Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Wonder what it says that an (in)famous Spider-Man writer is bringing back one of his more noted (and somewhat controversial) creations and all we want to talk about is Dragonball.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    And now let's go into why Chi Chi is so misunderstood and how that misunderstanding led to OMD......

Boy, she went on a arc. From soulless killer to homemaker mom.

Tournament of Power 18 is best 18. Yes, I WILL let you bribe me to lose this, I'd rather have something valuable than a stupid title.

Only in the movies.

...does he have hair? I have not looked at anything Heroes related.

No. ONe day I'd like Peter to finish his degree and get a science job, but like, a job. Not turn him into Tony Stark.
    Disrupted thanks to Beyond and the what did peter do storyline.

Mighty Member

And now let's go into why Chi Chi is so misunderstood and how that misunderstanding led to OMD......

Tournament of Power 18 is best 18. Yes, I WILL let you bribe me to lose this, I'd rather have something valuable than a stupid title.

Only in the movies.

No. ONe day I'd like Peter to finish his degree and get a science job, but like, a job. Not turn him into Tony Stark.
    Peter does have a science job at Oscorp

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It's one of the greatest redemption arcs of all time!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

Only in the movies.

Even though Stark is currently broke and kicked out of his own company?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    its so random but hey at least he is getting paid and paying rent lets see how long that will last
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When this hell did this turn into a Dragonball thread?
    Starting here:

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Seriously, this kind of **** is worse than someone like Vegeta from Dragon Ball changing sides.
    I can't defend the fact that it's super abusive, but I will say I never considered Gohan to be a reliable narrator in that instance. Like yeah Gohan thinks he's no so bad (stockholm syndrome, lol), but he's still basically a bad guy up until he dies for Gohan.
    The thing is that, Gohan is meant to be a reliable narrator, plenty of times when DB characters open their mouths to spout their opinions, the characters are parroting something from Toriyama's mind, and considering Goku also thinks that Piccolo isn't that bad, yeah... Just bad writing on Toriyama's part.

And compared to how he is in the previous arc even just working together with people is a major step up.
    I mean that was just pragmatism, Raditz outclassed Piccolo and he was weaker than Nappa and Vegeta lol.

Goku is holding back the whole time by not going SS3, so yes he let him win, a major point of contention for Vegeta when he comes back and Goku wants to fuse with him into Vegito.
    I mean, holding back doesn't mean he let Vegeta win, because he certainly didn't turn around and put a target on the back of his own head and wrote "Punch me" there lol.

I can see the point about how it shouldn't happen off screen. I think that's why we get the arc with him accepting Babidi's power, because they wanted that dramatic moment where he really decided for himself to be a good guy.

Bulma....look Bulma is not exactly known for making great decisions. Even Yamcha started as a thief.
    That was when Bulma was also a teenager and a bigger dumbass, and Yamcha started as a thief but was practically harmless, he even helped to save everyone when Goku turned Oozaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    She was good in that arc and tournament of power
    Eh, she didn't do much besides the fight against Ribrianne, and even there she was overshadowed by 17 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yeah she was, I was so excited when she got brought in for the tournament. It had been quite some time since we saw her fight IIRC.
    I think the last time she fought was in Resurrection of F, where she just fought some mooks.

Before that she lost to Super Buu before being eaten (Don't think it was even shown onscreen), and before that it was her Cell saga fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Yes, but he has shown up again long after it was established. I think he even fought Saiyaman
    The only situation I can think of that happening was in Janemba's movie, and I don't think Gohan fought him there.

Besides that he returned for a minute and got killed by Vegeta in GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    All this retrospective into Vegeta's character when we all know Toriyama wrote him like a bad fanfiction. net don't steal edgy OC.
    And future Trunks' world is written like a bad fanfiction lol.

Everyone died, and the setting treats it like it's permanent, even though the characters could've just called asked Kaio to use the Namekian dragon balls.

It gets even stupider once Room of Spirit and Time is established, although you can maybe say that Kami being dead means the place is sealed off.

The funny part about Piccolo is that the movies have him evil as hell until the Cooler one.
    Do they? 'Cause he's still being hella helpful and saving Gohan in them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Parker Industries can work. Just don't make it into a Stark Industries like company cuz there's no way that status quo was going to last.
    Yeah, Parker Industries was more manageable before vol 5 lol.

Chi Chi is overhated, but Toriyama doesn't do her any favors by writing her inconsistently.

If you only read the manga then you'll see her being a naggy mother at Cell saga, then she just, stops that after nagging one last when Goku comes back from Yardrat, she doesn't even treat Goten like she did Gohan, and even with Gohan herself she's tame.

All offscreen lol.

It's so bad that Krillin decided to think with his dick and destroy the remote, which even 18 herself pointed out that was a terrible idea, all of this because she kissed him on the cheek.

No, his beard grew though.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wonder what it says that an (in)famous Spider-Man writer is bringing back one of his more noted (and somewhat controversial) creations and all we want to talk about is Dragonball.
    In Superior's defense, not much to talk about right now.

