Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Thanks, but... Where exactly says the Green Goblin is going to be involved? Honestly, it can be refering to something else that happened on those issues.
    Those issues primarily dealt with Norman being cleansed and Harry being revealed as Kindred. I suppose it could be referring to Peter dealing with being killed multiple times or ... I've got nothing else. I can't figure a way it's not an Osborn thing, and that usually means GG. Skepticism is fine, and I could be wrong, but Last Rites didn't exactly have a bunch of plot development in it
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

I’m honestly tired of seeing Norma’s as the Goblin. And as much as I disliked that the Harry we saw and known the past decade was revealed to be not the real Harry, I’d settle for the real Harry being revived as the Goblin. Norman has been “redeemed” and I think that was due to his character being sympathetic due to the return of him in “No Way Home”.

But honestly, I’m tired of the Goblin, and in a smaller way, Dr. Ock, being the baddies that have ruled the majority of Peter’s villian acts the larger part of the last decade.

But it is what it is. I’m not buying a Spidy book ever again until they do Ben Reilly right, so it is what it is.

It would be cool to see a resurrected Harry come back and go insane after seeing Norman living happy and some what normal after everything Norman put him through and did to him. He becomes The Green Goblin to get his revenge.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    No problem! Personally, I'd like to see another Harry story (AI Harry, resurrected Harry, new clone Harry, dealer's choice), but I'm sure the Gold Goblin mini, Normie and Liz getting symbiotes, Norman naming Peter his heir, etc., is all leading towards Norman's villainous return
    I really don't like the idea of Peter being a CEO of some big company again and you're right this feels like that's exactly what has been set up for this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Thanks, but... Where exactly says the Green Goblin is going to be involved? Honestly, it can be refering to something else that happened on those issues.
    The TPB solicit says it is the climax of a story from 75 issues ago. WEll 75 issues prior to 926 is 851, which is the beginning part of Last Remains, which is the story when Norman got "shot" and became good. That was the big result of that story, so it seems pretty clear this is the reversion story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I really don't like the idea of Peter being a CEO of some big company again and you're right this feels like that's exactly what has been set up for this moment.

The TPB solicit says it is the climax of a story from 75 issues ago. WEll 75 issues prior to 926 is 851, which is the beginning part of Last Remains, which is the story when Norman got "shot" and became good. That was the big result of that story, so it seems pretty clear this is the reversion story.
    I say around asm#50

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

If in the current run, it'd be as unsatisfying and underwhelming as possible. Lol.

Personally, I'd have the "sins" crap be done now, Gold Goblin wrote that **** off, then we can accept that human psychology/physiology isn't mystical mumbo jumbo that can be shot-gunned out of you and maybe have a slow, dark and psychologically interesting return for the Goblin.

However, he'll probably get the evil magic shot-gunned back into him. By Chasm.

Or better yet, Queen Goblin (whose alive again because reasons) appears as Gwen and Norman gets them back as a magic evil STD!

And now I've upset myself. Lol.
    Last edited by exile001; 06-07-2023 at 05:37 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bring back Ben Urich as Green Goblin.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bring back Ben Urich as Green Goblin.
    You mean Phil?

I think Ben is a bit old, but you never know what a bit of Goblin Formula will do for you.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    You mean Phil?

I think Ben is a bit old, but you never know what a bit of Goblin Formula will do for you.
    I must be getting old too cuz I thought Phil was the reporter for a moment.
    "Cable was right!"

I mean, it feels inevitable, but I hope not. This is the most interesting the Osborne corner of the comics has been in ages. After everything Spencer went through to return us to Harry's-Dead-Status-Quo, I don't see him coming back so soon, and Norman is beyond played out as a purely malevolent green goblin for the time being, so who the heck knows.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    If in the current run, it'd be as unsatisfying and underwhelming as possible. Lol.

Personally, I'd have the "sins" crap be done now, Gold Goblin wrote that **** off, then we can accept that human psychology/physiology isn't mystical mumbo jumbo that can be shot-gunned out of you and maybe have a slow, dark and psychologically interesting return for the Goblin.

However, he'll probably get the evil magic shot-gunned back into him. By Chasm.

Or better yet, Queen Goblin (whose alive again because reasons) appears as Gwen and Norman gets them back as a magic evil STD!

And now I've upset myself. Lol.
    I think the only way you're going to get a "good" Norman is with Magic (shotgun or no) so that doesn't bother me, silly as it may seem.I don't even care if he gets magic'd back evil, I assumed it was only temporary, but it just feels kinda fast is all.

Fantastic Member

As dumb as possible.

My stupidest prediction to fit the quality of this run is that Ben clones Norman and sends him down his own truncated clone Saga identity crisis not knowing if redeemed Norman or Gobby Norman is the real one.

The twist is no one cares.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    As dumb as possible.

My stupidest prediction to fit the quality of this run is that Ben clones Norman and sends him down his own truncated clone Saga identity crisis not knowing if redeemed Norman or Gobby Norman is the real one.

The twist is no one cares.
    I've long advocated for Post Clone Saga Norman to be a clone just because he was so vastly different from his pre-resurrection self. That said, I'm sure even if they did something like this it would not be satisfying.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I've long advocated for Post Clone Saga Norman to be a clone just because he was so vastly different from his pre-resurrection self. That said, I'm sure even if they did something like this it would not be satisfying.
    Wasn't that how "The 'Real' Clone Saga" by Tom DeFalco and Howard Mackie almost fifteen years ago went about it? The revived Norman Osborn was a clone created by Harry Osborn (who was still the Green Goblin and had faked his death in Spectacular 200), but was sane enough to be horrified at what his son had done and become, ultimately sacrificing himself to save the lives of both Spider-Men (Peter Parker and Ben Reilly) and getting impaled by the goblin glider just like his original self did trying to kill Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wasn't that how "The 'Real' Clone Saga" by Tom DeFalco and Howard Mackie almost fifteen years ago went about it? The revived Norman Osborn was a clone created by Harry Osborn (who was still the Green Goblin and had faked his death in Spectacular 200), but was sane enough to be horrified at what his son had done and become, ultimately sacrificing himself to save the lives of both Spider-Men (Peter Parker and Ben Reilly) and getting impaled by the goblin glider just like his original self did trying to kill Spider-Man.
    Ya know I bought that book as part of a shop going out of business sale but I haven't read it because I was waiting until I read the real thing and then I was rushing to catch up before 700 and then I was mad and not reading anything, lol.

I should find that and read it actually...