Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Johns made Jack's son as one of the members of Helena's JSA team. So if they need a new Starman, he would be up for the task.
    But in present day he can’t be more than 5 years old.
    Plus in the future he took after his mom as far as powers go. He was the new Mist.

Though I will grant you, Johns didn’t put him in the future team for no reason.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Jack Knight should stay retired from heroics unless it's a time's past tale.
    As is, Stargirl should be the one to uphold that mantle and I would love to see her get a new series (it's time she got a bit of a redesign as well....the shorts and crop top gotta go.)
    HOWEVER if a StarMAN series is needed then I would absolutely be up for a Will Payton/Prince Gavyn run or even a Mikaal Tomas run. I did love the Starman/Congorilla buddy pairing that was set up in Justice League for a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Plus in the future he took after his mom as far as powers go. He was the new Mist.

Maybe the plan is to put Kyle Knight in a team of younger heros or something

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^The gentleman’s agreement I’m thinking.
    Oh I have no idea if it's true. I've heard it from a few sources of various validity over the years but >shrug< who knows? And even if it's legit that doesn't mean it's binding or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Very cool!
    I didn’t even know Phantom Lady was in the mix.
    It's a hell of a family. Someone posted a family tree once, and you had....gods I don't even remember....two senators and a President that I'm sure of. Think there was a well known doctor too, at least? Plus Ted, world-renowned scientist and the guy who (according to history) solves the energy crisis (JSA founder on top of it). Sandra, who was a super high ranking government agent/hero posing as a famous socialite and later, headmistress of a Red Room style spy school. Stormy was a big-name actress and high ranking government agent/hero/graduate from that same school.

And the Knights even have some Kennedy style scandals too. Sandra had a child out of wedlock (which gave us Kate Spencer), Ted had a brief affair during the war as I recall (?), Stormy was a hot mess in every way, even David's death (such a young age, such a shame!) was probably worth a news cycle. President Knight was assassinated by Apokolips and replaced with an evil android.

They make the Waynes look positively provincial. Family reunions must be wild.

Actually....?

Jon Kent should be twelve now, if Damian is fourteen. There probably isn't much more than two years between the births of Jon and Jack's son (the hell is that kid's name?). He could be as much as ten by now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As a big-time fan of Jack Knight, I would love to see Courtney aged up to her early 20s and becoming Starwoman. I wouldn't mind callbacks to previous Starmen, and/or setup for future Starmen; heck, I wouldn't even mind her traveling to Helena's backstory to meet Kyle Knight.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I'd prefer him as an adult and as the MIST but Kyle being the next Star Spangled kid is fine. If anything he could be Courtney's new sidekick.

I don't mind a new Starman disconnected from the Knight family but I don't think Starman is a big enough IP to risk it on.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-08-2023 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's a hell of a family. Someone posted a family tree once, and you had....gods I don't even remember....two senators and a President that I'm sure of. Think there was a well known doctor too, at least? Plus Ted, world-renowned scientist and the guy who (according to history) solves the energy crisis (JSA founder on top of it). Sandra, who was a super high ranking government agent/hero posing as a famous socialite and later, headmistress of a Red Room style spy school. Stormy was a big-name actress and high ranking government agent/hero/graduate from that same school.

And the Knights even have some Kennedy style scandals too. Sandra had a child out of wedlock (which gave us Kate Spencer), Ted had a brief affair during the war as I recall (?), Stormy was a hot mess in every way, even David's death (such a young age, such a shame!) was probably worth a news cycle. President Knight was assassinated by Apokolips and replaced with an evil android.

They make the Waynes look positively provincial. Family reunions must be wild.
    ^^^Wow, that’s crazy!!!

Someone really needs to do a “biography” GN or Maxi series on the families. There’s so much material to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    . . . Plus Ted, world-renowned scientist and the guy who (according to history) solves the energy crisis (JSA founder on top of it). ..
    In what reality was he a "JSA founder"?

Member, yes, but he wasn't one of the original members. He wound up replacing Hourman (Rex Tyler) when he left the team.

Extraordinary Member

You guys made me realize, Kyle actually should be older.
    By now, should be the same age Mike Dugan was in Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. in 1999.

So he could be a candidate for Young Justice Society even though he’d be the youngest.

“Win their spurs”. Wow, that is old timey as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    In what reality was he a "JSA founder"?

Member, yes, but he wasn't one of the original members. He wound up replacing Hourman (Rex Tyler) when he left the team.
    Damn, that cover is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damn, that cover is amazing.
    ^^^As a kid, Hawkman’s oddly drawn headgear always freaked me out!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don’t get why they would age her and keep her looking like a teenager. It would be kind of creepy if she had the mind of a young adult and the body of a minor. Would be a mess for romantic storylines.
    Plus it’s not like her being in her early twenties would be such a big visual departure anyway.
    She's had such a messy storyline before actually - with Captain Marvel. He's a kid but looks like an adult in his powered form, so the older JSA members thought he was too old for her, when in fact they were the same age.

She needs aging for continuity reasons, but I think Johns doesn't want to make her older as she's inspired by his sister who died young.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I also like the idea of having Sylvester Pemberton as a patriotic Captain America type hero and calling himself Starman like on the tv show.
    You know, that would work. Could say he got resurrected the same way Beth and Yolanda did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's had such a messy storyline before actually - with Captain Marvel. He's a kid but looks like an adult in his powered form, so the older JSA members thought he was too old for her, when in fact they were the same age.

She needs aging for continuity reasons, but I think Johns doesn't want to make her older as she's inspired by his sister who died young.
    I think the explanation is simpler: DC doesn't like to age it's teen heroes. I'm thinking in particular of Courtney's contemporaries, Young Justice.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I think the explanation is simpler: DC doesn't like to age it's teen heroes. I'm thinking in particular of Courtney's contemporaries, Young Justice.
    Shouldn’t Courtney’s baby sister be older now?