Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
    Astonishing Member

I don't think DC knows what they want Babs to be. They have a Batwoman, but Babs is more Batwoman than Kate, IMHO. Babs is part of the family, Kate is mostly an outsider (figuratively and now literally). They were trying to push Babs as a younger character again to attract a young female audience, but I think they wisely gave up on that -- especially since the other Batgirls can take that role. I'm glad she's back in BOP, but I think a solid take on Barbara Gordon: Batgirl could still make for a good series.

I hope Thompson uses her well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Thompson uses her well.
    I'm not too worried, but I hope the story ultimately moves away from framing her as some type of victim. I don't want the whole book to be about them needing to save Babs, when Babs should be able to protect herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm not too worried, but I hope the story ultimately moves away from framing her as some type of victim. I don't want the whole book to be about them needing to save Babs, when Babs should be able to protect herself.
    And hopefully the whole "save Babs" thing is thought out better than "free Sin" plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've been mis-managing the Batgirl brand for years and dragging Babs' character all over the place. I just don't think they know what to really do with her right now other than have her play support.
    Call me weird, but I did really like the group dynamic in the Batgirls series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I know people enjoyed it, I love the dynamic with the girls as well, but the overall book just didn't seem to light up the sales chart.

Solo or in a group, Batgirl just seems like a hard sell these days.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I actually loved it too and that weird art had a ton of energy too it that I grew on me very quickly. I knew the book wouldn't last but I enjoyed every issue.

Extraordinary Member

Birds of Prey #7 Preview
    Writer: Kelly Thompson
    Artist: Javier Pina