But hey, it beats the usual doom and gloom we have that is caused by having BND writers take over Spider-Man again...

Doesn't that happen like once per decade? Either that of Stark Industries going bankrupt lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

stark is out of his company right now right? yet he still has access to making iron man armors similar to what's happening to Batman he is no longer a billionaire but a millionaire which is still enough for him to do batman stuff.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

I welcome a new Superior title in all honesty.
    Feels like this is damage control in a way, you don't just announce Superior so soon after your big "issue 26 reveal" which hasn't gotten the best reception.

Also, I find it odd that we're talking about DBZ in a Spider-Man thread... I mean I like DBZ, but the two aren't really comparable.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Feels like this is damage control in a way, you don't just announce Superior so soon after your big "issue 26 reveal" which hasn't gotten the best reception.

Also, I find it odd that we're talking about DBZ in a Spider-Man thread... I mean I like DBZ, but the two aren't really comparable.
    I have 2 words for you. Captains Ginyu

Indeed, the former is far better written. Even now with all the Super crap, I'm still entertained by aspects of it (The Heaters, Nu Broly, and Black Frieza not to mention the insanely fun DB Heroes Mini-Anime) which is more than I can say for current 616 Spidey. Current DB makes me laugh and at times go WTH?! (in a good way) and get excited, whereas 616 Spidey makes me sick and wonder why I'm wasting my time with such utter crap.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

fandom are similar is a sense that they feel the writer dont appreciate a certain character way more than the main character

Honestly, Black is far more comparable with Otto than Ginyu lol.

Both even get weirdly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, the former is far better written.
    Which's not much of a feat, even when DB is actually really bad, like Tien's episode from ToP, it's still better than what Marvel is doing with Spidey.

Even now with all the Super crap, I'm still entertained by aspects of it (The Heaters, Nu Broly, and Black Frieza not to mention the insanely fun DB Heroes Mini-Anime) which is more than I can say for current 616 Spidey.
    Is the Black Freeza **** over yet? 'Cause that story with gas has the worst fucking pacing in the Super manga yet and it just wasn't worth putting up with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Eh, we just have a title so far. Might as well talk about anything rather than pre-hate a story we know nothing about
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Mighty Member

Disrupted thanks to Beyond and the what did peter do storyline.
    In fairness even Spencer seemed to mostly forget he was in school half way through. He did have that project with the clairvoyant thing i guess, but that was the only sign.

Not a NORMAL job though. The problem with the Oscorp job is that Norman makes it a Spider-Man thing, and ASM needs to have a balance of both Peter stuff and Sipder-Man stuff. Right now there is no seperation.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It's one of the greatest redemption arcs of all time!
    And all because Krillan wanted to get in her pants.

Temporary status quos like that dont' really affect perception.

The thing is that, Gohan is meant to be a reliable narrator, plenty of times when DB characters open their mouths to spout their opinions, the characters are parroting something from Toriyama's mind, and considering Goku also thinks that Piccolo isn't that bad, yeah... Just bad writing on Toriyama's part.
    Eh, Goku's an idiot when it comes to these things. Or....I guess not, since Piccolo did turn good. I suppose it's a matter of perspective. Goku turns everybody until Freiza into good guys. Well, I guess besides Mercenary Tao and Master Crane. So the work is leaning hard on the intrinsic good of pepolee.

I mean that was just pragmatism, Raditz outclassed Piccolo and he was weaker than Nappa and Vegeta lol.
    I mean his initial appearance. But even working with Goku because of Raditz shows potential for him to be more than just evil. And this was of course after Goku beat him and spared him.

I mean, holding back doesn't mean he let Vegeta win, because he certainly didn't turn around and put a target on the back of his own head and wrote "Punch me" there lol.
    Vegeta certainly saw it as Goku letting him win.

That was when Bulma was also a teenager and a bigger dumbass, and Yamcha started as a thief but was practically harmless, he even helped to save everyone when Goku turned Oozaru.
    Does Bulma ever become less of a dumbass? Idiot Genius is like her thing.

Yeah, Parker Industries was more manageable before vol 5 lol.
    I could see him with a little lab for himself kinda like the one Otto has in the Insomniac game.

Chi Chi is overhated, but Toriyama doesn't do her any favors by writing her inconsistently.

If you only read the manga then you'll see her being a naggy mother at Cell saga, then she just, stops that after nagging one last when Goku comes back from Yardrat, she doesn't even treat Goten like she did Gohan, and even with Gohan herself she's tame.
    I actually got all the manga a little over a year ago but I have not yet read it. I hear there are some decent differences so I'm sure it'll be intersteing once I get there.

No, his beard grew though.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this.

CMON SLOTT. Ripping off Toriyama AND Kraven's Last Hunt? Do you just have a fetish for the late 80s? (I mean, i do, but still).

Honestly, Black is far more comparable with Otto than Ginyu lol.

Both even get weirdly overrated.
    Does anyone overrate Ginyu? Black is maybe more comparable to latter Superior, when he's dimensionally displaced or something. Ginyu has all the contrived mind swapping that Dying Wish does.