Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

If nothing else this show has succeeded in getting people to care about Clark & Lois again!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    This two last episodes have been much stronger than the first three ones. The comedy lands better and there's a lot more balance and intrigue.

I wonder if Alex is gonna be Lex Luthor, I'm surprising rooting for that to be true.

My guess is that the Suicide Squad is preparing themselves for what they think is an impending Kryptonian invasion (Lane clearly knows more about Superman than Supes himself and they seem to be legitimately worried about somethign).

Lara AI is the Season 1 finale Big Bad in which Clark discovers his origins, and she's revealed to be Brainiac's lackey/creation in the finale, to set him up as the S2 antagonist.
    Yeah I think you’re right! Supes works hard to prove he’s not a threat, only to have “mom” show up and tell him it’s his destiny to conquer the planet. Also get a parallel between Clark and Lois having soldier parents who end up as antagonists.

I’m wondering if they’re actually going to call the Lara AI their take on “Eradicator”, because honestly that would conceptually be the best take on Eradicator I’ve ever seen. He’s just a boring evil robot in the mainline comics, with a design that makes him another evil Superman to boot, but having it be based off of Superman’s mother suddenly gets me interested. Lara is typically underserved and making her a soldier was one of my favorite concepts from the New 52. Pitting Kal against her evil “ghost” would give her more focus and importance.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This two last episodes have been much stronger than the first three ones. The comedy lands better and there's a lot more balance and intrigue.

I wonder if Alex is gonna be Lex Luthor, I'm surprising rooting for that to be true.

My guess is that the Suicide Squad is preparing themselves for what they think is an impending Kryptonian invasion (Lane clearly knows more about Superman than Supes himself and they seem to be legitimately worried about somethign).

Lara AI is the Season 1 finale Big Bad in which Clark discovers his origins, and she's revealed to be Brainiac's lackey/creation in the finale, to set him up as the S2 antagonist.
    Maybe it's just because I'm skeptical because of how the show has been using it's villains so far but I'm not sure if they can turn "Alex" into a good version of Luthor.

It seems like from the flashbacks there was some kind of incursion with robots showing up against the military on Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

If nothing else this show has succeeded in getting people to care about Clark & Lois again!
    This and SM&L are making people love Clois again.
    I’m wondering if they’re actually going to call the Lara AI their take on “Eradicator”, because honestly that would conceptually be the best take on Eradicator I’ve ever seen. He’s just a boring evil robot in the mainline comics, with a design that makes him another evil Superman to boot, but having it be based off of Superman’s mother suddenly gets me interested. Lara is typically underserved and making her a soldier was one of my favorite concepts from the New 52. Pitting Kal against her evil “ghost” would give her more focus and importance.
    If she doesn't wear the shades, I call foul.

Incredible Member

I'd really love to see that. The season in general has this running theme of "misusing/being consumed by tech (that's mostly the reson I'm actually digging the villain re-imaginigns)". Livewire and Parasyte become quasi-fused/assimilated with their technology so Eradicator Ghost Mom would be an intersting continuation of the concept, specially with Brainiac looming over the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's just because I'm skeptical because of how the show has been using it's villains so far but I'm not sure if they can turn "Alex" into a good version of Luthor.
    I think it's doable. One of my favorite Lex Luthor storylines (if not my favorite outright) is The Black Ring. There's a flashback issue of Lex arriving to Metropolis, and we discover the Lex is a young, brilliant and even somewhat even idealistic young man that comes to the city and gets corrupted in his quest to get power and money quickly because he's dirt poor and cynical (the fact that he gets briefly enslaved by Darkseid doesn't help his cynicism). He spends most of the issue as the nerdy and frustrated lackey of two other supervillains (Bruno Manheim and Darkseid). He basically looked almost like Alex does here so I wonder if its intentional.

Mighty Member

Loving how Amanda Waller and General Lane were starting to butt heads at the end of the episode.

I'd really love to see that. The season in general has this running theme of "misusing/being consumed by tech (that's mostly the reson I'm actually digging the villain re-imaginigns)". Livewire and Parasyte become quasi-fused/assimilated with their technology so Eradicator Ghost Mom would be an intersting continuation of the concept, specially with Brainiac looming over the horizon.
    I wonder if Brainiac can hack into and control all the Kryptonian tech?
    I think it's doable. One of my favorite Lex Luthor storylines (if not my favorite outright) is The Black Ring. There's a flashback issue of Lex arriving to Metropolis, and we discover the Lex is a young, brilliant and even somewhat even idealistic young man that comes to the city and gets corrupted in his quest to get power and money quickly because he's dirt poor and cynical (the fact that he gets briefly enslaved by Darkseid doesn't help his cynicism). He spends most of the issue as the nerdy and frustrated lackey of two other supervillains (Bruno Manheim and Darkseid). He basically looked almost like Alex does here so I wonder if its intentional.
    I agree it's doable, it's just so far their villain updates or depictions of them has been so underwhelming I'm not sure if they can really properly capture that development, especially given how they introduced him.

While the execution hasn’t been my favorite, I do dig the underlying idea of connecting the villains together as an arms race reaction to Superman showing up. Justifies why they’re “Superman” villains. Plus the influencers have started bandwagon whining about the villains for clout so now my instinct is to give the show a chance since the discussion is about to turn toxic.

