View Poll Results: Which is best?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

12 52.17%
  • Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

11 47.83%
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse or Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse?

Thought it be interesting to see which the CBR Forum prefers. I still prefer Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. I liked how smaller and self contained Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is. I liked the smaller cast as well. What works against Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is ending on a cliffhanger waiting for how it's resolved in Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is in my top five comic book films of all time while Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse in the 6-15 range. Here's hoping Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse sticks the landing.

Spectacular Member

Into for me by far

Beyond doesnt hold up on its own as a complete movie in my opinion (or perhaps they just showed too much in the trailers)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    Into for me by far

Beyond doesnt hold up on its own as a complete movie in my opinion (or perhaps they just showed too much in the trailers)
    Thanks. Just added a poll. Thank you to Kevinroc for the help.

Mighty Member

The highs of Across are better. Gwen's section, Miles' solo section, the moment when Peter goes back home. Alll of those are better than anything Into laid down.

But Into is a complete story with a lot of great moments itself, and Across is just a part one. So I voted Into.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

This is hard for me. They both have a lot of great moments and I love both movies dearly but I gotta give it to ITSV...for now, that might change once I have seen Beyond.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Interesting seeing a tie with three votes for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and three for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse didn't have an instant classic scene like the Leap of Faith from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse didn't have an instant classic scene like the Leap of Faith from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
    thats true, but Across had more iconic Spider-Man defining scenes than the first. That Gwen Prelude sequence, including the battle in the museum to the scene with her dad was one of the best things across both movies for me. Still, due to Across having left too much threads untied and climaxing too soon before the actual movie end it left too steep a cliffhanger to the point it didn't feel good when it concluded.

So by that motive i give it to ITSV due to it being a complete and fulfilling experience. When BTSV comes out i might review them as a single big-ass cinematic experience and become less critical of this aspect. Even infinity war was more forgiving, having the movie at least end right after the climax, as to not hike up expectations too much beyond the final hook.

Fantastic Member

A personal favorite scene from ATSV(not spoiler) was a really brief scene when Miles is going up the stairs while changing into his civilian clothes. It was such a nothing/transitional scene but it was done and animated so well, it really encapsulated what spider-man is to me lol

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd say Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is in almost every way a better movie, dealing with greater and more complex thoughts, ideas and emotions, and being even more visually impressive and varied.

However, it's only half of a story. It's really hard to consider half a story better than something complete.

Also, it's very immediate and I've only seen it once where as I've seen Into the Spider-Verse a dozen times and it never gets old.

I really hope Beyond the Spider-Verse nails the landing. If so, it'll be a phenomenal trilogy.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    thats true, but Across had more iconic Spider-Man defining scenes than the first. That Gwen Prelude sequence, including the battle in the museum to the scene with her dad was one of the best things across both movies for me. Still, due to Across having left too much threads untied and climaxing too soon before the actual movie end it left too steep a cliffhanger to the point it didn't feel good when it concluded.

So by that motive i give it to ITSV due to it being a complete and fulfilling experience. When BTSV comes out i might review them as a single big-ass cinematic experience and become less critical of this aspect. Even infinity war was more forgiving, having the movie at least end right after the climax, as to not hike up expectations too much beyond the final hook.
    exactly how I feel, as a single movie it doesnt work imo, infinity war at least stands on its own

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'd say Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is in almost every way a better movie, dealing with greater and more complex thoughts, ideas and emotions, and being even more visually impressive and varied.

However, it's only half of a story. It's really hard to consider half a story better than something complete.

Also, it's very immediate and I've only seen it once where as I've seen Into the Spider-Verse a dozen times and it never gets old.

I really hope Beyond the Spider-Verse nails the landing. If so, it'll be a phenomenal trilogy.
    This is close to how I feel. Although I've only seen Into a few times instead of a dozen times, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post

I'd agree with all that. That prologue with Spider-Gwen was great. Agree with you and scarletspider Avengers: Infinity War stands up on its own unlike Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. I don't see myself returning to it as I do Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse or Avengers: Infinity War.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 06-07-2023 at 07:27 AM.