Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Sweet, while I'd always hope for it to primarily be Babs and Dinah as the core members I'll give any iteration a chance.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Can't wait.
    Hoping for Babs as Oracle, Helena Bertinelli and Starling.
    But it sounds like the team may have 5 members if there's going to be one announcement every day until Friday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If she sits in her chair and puts on her glasses she is Oracle. Oracle works remotely. We have seen black canary do mission with Babs on intercom already I assume Babs is locked
    The issue is Barbara/Oracle would be revealed along Dina if she was in the team. Also, they mentioned this is a new team.

I guess it's still possible they reveal Barbara at last as a surprise, but I don't have much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, why is this in the Bat forum when the only confirmed cast member is Black Canary, a member of the Arrow family? We don't know that Babs, Helena or Harley are in this yet, and even if they are, this is no more a bat book than Teen Titans is.
    I think that BoP was always under Batman's office?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that BoP was always under Batman's office?
    The Birds of Prey brand seems to be under Batman's office. At the start of New52, the only "Bat character" in the team was Poison Ivy.

Bird of Prey being considered a Bat book more than Titans is a somewhat arbitrary.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-06-2023 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The Birds of Prey brand seems to be under Batman's office. At the start of New52, the only "Bat character" in the team was Poison Ivy.

Bird of Prey being considered a Bat book more than Titans is a somewhat arbitrary.
    I hope the team doesn't operate in Gotham and doesn't have more than one Bat-character. I'll make an exception for Helena/Babs, but I like my teams independent.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

It started in the Bat-Office, though, as a vehicle to use Oracle/Babs and pair her with other heroic women. As such it has been under it's banner from the start. Teen Titans never was.

Whether that's appropriate now is another story, but it's there (and here) because historically it was always under the Bat-Office's supervision.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

I wonder if anyone will ever acknowledge the Birds of Prey story from Urban Legends, with Lady Shiva, Katana, Ghost, and Miracle Molly.

I know it wasn't exactly well received, but it left it pretty open-ended for continuation.

Extraordinary Member

Because I am too lazy and do not know enough about DC history, I am going to guess that this team is made up of characters from the Green Arrow #1 wraparound cover. That is also because I am optimistic, or naive to think, that this will not be another Gotham book and will build up another corner of the DCU.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

God, if Harley, Punchline and/or Catwoman make the team, I'll be bitter as hell.

Also, didn't New 52 retcon Lady Blackhawk as being the current Hawkgirl?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Because I am too lazy and do not know enough about DC history, I am going to guess that this team is made up of characters from the Green Arrow #1 wraparound cover. That is also because I am optimistic, or naive to think, that this will not be another Gotham book and will build up another corner of the DCU.
    Hard to say, after all Infinite Frontier and Dawn of DC seem to make it pretty clear that the original 90’s Birds of Prey is back in continuity play/called upon. Of course they also referenced New 52 Team 7 for Dinah so who the heck knows what exactly is in store for us here.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-06-2023 at 07:05 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    God, if Harley, Punchline and/or Catwoman make the team, I'll be bitter as hell.
    New fear unlocked.

I've pretty much resigned myself to Harley being on the team, and I'm not holding out any hope that anyone at DC even remembers Starling. If Huntress isn't on the team then I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The fishnets have got to go. In this day and age and with the kind of character Diana is they serve no purpose other than nostalgia. Just put her back in pants. It looks better and makes more sense character wise.

Nostalgia for nostalgia sake is never good in the long run.
    Every time they try to take fishnets away from Black Canary and Zatanna they always come back. It's just part of the characters' look/costume identity and has been for decades. Is it even really nostalgia at that point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Must feel confident enough to give it a shot as an ongoing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Sort of. It looks like the coloring of the gloves and blue area down the middle of the top are new tweakings to the suit. I probably shouldn't have said "new" but maybe "remixed".

The choker is also new.

Also, didn't New 52 retcon Lady Blackhawk as being the current Hawkgirl?
    I don't think they so much retconned it as Kendra was just using the Lady Blackhawk codename.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I would love if Barbara would be in this..it just doesn’t seem likely in my opinion…unless she’s oracle.
    She operates as both Oracle and Batgirl at this point. I don't see any reason she can't be Oracle in the new BoP series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I wonder if anyone will ever acknowledge the Birds of Prey story from Urban Legends, with Lady Shiva, Katana, Ghost, and Miracle Molly.
    Lord, I hope not.

Don't forget, Selina was involved with the Birds early on.