Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Name a DC hero with limited powers and tweak their them

Make a DC hero with limited powers either stronger or more interesting by tweaking their powers.

I don’t know if I’d want it to be permanent, but a version of Ray Palmer w. density control (ala Marvel’s Vision), who could shrink to subatomic AND grow to giant size, was a human fusion reactor (ala Grant Emerson Damage) who could land megaton punches on opponents (ala Atom Smasher), and “split” into multiple versions of himself (ala Marvel’s Jamie Madrox) would be a powerset I’d like to see used by a guy who’s also a super genius.

Last edited by Riv86672; 06-05-2023 at 12:11 PM.

Green Arrow.

Let’s face it, his “power set” (being good with a bow and arrow, and being able to eat hot chilli) is feeble beyond belief.

I’d like there to be a cogent reason for using arrows…I’d give him telekinetic powers over wood.

I would love to see Hawk get a healing factor and become 'the Wolverine of the DC universe'. He's already a great character with a great attitude. He just needs a little bit of help.

Ultimate Member

Crimson Fox. Her pheromone powers had generally been limited to attracting men, but pheromones in nature serve all sorts of roles. There are pheromones for attraction, sure, but there are also dominance pheromones that make others more likely to respect and obey the user (good for pleasant interactions with local authorities), 'blending' or avoidance pheromones that make others more likely to overlook or ignore or dismiss as irrelevant the user (which would be handy for stealth operations), aggression pheromones that provoke the 'fight' reaction, other threat pheromones that stimulate the 'flight' or fear response, etc.

Crimson Fox could use her pheromones in many subtle ways to smooth over interactions, bypass some entirely, or turn enemies against each other, as well as to craft a terrifying Batman-level urban legend by instilling low-level anxiety in everyone around her, with the occasional 'blown kiss' of panic-inducing pheromones on low-level henches.

She doesn't need to be able to fly or throw a bus to be very, very *effective.*

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Bulletman & Bulletgirl: Their powers are basically just flight. I would have them be involved in an accident that turns them both into living metal giving them invulnerability, super-strength, and the ability to shoot bullet-like projectiles from their finger-tips.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Dream Girl

Physical contact - Induces sleep with just a touch.
    Close physical proximity - Target perceives they are in their most recent dream.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Dream Girl

Close physical proximity - Target perceives they are in their most recent dream.
    And this was a gift from Dream of the Endless

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Dream Girl

Dream Girl
    Learns to manifest a pink energy whip of precognitive energy that causes those she hits with it to have uncontrolled premonitions of many conflicting potential futures, overwhelming them with sensory overload (and, if they live a dangerous life, as many criminals do, possibly more than one vision of possible impending horrible deaths!). She calls this her 'Cassandra Coil, the focused totality of my precognitive power.'

She also dies her hair purple, for reasons...

Risk.

In addition to his enhanced strength, speed, agility and durability, his healing abilities are increased. He also develops a "spider sense" that warns him of approaching danger and borders on precognition.

Astonishing Member

Superman’s X Ray vision can’t see through lead. That’s a limitation. I know. Couldn’t help I’ll show myself out.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Risk.

In addition to his enhanced strength, speed, agility and durability, his healing abilities are increased. He also develops a "spider sense" that warns him of approaching danger and borders on precognition.
    Poor Risk. Borderline precognition might help him stay alive longer. He could be a really fun devil may care character somewhere between early Spider-Man and Nightwing if they would let him live long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Poor Risk. Borderline precognition might help him stay alive longer. He could be a really fun devil may care character somewhere between early Spider-Man and Nightwing if they would let him live long enough.
    Wait--are you saying Risk is dead now?????????

What about Toni, Isaiah, and Prizm????

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Wait--are you saying Risk is dead now?????????

What about Toni, Isaiah, and Prizm????
    Hot Spot returned in The Flash #791. Prism and Toni are still in limbo as far as I know.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hot Spot returned in The Flash #791. Prism and Toni are still in limbo as far as I know.
    Safest place for them. They are at the 'event fodder' tier of characters, who exist primarily showcase how badass the new threat-of-the-month (that we've never heard of before, and will never hear from again, once this event is over) is by having him brutally murder them.