Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah have a Supergirl woman of tomorrow type book, but with Courtney becoming Starwoman.
    Doesn't Courtney's baby sister eventually become Starwoman?

Yeah - logically she's Court's successor.

Here's an idea for a new Starman - what about giving Mike Dugan the same powers as his adopted sister? If she's aged up to her 20s like she really should be (they don't even need to physically change her appearance - the ending of Lost Children would've physically reverted her to 16) then Mike would also be older - he'd now be old enough to become a superhero himself.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Here's an idea for a new Starman - what about giving Mike Dugan the same powers as his adopted sister? If she's aged up to her 20s like she really should be (they don't even need to physically change her appearance - the ending of Lost Children would've physically reverted her to 16) then Mike would also be older - he'd now be old enough to become a superhero himself.
    But since he's the son of Stripesy, wouldn't Mike logically become the next Star-Spangled Kid first?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Isn't Mikel being used in Danger Street, right now?

But sure, I'm all for a new Starman series. But good bloody luck coming close to the quality of Robinson's series. That series was so freaking good that no one has even tried to emulate it... unfortunately.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd love a kitschy, pulp sci-fi book starring Ted Knight sort of in the vein of Sandman Mystery Theatre.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'd love a kitschy, pulp sci-fi book starring Ted Knight sort of in the vein of Sandman Mystery Theatre.
    That could be really cool. Like maybe he had a bunch of secret sc-fi/space adventures in the 50's/60's. Maybe he even teamed up with Adam Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I loved Will Payton’s series when Roger Stern wrote it. Wasn’t a fan of Len Strazewski’s run and Eclipso’s involvement in Will’s origin. Also didn’t like the Will is Gavyn retcon in Jack Knight’s series.
    Yeah, I didn't care for Will being Gavyn either.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm all for having a book really have fun with that old-school sci-fi vibe starring Ted. And I'm also in the camp of seeing Stargirl as the current holder of the legacy so I don't need to see a new Starman.

I think you can introduce a new Starman and not have to make it part of the legacy. I realize so many fans are obsessed with legacy and tying it all together somehow, but I'd argue that can also be limiting. So I say create a brand new Starman, one who doesn't invalidate Courtney's current claim to the Ted Knight/Jack Knight mantle. You could even have her show up to investigate and acknowledge this is someone doing their own thing, not trying to build on the Knight name.

At the same time, I'd be down for a 1950s-set Ted Knight sci-fi series, especially if it embraces the vibe of sci-fi films of the time (through a modern storytelling lens, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I think you can introduce a new Starman and not have to make it part of the legacy. I realize so many fans are obsessed with legacy and tying it all together somehow, but I'd argue that can also be limiting. So I say create a brand new Starman, one who doesn't invalidate Courtney's current claim to the Ted Knight/Jack Knight mantle. You could even have her show up to investigate and acknowledge this is someone doing their own thing, not trying to build on the Knight name.
    That was Will Payton and then, after a few years of not being used, was brought back by Robinson and linked to the Knight Family.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I don’t get why they would age her and keep her looking like a teenager. It would be kind of creepy if she had the mind of a young adult and the body of a minor. Would be a mess for romantic storylines.
    Plus it’s not like her being in her early twenties would be such a big visual departure anyway.

That was Will Payton and then, after a few years of not being used, was brought back by Robinson and linked to the Knight Family.
    Sure, but that was also some 30 years ago. And Robinson loves his DC minutiae (as do I, which is why he's one of my favorite writers). It's high past time that a new Starman could be introduced, without ties to previous incarnations, and have it stick.

Wasn't Will brought back in "Metal?" What happened to him there?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Wasn't Will brought back in "Metal?" What happened to him there?
    Not much; Lex Luthor dragged him outta time as his power was connected to the Totality (somehow). And outside of helping the Hawks on Thanagar, and befriending Shayne J'onzz, I can barely remember him mounting up to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Sure, but that was also some 30 years ago. And Robinson loves his DC minutiae (as do I, which is why he's one of my favorite writers). It's high past time that a new Starman could be introduced, without ties to previous incarnations, and have it stick.
    I’m all for a new Starman without any links
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka