Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Yeah, I guess Blue Bird make sense. But damn that would suck for me. Not a big fan of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Thompson gave a shoutout to editor Ben Abernathy on her Substack, and isn't he the Batman group editor? So at the very least, it's under the Bat-umbrella at DC.
    She did say the new BoP HQ is in Gotham.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I feel like the two red hearts are almost guaranteed to by Barbara as Oracle and Harley.

Blue heart is throwing me off. Having a tough time thinking of a female "street level" character that wears blue.

Maybe Gotham Girl?
    I think Barbara as Oracle will likely be a green heart. Honestly, I really doubt Barbara will be part of this BoP comic.

My dream BoP lineup

Barbara Gordon
    Black Canary
    Cassandra Cain
    Stephanie Brown
    Harper Row

I say that because I'd like Harper to actually be in a story that doesn't make her look like an idiot for the sake of building up the invincible Punchline.

If they didn't do Harper, I'd be happy if Alysia was a part of it.
    Last edited by Majesty; 06-06-2023 at 08:24 PM.

They will need more than Black Canary and Cass to sell the book. I guess Harley really might end up being part of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do DC know bats aren’t birds? Lol
    "Birds" doesn't have to mean feathered flying creatures.

It can also mean a young woman.

Random line ups for BoP haven't stuck and not memorable. I feel like you need the core 3 and then build upon that to make a solid line up. Harley in BoP doesn't work so will be strange if they attempt it again.

Cass could work though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Yeah, I guess Blue Bird make sense. But damn that would suck for me. Not a big fan of her.
    When she was introduced I had always though the plan was to do a new BOP with Cass Steph and Harper

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm happy for Cass, but this most likely means no Babs. I guess she is stuck as Dick's girlfriend for the time being.
    …. As if she hasn’t been working as Oracle and Batgirl for the last 4 years in Books like Batman, Joker Deathstroke

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, Huntress was originally white and Italian. She was only turn into a POC after New52.

Katana and Lady weren't regular members.
    Huntress is still Italian. They only made her skin darker in order to make her different from Helena Wayne who was brought in the main continuity during the earlier part of the New 52. Now I think they returned her to her pre-52 original apperance ( white skin but a new design ex. Her apperances in the current Nightwing comics).
    Last edited by Veni; 06-06-2023 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When she was introduced I had always though the plan was to do a new BOP with Cass Steph and Harper
    I remember the tail end of pre-Rebirth Batgirl it seemed like they were setting her up with a whole collection of female heroes ala BoP that included all three of them (and Black Canary and Vixen).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Really? I thought the Black Label book was well received.
    Was it, I think I heard some negative stuff about it.

I remember it being basically "Harley and the Birds" cause its Harley doing stuff and running around the Birds who look like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Really? I thought the Black Label book was well received.
    It was not. It was actually cancelled prior to even coming out and they dumped the first two issues into a larger size special.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    It was not. It was actually cancelled prior to even coming out and they dumped the first two issues into a larger size special.
    Was that the one by Brian Azzarello or the Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey one by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Was that the one by Brian Azzarello or the Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey one by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner?
    I think that was the Azzarello one. The Palmiotti/Conner one didn’t fair much better though. Both came and went like farts in the wind.