Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859606162 LastLast

Is this my new favorite series? No one is more surprised than me,
    But oh man was this great. And the dialogue between Babs
    And Dinah haven’t been this good since Gail was on the book. So pleasantly surprised how wrong I was bout this book.

And Frontline I will hear no complaints bout Batgirls. That was also excellent with solid characterization for all the ladies. Would love to see that reflected more.

This feels much more like a return to form for the book. Harley's gone, Babs is back in the saddle as Oracle setting stuff up, recruiting members, and dealing with problems the members are facing on several fronts. Even Sin/Meagarra feels like the occasional troubled yet superpowered teen girl the team would always take in.

And, honestly, having the team model lingerie on a catwalk is something Gail Simone probably would have written at some point. Because the ladies looked amazing (especially Barda).

Javier Pina should be on standby as the fill in for this book when Romero needs a break because not only do their art styles match so well but Pina's art is great on its own. Only complaint is Dinah's logo appearing and disappearing depending on the panel but that's been true for most books.

Future Maps is still weird to me but I like how they acknowledged Babs' history with her.

I'm glad the Cass and Barda team is continuing because it's awesome. I would read a book that's just the two of them together.

So Mari now runs her own company. Nice. Also it seems like she's officially the Wasp of the DCU where she's rich, has a casual clothing line that people wear, and she loves dressing her friends up.

Of course a professional model Superhero would deal with clothes making people commit crimes. Although wouldn't Mari be recognizable enough that the security she beat up could've reported her for the robbery?

Babs in coveralls and a ponytail!

I take it for granted the Free's are probably loaded because of all the shows Scott does.

Ah, the old "wears a revealing Superhero costume but takes issue with walking out in their underwear in public" chestnut.

Extraordinary Member

Is Cass 18 now? She must be since they keep harping on Sin being a minor. Steph must be 19.
    Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is Cass 18 now? She must be since they keep harping on Sin being a minor. Steph must be 19.
    Good to know
    I think Cloonrad for Batgirls had them in mind as circ 15-16.

Extraordinary Member

Good to know
    If we go by pre Flashpoint ages, Sin being 16 would put Cass in her early to mid 20s (I'm not entirely sure how old Sin was when she was introduced but Cass was allready 18 back than).

Ages seems at the moment in general what ever the writers wants to go with. I think Batgirls still had Cass as Steph as Teens (Steph was dating Mia's Brother Kyle who would have been roughly 17 at that time), but the current issue of Birds of prey pretty strongly implies that she is adult since they don't let Sin due to her age but have no problem with Cass doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’m really glad Thompson is writing her as older than that. She should be in her early 20s already.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m really glad Thompson is writing her as older than that. She should be in her early 20s already.
    With all of the continuity resets DC has had over the last decade maybe she isn't?

Amazing Member

Well, Sin went from being like 10 to 16, so anything is possible.

DC really hates writing kids, it seems. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PUGSSSS001 View Post

And people think I’m crazy that baby Andy is Proably gonna be 13 in a year or two

And people think I’m crazy that baby Andy is Proably gonna be 13 in a year or two
    I don't think you're crazy thinking that. I just don't want it to happen. At all. It's bad enough that there isn't an Aquaman book right now and that DC wants to turn Black Manta into an anti-hero. Let Arthur and Mera raise their daughter as normal as possible. Not every single child in comics need to be aged up and made into a super hero. That last line is aimed at the powers-that-be at DC, not you Rac7d.

Alternatively kids are hard to write around at times which is usually why they get aged up.

That's a fair point. If she was 10 in her last appearance in 2011 (not really sure), she should be like 13 now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Is this my new favorite series? No one is more surprised than me,
    But oh man was this great. And the dialogue between Babs
    And Dinah haven’t been this good since Gail was on the book. So pleasantly surprised how wrong I was bout this book.

And Frontline I will hear no complaints bout Batgirls. That was also excellent with solid characterization for all the ladies. Would love to see that reflected more.
    Batgirls felt like it dumbed down them especially Steph and didn't really give them much in development individually (again especially Steph)

Great issue however the chromatic aberration is good with Romero's arts but I think it spoil Pina's.