Ivo got transformed into a freak so they could have Lex take over the company and turn it into Lexcorp, but I’d also be a-ok with a take on Lex that’s more mad scientist this go around.

It seems like from the flashbacks there was some kind of incursion with robots showing up against the military on Earth.

This and SM&L are making people love Clois again.

If she doesn't wear the shades, I call foul.
    Quote tweets are nuts, a bunch of horny people saying “good for Lois because if she let go I would definitely steal him”. Who knew the secret to making Superman popular again was to make him hot and endearing
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Clark and Jimmy have bunk beds? Either they've adopted military style or they're big kids.

I wonder if one of the reasons that the show doesn't dilly dally with the Clark/Lois romance or the secret ID because they know multiple seasons aren't guaranteed and want to make sure they can give the fans the payoff. In which case, I can't complain.

Was taken for a big surprise to see an empathetic side to Steve Lombard. Good stuff.

Alice Lee does a good job of emulating out-of-breath speech, haha. And like I said before, this show's physical comedy is really good. I kind of wish this was marketed more towards kids/families so kids could see how much fun Superman can be.

Sam Lane poses like DCAU Darkseid. Don't think that's a coincidence.

I like how Superman's power level fluctuates. It makes it so he can be as weak as the story needs, or as strong.

BTW, are police scanners still that big these days? And do they work wirelessly?

While the execution hasn’t been my favorite, I do dig the underlying idea of connecting the villains together as an arms race reaction to Superman showing up. Justifies why they’re “Superman” villains. Plus the influencers have started bandwagon whining about the villains for clout so now my instinct is to give the show a chance since the discussion is about to turn toxic.
    Influencers are complaining about the villains? I feel validated .
    Ivo got transformed into a freak so they could have Lex take over the company and turn it into Lexcorp, but I’d also be a-ok with a take on Lex that’s more mad scientist this go around.
    If they're serious about him being Lex Luthor he needs a serious makeover. He's wayyyyy too Eisenberg in my tastes.
    Quote tweets are nuts, a bunch of horny people saying “good for Lois because if she let go I would definitely steal him”. Who knew the secret to making Superman popular again was to make him hot and endearing
    Why do you think people love Tyler Hoechlin so much ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Clark and Jimmy have bunk beds? Either they've adopted military style or they're big kids.
    Felt very much like brothers.
    I wonder if one of the reasons that the show doesn't dilly dally with the Clark/Lois romance or the secret ID because they know multiple seasons aren't guaranteed and want to make sure they can give the fans the payoff. In which case, I can't complain.
    Also only 10 episodes.
    I like how Superman's power level fluctuates. It makes it so he can be as weak as the story needs, or as strong.
    It definitely fluctuates depending on his stress or intent though also he's starting off baseline weaker than normal.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The villains continue to be ass. I have to question why the show decided to use Heatwave and genderbend the character when they could have used Volcana.

The design for Deathstroke looks rather boring but he is living up to the characters rep at least.

I like that the show didn't drag out Lois getting her confirmation. I can't say I buy into the drama the secret has created for Lois as she and Clark haven't known each other long enough to have that affect. I'll excuse it if there's some trauma on Lois end involving secrets (I think the previous episode hinted at it).

We are getting Titano? Please don't be a cyber ape.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ah so we finally got our Deathstroke suit

It does have origin and in fairness the Teen Titans incarnation of Slade also went with an all-black suit, but it is weird how similar it is to Bloodsport's design

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The villains continue to be ass. I have to question why the show decided to use Heatwave and genderbend the character when they could have used Volcana.

The design for Deathstroke looks rather boring but he is living up to the characters rep at least.

I like that the show didn't drag out Lois getting her confirmation. I can't say I buy into the drama the secret has created for Lois as she and Clark haven't known each other long enough to have that affect. I'll excuse it if there's some trauma on Lois end involving secrets (I think the previous episode hinted at it).

My guess is we're getting a cyber Titano, which will be the explanation for how he has kryptonite vision.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm guessing Metropolis studio apartment's have about as much space as NYC studio apartment's.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ah so we finally got our Deathstroke suit

It does have origin and in fairness the Teen Titans incarnation of Slade also went with an all-black suit, but it is weird how similar it is to Bloodsport's design

The orange is literally the only way to tell it's Deathstroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Yeah, Lois is acting like her and Clark have known each other a really long time...and it feels like it's only been a few weeks, maybe a month, at best. Though I guess Lois has a really heavy bias against people who keep secrets from her because it's what her dad did with her moms' sickness and she never forgave him.

The orange is literally the only way to tell it's Deathstroke.

Yeah, Lois is acting like her and Clark have known each other a really long time...and it feels like it's only been a few weeks, maybe a month, at best. Though I guess Lois has a really heavy bias against people who keep secrets from her because it's what her dad did with her moms' sickness and she never forgave him.
    Yeah, that was pretty well lampshaded last episode. They are playing up her need for truth and his lying to her as the root trauma for that. So Clark lying to her was not gonna be tolerated.

Was curious as to who was voicing Sam Lane. Well, assuming he's Sam Lane. Joel de la Fuente is credited as "The General" so I wonder if his (presumed) relation to Lois is supposed to be a surprise. Also, since his actor is Filipino, I wonder if The General is supposed to be Asian himself.