Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I don't think DC knows what they want Babs to be. They have a Batwoman, but Babs is more Batwoman than Kate, IMHO. Babs is part of the family, Kate is mostly an outsider (figuratively and now literally). They were trying to push Babs as a younger character again to attract a young female audience, but I think they wisely gave up on that -- especially since the other Batgirls can take that role. I'm glad she's back in BOP, but I think a solid take on Barbara Gordon: Batgirl could still make for a good series.

I hope Thompson uses her well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Thompson uses her well.
    I'm not too worried, but I hope the story ultimately moves away from framing her as some type of victim. I don't want the whole book to be about them needing to save Babs, when Babs should be able to protect herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm not too worried, but I hope the story ultimately moves away from framing her as some type of victim. I don't want the whole book to be about them needing to save Babs, when Babs should be able to protect herself.
    And hopefully the whole "save Babs" thing is thought out better than "free Sin" plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've been mis-managing the Batgirl brand for years and dragging Babs' character all over the place. I just don't think they know what to really do with her right now other than have her play support.
    Call me weird, but I did really like the group dynamic in the Batgirls series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I know people enjoyed it, I love the dynamic with the girls as well, but the overall book just didn't seem to light up the sales chart.

Solo or in a group, Batgirl just seems like a hard sell these days.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I actually loved it too and that weird art had a ton of energy too it that I grew on me very quickly. I knew the book wouldn't last but I enjoyed every issue.

Extraordinary Member

Birds of Prey #7 Preview
    Writer: Kelly Thompson
    Artist: Javier Pina

Amazing Member

Art looks amazing (even if Dinah's outfit changes panel to panel, lol). Hope Meridian is not part of the team after this arc, though. Would rather someone with a higher profile (Bumblebee, maybe?).

Keep forgetting the bird logo and the fishnets .

Future Maps is weird but it's nice to see them acknowledge Babs' history with her.

The art looks great and isn’t such a huge departure from Romero. Much better fit than the last fill-in artist.
    I don’t get why Javier Pina isn’t a regular in any book AFAIK.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The art looks great and isn’t such a huge departure from Romero. Much better fit than the last fill-in artist.
    His work is quite excellent, but he does only appear to be doing fill-ins of late.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Agreed.

They should have him just do this arc and allow Romero a head start on the next one. We shouldnt be getting fill-ins (in general) on every arc of a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Agreed.

They should have him just do this arc and allow Romero a head start on the next one. We shouldnt be getting fill-ins (in general) on every arc of a book.
    It would be nice to have less fill-ins in general...

Lovely issue. Thompson excels at character interactions and the art is perfect. I really hope Pina is doing the whole arc and that he continues to alternate with Romero.
    Oh and Vixen is the perfect addition to this team. I love how she has her own important projects and seems to have a large impact on the world even though DC rarely feature her. I’m not sure if MJM is new or not, but I welcome it.
    The one thing I didn’t quite understand is how the heck does spoilers:
    the Green and the Red help with time travel? I don’t get the connection at all. I hope it’s properly explained as its seems weird even for comic book logic
    end of spoilers.