Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The Firestar thing is irksome because she was already cured of that, way back when she was an Avenger for a hot minute. She mentioned it to Hank Pym, and he designed a new costume for her that would regulate her body's radiation whatchamawhoozi so that she wouldn't be harmed by it, which she thought was pretty cool, and then he mentioned that her body would adapt to this new regulation in 'a month or two' and then it would be a permanent thing her body did, and she wouldn't need the special costume anymore. She almost broke down and cried that he not only designed something to protect her, but that it would completely cure her (by essentially training her body to regulate her powers the way it should have from the start) in a couple of months.

And then, she went back to the X-franchise, and she's back to her powers giving her cancer? I do not get it. Was she not interesting enough without the 'my powers are killing me' angst, like Cyclops refusing to get his eyes/brain fixed? I mean Xavier finally abandoned that damn chair, and Rogue may even be able to touch Gambit this week (I have no idea...) so a character doesn't *have* to remain saddled with a curable affliction...
    Where was it stated that her powers are still killing her? I dont recall it being brought up again but Id like to check out where it has

Totally forgot she could do that. Love this idea. Easy development option to evolve (or de-volve) mutant powers. I love Sagw in her current X-Force role but wouldn’t mind seeing this explored more.

Mighty Member

I see it more as her analyzing seeing the flaw/evolution and being able to “fix” it or activate. Maybe similar the way Karnak can see the flaw or weak spot in anything.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I see it more as her analyzing seeing the flaw/evolution and being able to “fix” it or activate. Maybe similar the way Karnak can see the flaw or weak spot in anything.
    I believe that's how Claremont explained her "computer mind" powers in X-Treme, with them basically being a by-product of her main, gene-analysis/manipulation ones. Not a terrible explanation tbf.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    I'd like to see maybe a "corrective" aspect. Since we're talking about activating genes, maybe "tweak" it so the mutant can better manage it. Firestar's power doesn't give her cancer... Jubilee doesn't burn off her hair... Synch doesn't speed up his aging... Elixir can FREAKING GROW BACK KARMA'S LEG AND HELLION'S HANDS AND CURE CYKE'S BRAIN DAMAGE!
    Removing the genetic tampering Sinister did on Hope, Xavier, Exodus, and Emma also could fall under this

And then, she went back to the X-franchise, and she's back to her powers giving her cancer? I do not get it. Was she not interesting enough without the 'my powers are killing me' angst, like Cyclops refusing to get his eyes/brain fixed? I mean Xavier finally abandoned that damn chair, and Rogue may even be able to touch Gambit this week (I have no idea...) so a character doesn't *have* to remain saddled with a curable affliction...
    The problem with her original cure is that it wasn't designed by mutants.

You can't have humans solving your problems on Krakoa! That's the kind of thing that would be against the law if they had more than four laws.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The problem with her original cure is that it wasn't designed by mutants.

You can't have humans solving your problems on Krakoa! That's the kind of thing that would be against the law if they had more than four laws.
    True. I've been kind of waiting for Krakoan organic tech / Forge / Beast to come up with a 'mutant solution' to the need for so many mutants (Rahne, Mercury, Sunfire, etc.) to wear unstable molecule costumes given to Xavier by Reed Richards (to protect their clothes from their own shapeshifting / fire-generating / etc. powers so they don't have to be naked all the time, like Mystique), who is currently a mutant-hating creep they hate.

It seems far more a thing that Krakoa could do than those ridiculous gate-flowers (hey teleporters, y'all are redundant now!) or power-boost-fruits (go away, Khora / Cortez / Chance, we've got a pear that kicks you out of your niche).