Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Or we could just bring Jack Knight out of retirement and do something with him

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I think you have to have James Robinson involved to do that . . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think you have to have James Robinson involved to do that . . .
    That has never been proven though

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

No. Jack retired to raise his kids and doesn't need to come back. His story as a hero is over. Nothing they could do with him would be worth ruining his happy ending.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Unfortunately I might be that one guy coming here to say he'd like to see more of the Will Payton version of Starman.
    Well, he DID have the best costume of them all.....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    No. Jack retired to raise his kids and doesn't need to come back. His story as a hero is over. Nothing they could do with him would be worth ruining his happy ending.
    His story as a hero is over For Now. Its been 20 years, someone's bound to bring him out of retirement at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I agree that Will had the best costume not counting LoSH's Starboy by Cockrum. Whatever happened to him after his appearance in JLA? And if and when he should show up next, what color should his hair be: black, his natural brown, or white?

His story as a hero is over For Now. Its been 20 years, someone's bound to bring him out of retirement at some point.
    There is no need. Plus honestly I don't trust any of the current DC writers not to screw it all up. They would probably bull some "a villain killed my kids and I'm out for revenge" bullshit. Jack is retired and should stay that way. Like he even said in his own book "Some heroes are in it for life while others aren't". To him taking care of his family is more important than being a superhero.

BANNED

There is no need. Plus honestly I don't trust any of the current DC writers not to screw it all up. They would probably bull some "a villain killed my kids and I'm out for revenge" bullshit. Jack is retired and should stay that way. Like he even said in his own book "Some heroes are in it for life while others aren't". To him taking care of his family is more important than being a superhero.
    There was no need for Jack Knight to exist as a character. Most readers don't even know who Jack Knight is anyway. Why not bring him back as a way to get introduce him to a new generation of readers?

There was no need for Jack Knight to exist as a character. Most readers don't even know who Jack Knight is anyway. Why not bring him back as a way to get introduce him to a new generation of readers?
    Why? If most readers don't know who he is then just introduce a new Starman and leave the old one alone. Dude I can tell you that you are in the minority on this one as most fans of Jack Knight character DON"T want him back. His story had a beginning a middle and an end which is very very rare in comics, and most fans don't wan that messed with.

BANNED

Why? If most readers don't know who he is then just introduce a new Starman and leave the old one alone. Dude I can tell you that you are in the minority on this one as most fans of Jack Knight character DON"T want him back. His story had a beginning a middle and an end which is very very rare in comics, and most fans don't wan that messed with.
    It ended 20 years ago, and with all the crisises and stuff. Its fine at this point to dust him off and do something new with him.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Are you thinking of the yellow/purple one or the red/black one?

Either way, my fav Starman costume is Ted's - I love me a good fin helmet

I'm always down for a Starman...if that Starman is a Knight. Not big on the alien Starmans. Got nothing against them personally, but I don't like them using the mantle. I think Starman is at its best when it's primarily a metaphor for human ingenuity/power of science and secondly the story of one really big, influential and messed up family. The Knight family is DC's Kennedys, why is that not being explored more?

Courtney is great too. She's not a Knight but I feel like she's close enough (friend of the family, in a way?), and she honors the history so I'm perfectly happy with her. Wish she got more page time actually. Why doesn't this girl have a solo? I know DC and Robinson have/had a gentleman's agreement to leave Jack alone, do they have a similar agreement with Johns?

So I'll happily take a brand new Starman (provided he's family), or Courtney finally getting some attention, or even Jack coming out of retirement (more on that in a sec). I'm really hopeful that we'll get a Ted Knight mini like we're seeing for Jay, Alan, and Wesley Dodds. Hell, I'd read about the Starman of DC 1 Million, or even Jack's brother David who was Starman for approximately five seconds before getting killed. Love the franchise, love the Knights, I'm down for whatever.

Bonus points if the book also remembers that the Knight family also includes some Ladies Phantom, and those women have accomplished just as much as the men in the family.

Regarding Jack. I'm one of those fans who don't want him back. If DC offered it and Robinson signed off on it and they actually had something to say, then I'd give it a shot obviously...but Jack's story is told, and I'm good with that. And I suspect that any new story with Jack wouldn't live up to the love I have for the original. I think Jack falls into the trap Young Justice did, where nostalgia is the bait and nobody's walking away happy.

....if someone had a pitch for Jack's son however.....
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-07-2023 at 12:28 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

As far as Starman goes; Ted, Jack and Thorn are in good hands (you can thank Justice Society and Legion of Super-Heroes for that).

I just want to see expansion on Mikaal and Gravyn; such underrated characters

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm always down for a Starman...if that Starman is a Knight. Not big on the alien Starmans. Got nothing against them personally, but I don't like them using the mantle. I think Starman is at its best when it's primarily a metaphor for human ingenuity/power of science and secondly the story of one really big, influential and messed up family. The Knight family is DC's Kennedys, why is that not being explored more?

Courtney is great too. She's not a Knight but I feel like she's close enough (friend of the family, in a way?), and she honors the history so I'm perfectly happy with her. Wish she got more page time actually. Why doesn't this girl have a solo? I know DC and Robinson have/had a gentleman's agreement to leave Jack alone, do they have a similar agreement with Johns?

So I'll happily take a brand new Starman (provided he's family), or Courtney finally getting some attention, or even Jack coming out of retirement (more on that in a sec). I'm really hopeful that we'll get a Ted Knight mini like we're seeing for Jay, Alan, and Wesley Dodds. Hell, I'd read about the Starman of DC 1 Million, or even Jack's brother David who was Starman for approximately five seconds before getting killed. Love the franchise, love the Knights, I'm down for whatever.

Bonus points if the book also remembers that the Knight family also includes some Ladies Phantom, and those women have accomplished just as much as the men in the family.

Regarding Jack. I'm one of those fans who don't want him back. If DC offered it and Robinson signed off on it and they actually had something to say, then I'd give it a shot obviously...but Jack's story is told, and I'm good with that. And I suspect that any new story with Jack wouldn't live up to the love I have for the original. I think Jack falls into the trap Young Justice did, where nostalgia is the bait and nobody's walking away happy.

....if someone had a pitch for Jack's son however.....
    Was that ever actaully proven though?