Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why is this on Adult Swim? The only adult thing that happened was the guy getting crushed by the robot he turned on by accident.

Way too much humour. I hope the tech based villains isn't for the whole season. Smallville used "kryptonite turn people into meta-humans" and that wasn't even a cartoon.
    "Cable was right!"

C for Silver Banshee looks better because it actually feels like they were trying to convey more of her comic look than they ended up doing on the show. They could've made the helmet resemble her comic face more too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/07/11/m...th-superheroes

Bit disappointing but so be it. This show’s take on the villains probably won’t be my favorite, although I think Brainiac might be an outlier there since he’s already tech based. Still, there’s ways to do a more traditional take on Banshee’s powers, tying her to the Phantom Zone is my preference.
    It's weird that they cite DBZ/anime influence and then tone down the magic. If they wanted it to be hard sci-fi why even use the villains known for their powers or magic? Superman has tech-based villains.

Though I guess now people who always complain about Superman's magic weakness are happy.

I'm really curious how they'll portray Mxy now.
    Lol so they didn’t want that title at first! Puts the complaints about the title in a funny light. I think their original name was slightly better (Up, Up, and Away!) but I would’ve gone with “Last Son of Krypton” myself given the focus on Kryptonin tech.
    I honestly didn't think that deeply about the title, but interesting nevertheless.

next up Superman vs the Ironman pastiche

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why is this on Adult Swim? The only adult thing that happened was the guy getting crushed by the robot he turned on by accident.

Way too much humour. I hope the tech based villains isn't for the whole season. Smallville used "kryptonite turn people into meta-humans" and that wasn't even a cartoon.
    1. Warner Brothers has more ownership in Adult Swim then they do with Cartoon Network

2. Adult Swim is pulling more views for their show as shown with Unicorn Warrior

3. unfortunately majority of them will be as it tie the destruction of Krypton & leading to Brainiac impending doom as the big bad. The only one that not is Myx who still a reality god

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

It does feel kinda cute

Like Steven Universe/ Bee and puppy cat
    I hope we don’t have to wait till the last ep for tension

It makes me miss invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

next up Superman vs the Ironman pastiche
    He has a man bun...

So the villains are powered by machines? That’s sorta lame.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The casting reveals that Ivo will in fact be Parasite.

So I assume he'll start mutating after this and the big reinvention for the character will be a Parasite with a genius intellect instead of a brute thug or a primal monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The casting reveals that Ivo will in fact be Parasite.

So I assume he'll start mutating after this and the big reinvention for the character will be a Parasite with a genius intellect instead of a brute thug or a primal monster.
    Parasite too seems to be tech based, I think he’s the giant techno-kaiju in the intro. Parasite’s civilian identity hasn’t historically mattered at all, as seen by how they’ve constantly changed his name with no one really caring. Maybe they’re drawing on JLA: Year One? In that story Ivo:

worked as a research scientist for the criminal organization Locus, which gives him access to advanced technology recovered from aliens and super-villains, and allows him to dissect the bodies of alien warriors from the planet Appellax who are able to shift their biology and cause other life forms to mimic their own forms.
    That’s actually a solid origin for Parasite.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Rudy Jones fans be hatin' .

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So the villains are powered by machines? That’s sorta lame.
    I'm really enjoying this cartoon, but this is the thing i dislike the most. It totally takes away the personality of the villains, Silver Banshee just looked like any other girl from any other property. Livewire also looked lame as hell.

I hope they change their minds and start with the techonology based villains just for season 1 and then shifit to more metahuman aproach for them in the future. I kinda make sense for Superman to be the first superpowered being and them the world to start to follow his lead into something new.

But as right now, they shown four villains and they all were looking boring as hell.

Everything else is good to me.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm really enjoying this cartoon, but this is the thing i dislike the most. It totally takes away the personality of the villains, Silver Banshee just looked like any other girl from any other property. Livewire also looked lame as hell.

I hope they change their minds and start with the techonology based villains just for season 1 and then shifit to more metahuman aproach for them in the future. I kinda make sense for Superman to be the first superpowered being and them the world to start to follow his lead into something new.

But as right now, they shown four villains and they all were looking boring as hell.

I feel like they're probably going to need to start upgrading the villains once Superman unlocks all his powers and starts really getting the hang of them.

But yeah, design-wise they've all been pretty underwhelming and don't really hold a candle to their comic design.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I think they want Clark to be the only one with natural powers and earth just being ordinary people (which I've always hated)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We just had Rudy Jones in Man of Tomorrow. Even if they wanted to use Parasite, they could've kept him and have him be the pilot of the suit instead of Ivo.

I don't mind tech-based villains but this isn't an Intergang story (like in Young Justice and Superman TAS).

Also why is there a young Deathstroke here? Well I guess they're renting him out like they did during his anti-hero phase in the old days.
    "Cable was right!"

saw the first episode very promising. Seems like they're really doubling down on Superman being a "comfort" character. Which i guess he always was, but not so much in some of his 2010s adaptations.