Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263 LastLast

Ah, the perks of working behind the scenes is delineating the more embarrassing stuff to other people.

Sin is leaning into the goofy side well.

I have nothing against a woman enjoying a good amount of beefcake, but I feel like Barda wouldn't pay attention to any man that's not Scott. Unless she's just looking at that one guy who kind of sorta maybe looks like Scott?

I love Black Canary and bop in general, so supporting this book, but....

The jury is still out on this writer for me. Been up and down, a bit chopy.

I do however wish this title all the success in the world, and hope it goes on a very long run.

"Beefcake" as a word just hits me wrong.

Astonishing Member

Currently, Birds of Prey seems to have good sales. Birds of Prey #6 was position number 39 in ICv2 ranking for February.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-february-2024

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Birds of Prey #8 Preview
    Writer: Kelly Thompson
    Artist: Javier Pina

Diabolical

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The art was fantastic and I liked the banter during the fight...but the plot barely moved an inch forward. I just don't get why you'd pace a book like this.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The art was fantastic and I liked the banter during the fight...but the plot barely moved an inch forward. I just don't get why you'd pace a book like this.
    We see it all the time a 4 issue arc that light runs in the last part after stalling in part 2.

I really enjoyed this issue, reminded me of the OG series in some aspects. As Gail Simone says "sometimes it's ok to have some cheesecake." I love the way Barda and Cass are written.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I'm a bit behind, but having just finished the finale to the previous arc, it's funny how the Final Boss in this and "Fire & Ice" were so similar - especially in terms a young woman being possessed by some giant living flora where she's suspended 30 ft in the air while the heroes fight a bunch of vines (and mostly talk) leading to a compromise where the antagonist settles in to a new home and ceases hostilities.

It'll be interesting to see Sin's abilities get tested as we find out more about just how powerful she is. She's quite the powerhouse though and I have to wonder if they'll intentionally leave her out of Green Arrow-centered "family" events (Dinah is a recurring if not supporting character in that title) because she's in a different weight class.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm a bit behind, but having just finished the finale to the previous arc, it's funny how the Final Boss in this and "Fire & Ice" were so similar - especially in terms a young woman being possessed by some giant living flora where she's suspended 30 ft in the air while the heroes fight a bunch of vines (and mostly talk) leading to a compromise where the antagonist settles in to a new home and ceases hostilities.

It'll be interesting to see Sin's abilities get tested as we find out more about just how powerful she is. She's quite the powerhouse though and I have to wonder if they'll intentionally leave her out of Green Arrow-centered "family" events (Dinah is a recurring if not supporting character in that title) because she's in a different weight class.
    or her powers get forgotten in that book the way dukes are in batman books

To be fair Signal's powers are pretty low level. He does still have to rely mostly on martial arts and weapons like the rest of the bats. There is one major thing that does get referenced - because he's stronger in daylight, he operates in the daytime when most of the rest of the family is either asleep or doing stuff in their civilian personas.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Is that Ivy on the cover or who is that? 🙃
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Davison View Post

Is that Ivy on the cover or who is that? ��
    No that’s sin

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No that’s sin
    Ah, got it. I haven't been reading this new run and I saw the green and got excited haha. Oh well. Thanks!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Those jungle outfits .