Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Livewire cost Deathstroke an eye and Sam Lane his job, they may not want to work with her again. Silver Banshee and her friends are kinda goofy, but they were formidable in their second appearance. Heatwave seems like a decent foot soldier.

The government will likely throw Dr. Ivo into a deep dark hole.
    Alternatively with his X-Ray Vision Superman starts collecting them up so there isn't any loose ends .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Alternatively with his X-Ray Vision Superman starts collecting them up so there isn't any loose ends .
    True, I wonder if they will all start hanging out together. Livewire needs a new gang and someone like Silver Banshee could use a criminal mentor (she doesn't seem like the best crook in terms of ability). Livewire by far, seems like the most intelligent in this bunch of crooks, not counting Parasite, who was captured and has a lot of scientific knowledge, but almost no common sense. Even Silver Banshee knew when to book it, Parasite insisted on a rematch with Superman, while even the goofy criminals knew it was time to leave. I wonder if Mist will switch sides, he seems more guilt-ridden over his actions than his sister.

True, I wonder if they will all start hanging out together. Livewire needs a new gang and someone like Silver Banshee could use a criminal mentor (she doesn't seem like the best crook in terms of ability). Livewire by far, seems like the most intelligent in this bunch of crooks, not counting Parasite, who was captured and has a lot of scientific knowledge, but almost no common sense. Even Silver Banshee knew when to book it, Parasite insisted on a rematch with Superman, while even the goofy criminals knew it was time to leave. I wonder if Mist will switch sides, he seems more guilt-ridden over his actions than his sister.
    Yeah, I thought they'd do something with how he seemed to feel bad for manipulating Superman.

Do we have any solid idea on viewership? Is this show a hit and will make new Superman fans?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder if Mist will turn a new leaf. He didn't seemed pleased with himself when he handed Superman over after he genuinely helped him. He could be a case of being trapped in villainy thanks to his sister and best friend.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder if Mist will turn a new leaf. He didn't seemed pleased with himself when he handed Superman over after he genuinely helped him. He could be a case of being trapped in villainy thanks to his sister and best friend.
    In shows like these nowadays, you usually have one or two villains switch sides, to make things kind of interesting, rather than just a set of good guys and bad guys who just stay on the same team from start to finish. Maybe even Mist might convince his sister and friend to switch sides or maybe he will have to go it alone in terms of becoming a better person. Sam Lane might have a redemption arc too.

Parasite is a psychopath and Livewire seems like she likes being a professional criminal here, she was never a media personality so she is not an attention seeker and she seems somewhat more clever than usual. Heatwave is barely a character and Waller seems like an anti-Superman fanatic. So yeah, I think Mist and maybe the rest of the goofballs from Intergang would be the only ones who would be interested in switching sides.

Edit: Also, does anyone here have choices for villains they want to see in season 2?
    Last edited by The Overlord; 08-26-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Also, does anyone here have choices for villains they want to see in season 2?
    Can't wait for Yandere Maxima!

(Or maybe she'll be a Tsundere and mellow down once she realizes she's into girls?)

Extraordinary Member

I love the hell out of this show, but if there's one thing I am just sick to death of is evil Kryptonians. Like, we get it - Kal and Kara are the only Kryptonians worth a damn and everyone else is an a$$h@le.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I love the hell out of this show, but if there's one thing I am just sick to death of is evil Kryptonians. Like, we get it - Kal and Kara are the only Kryptonians worth a damn and everyone else is an a$$h@le.
    That's not exactly what the show is building up to, I think. The payoff with the reveal of Jor-El and his hopes and dreams behind sending Kal to Earth is gonna be huge now because currently Clark thinks he's a WMD created by an annihilator race.

Also think Zero Day was caused by Zod's rebel faction and the Kryptonians were the ones to stop them and imprison them in the Negative Zone as punishment just a year or two before Krypton went kabloom.

If you believe the IMDB casting leak (which is feeling more and more dubious), Toyman's supposed to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think they're setting up we're not getting evil Kryptonians though, at least not excessively. I think the invasion was all Brainiac.

Like Clark thinks he was sent there to be a weapon because of his powers but is going to find out his parents genuinely just wanted to save him and the Kryptonians probably had no idea about the effect the Yellow Sun would have on their physiology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That's not exactly what the show is building up to, I think. The payoff with the reveal of Jor-El and his hopes and dreams behind sending Kal to Earth is gonna be huge now because currently Clark thinks he's a WMD created by an annihilator race.

Also think Zero Day was caused by Zod's rebel faction and the Kryptonians were the ones to stop them and imprison them in the Negative Zone as punishment just a year or two before Krypton went kabloom.
    We saw Krypton explode behind the invasion fleet. I think Brainiac was invading Earth while Krypton was dying and the planet's destruction set him back until he arrives on Earth either at the end of the season or in season 2.

In shows like these nowadays, you usually have one or two villains switch sides, to make things kind of interesting, rather than just a set of good guys and bad guys who just stay on the same team from start to finish. Maybe even Mist might convince his sister and friend to switch sides or maybe he will have to go it alone in terms of becoming a better person. Sam Lane might have a redemption arc too.

Parasite is a psychopath and Livewire seems like she likes being a professional criminal here, she was never a media personality so she is not an attention seeker and she seems somewhat more clever than usual. Heatwave is barely a character and Waller seems like an anti-Superman fanatic. So yeah, I think Mist and maybe the rest of the goofballs from Intergang would be the only ones who would be interested in switching sides.

Edit: Also, does anyone here have choices for villains they want to see in season 2?
    Ultra-Humanite, Bloodsport, Metallo, Kryptonite Man, Toyman, Red Cloud, Lobo, and Atomic Skull are who I’d love to see. Only Metallo, Bloodsport, and Toyman feel plausible to me since I think they’re going to keep building the villains they’ve already got + Brainiac. Metallo and Bloodsport could be new Task Force X members while Toyman is another rogue villain.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Something funny to think that even with the whole Big Boss look and amidst an apparent warrior culture, Jor-El might still be a pretty decent guy.

Well hopefully his AI self starts finally speaking English so his son can understand him next episode.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Do we have any solid idea on viewership? Is this show a hit and will make new Superman fans?
    Nothing has been said but im not sure what they'd be looking at. It airs at Midnight on adult swim so would they base it off of those numbers or amount of streams?

YJ was a strong performer but cancelled regardless so who knows.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Can't wait for Yandere Maxima!

(Or maybe she'll be a Tsundere and mellow down once she realizes she's into girls?)
    Yandere Maxima would be cool just so we can get some throwback love triangle shenanigans.

i think ive warmed up to this take on ivo/parasite. Never really cared for any take on Rudy. I'm a big fan of S&L and even I'll admit Ally Alliston sucked.