Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I hope it's not this dumb
    So Conner Kent is. Clone of Clark and lex his name is superboy
    Bayley s name is spider boy. Oh that's so stupid
    What will it mean for ASM?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Superior Spider-Man that exists somewhere in the Spider-verse that Peter punched the crap out of??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Superior Spider-Man that exists somewhere in the Spider-verse that Peter punched the crap out of??
    If I recall, that was just a time displaced version from a point in the Superior ongoing, and he was returned to his original point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    If I recall, that was just a time displaced version from a point in the Superior ongoing, and he was returned to his original point in time.
    That's correct.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

LMAO, the Spidey office truly is out of ideas

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I would really advice against reading shit you don't like just for the sake of completionism lol.
    This is reasonable advice, but the sense of satisfaction I will get is worth it. And I will find ways to make the issues themselves worth (likely by ripping them for being bad). It's only like ~100 comics anyway, pretty easy especially at modern decompression.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I’m excited but for the love of god Marvel make up your mind on what you want Otto’s status quo to be, I’m getting too much emotional whiplash from this lmao, this is gonna be the third time he’s gone from Doc Ock to Superior Spidey

BANNED

I'm happy for the Superior fans who are digging this, no disrespect if you loved that run. I'm not trying to attack you for liking something I didn't. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Because to me, it's just another representation of the worst of the post-OMD Spider-man. Where the characters are so poorly written we're just supposed to accept that Doc Ock stole Peter's brain and no one noticed or tried to do anything. Somehow Mary Jane Watson couldn't put that together despite having lived with Peter most of her adult life.

Wait, sorry, Daredevil noticed he talked different, but somehow couldn't parse together it was the guy he's fought a billion times was now in Pete's body. Despite sounding, talking and acting just like this guy he's fought a billion times.

Having finally recently read Spider-verse, I think Otto was one of the worst parts of that entire story. The part where he just goes nuts trying to kill the multiverse because he's sore he loses. Just so stupid. How very 'superior' of him to nearly doom all of reality. He was totes a true hero, you guys.

And don't get me started on that terribad issue 2 cover. It haunts my nightmares.

I really hope this is just like an arc in adjectiveless Spidey and then he goes back into the void.
    Last edited by Venomsaurus; 06-04-2023 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So the best thing about the Superior Spider-Man story was that it actually had finality to it; Otto's own vices caught up with him and he realized because of them he could never be "The Superior Spider-Man." Personally, I feel like every return/resurrection continues to diminish that story.

Going out on a limb and guessing that Spider-Boy's origin is going to be connected to SpOck.
    spiderboy.jpg

This is the variant cover that didn't make sense to me at the time. Spider-boy makes a lot of sense, especially because Slott said he would try to include him in future projects.

Oh and also, this seems too obvious. The 1:100 of first spider-boy is the Alex Ross Doc Ock!

If I have to guess...

We know that Otto deleted Peter during the original Superior Spider-Man, and it was Otto accessing those memories that gave life back to Peter. Perhaps something similar can occur here, with this version of SSM picking up from the chastened Otto that deleted himself being restored when Peter has reason to call on his memories and gives life to his consciousness again. How they get from that to resurrecting Superior Spider-Man is anybody's guess, but Slott did mention that he had planned to do the follow up series to SSM at one point, but it was decided to let Gage have it, so I imagine Slott is probably going to return to his own plot threads and plans while incorporating on-going events.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    I’m excited but for the love of god Marvel make up your mind on what you want Otto’s status quo to be, I’m getting too much emotional whiplash from this lmao, this is gonna be the third time he’s gone from Doc Ock to Superior Spidey
    I'm going to be brutally honest here. I don't give a shit about Classic Ock after all his Spock character development was rolled back just like I don't give a shit about Post-OMD 616 Peter (for the same reason). I've talked with many other Superior fans online and offline and they all feel the same way. Other than pleasing Editorial who likes to keep characters trapped in the 1980s or before, Classic Ock serves no purpose these days. If I want to read about Classic Ock's best stories I can read back issues it is like with Peter being a "swinging down on his luck immature single" been there done that bought the shirt.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-04-2023 at 09:58 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I'm happy for the Superior fans who are digging this, no disrespect if you loved that run. I'm not trying to attack you for liking something I didn't. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Because to me, it's just another representation of the worst of the post-OMD Spider-man. Where the characters are so poorly written we're just supposed to accept that Doc Ock stole Peter's brain and no one noticed or tried to do anything. Somehow Mary Jane Watson couldn't put that together despite having lived with Peter most of her adult life.

Wait, sorry, Daredevil noticed he talked different, but somehow couldn't parse together it was the guy he's fought a billion times was now in Pete's body. Despite sounding, talking and acting just like this guy he's fought a billion times.

Having finally recently read Spider-verse, I think Otto was one of the worst parts of that entire story. The part where he just goes nuts trying to kill the multiverse because he's sore he loses. Just so stupid. How very 'superior' of him to nearly doom all of reality. He was totes a true hero, you guys.

And don't get me started on that terribad issue 2 cover. It haunts my nightmares.

I really hope this is just like an arc in adjectiveless Spidey and then he goes back into the void.
    Yeah no Superior is bad. But this is fine, they're basically treating Slott's book as an AU. I have no doubt this will not affect the main title at all. It will continue to be bad all by itself.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Slott has gotten to the point of his career where the only work he gets at Marvel is essentially a return to the greatest hits. Nothing new, just the same old same old
    You can say the same thing about Peter David, Dave Micheline among others...

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    If I have to guess...

We know that Otto deleted Peter during the original Superior Spider-Man, and it was Otto accessing those memories that gave life back to Peter. Perhaps something similar can occur here, with this version of SSM picking up from the chastened Otto that deleted himself being restored when Peter has reason to call on his memories and gives life to his consciousness again. How they get from that to resurrecting Superior Spider-Man is anybody's guess, but Slott did mention that he had planned to do the follow up series to SSM at one point, but it was decided to let Gage have it, so I imagine Slott is probably going to return to his own plot threads and plans while incorporating on-going events.
    I always thought Otto "deleting" himself in vol. 1 left the door open for that version of himself to return. Perhaps we'll get the deleted consciousness in a New U Tolliver body and get the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by SpideyClone; 06-04-2023 at 08:31 AM.