TIME and now everyone puts their thinly veiled fetish on display.. :P

Definitely a strong contender, but that isn't really a 'return'.
    Hm... Yeah, good point, I forgot about the "return" bit.

Look, you trans Doc Ock as a Japanese Schoolgirl ONE TIME and now everyone puts their thinly veiled fetish on display.. :P
    What the hell? Uh, what did I miss? Lol.

Hm... Yeah, good point, I forgot about the "return" bit.

What the hell? Uh, what did I miss? Lol.
    You would think they are joking.. But they are not

Spider-Man Takes on Doc Ock in a Japanese School Girl Body in New Shonen Jump+ Manga