Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think this really happens with this kind of tie-in material.
    Just checking.

The JL/JLU tie-ins were created without cooperation from the cartoon creator, while the Young Justice comics and video game were (from what I gather, since I don't generally buy tie-in content) good optional material that filled gaps and created by the show's creative team, so I'd be good if this tie-in followed the spirit of those.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Just checking.

The JL/JLU tie-ins were created without cooperation from the cartoon creator, while the Young Justice comics and video game were (from what I gather, since I don't generally buy tie-in content) good optional material that filled gaps and created by the show's creative team, so I'd be good if this tie-in followed the spirit of those.
    Thankfully the MAWS team is not Greg Weisman .

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Great news!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Watching X-Men '97, I really hope this show steps up for it's action sequences and use of Clarks' powers.

Watching X-Men '97, I really hope this show steps up for it's action sequences and use of Clarks' powers.
    A budget increase for Season 2 would be great.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    A budget increase for Season 2 would be great.
    Yeah, it's definitely needed. The show, while very pretty, looked a little barren and the action was choppy.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely needed. The show, while very pretty, looked a little barren and the action was choppy.
    And mostly consisted of two seconds of cool action and Clark getting beat up .

One thing I gotta give Disney credit for is giving Marvel Animation decent budgets. Meanwhile, WB is fine with still frames for Young Justice seasons 3 and 4...

EDIT: More to the point, it seems Disney understands that a show like X-Men 97 can have a similar amount of outreach to any of their original Disney+ live-action series, so they don't cheap out on production.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 03-22-2024 at 08:34 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Clark getting beat up .
    This is very much your bugbear (like, it comes up a LOT).

Here, I just saw it as a guy new to his powers getting knocked down and learning to get back up. Then immediately winning cos he's fricking awesome!

Also, it's predominantly a cutesy slice of life romantic comedy with a bit of action. I was never expecting DBZ from this, but we'll see what happens when Zod/Brainiac arrives in season 2.

Of course, if we get to season 4 and the fights still have the same formula it'll get old.

...and now I want a DB-style Superman show.
    Last edited by exile001; 03-22-2024 at 09:07 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

It’s probably too late to increase the budget for S2, but I hope that WBD is taking notice of the show’s seemingly strong performance on MAX and also the strong performance of X-Men ‘97, and if they renew the show it comes with a budget increase.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

And mostly consisted of two seconds of cool action and Clark getting beat up .
    Clark's really going to have to shape up next season with the impending Brainiac/Kryptonian invasion.

He can't really be pulling a second wind every time.

This is very much your bugbear (like, it comes up a LOT).
    I'm sorry. I understand from other people I can be very repetitive. I know I need to work on it.

At least I didn't mention the shows' villain problem .
    Here, I just saw it as a guy new to his powers getting knocked down and learning to get back up. Then immediately winning cos he's fricking awesome!
    My problem is I don't think we got enough of that part.
    Also, it's predominantly a cutesy slice of life romantic comedy with a bit of action. I was never expecting DBZ from this, but we'll see what happens when Zod/Brainiac arrives in season 2.
    I mean, they've compared it enough to DBZ as it is, but I understand that the relationships take priority in terms of focus...though since we do still have action scenes, I think it's a fair critique.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It got better in the last episodes.The hand to hand got better.The story telling intensity was there.Stakes was there.The show went more alien goku than peter parker nerd from highschool(instantly piqued my interest)

People saying superman got beat up..iF the fights good then i don't really care if clark gets beat up.
    Well duh!! He is the hero.he is supposed to get beat up.a hero without torn clothes is boring.A sleepy clark took on entire task force x.A taskforce x that was still powering up.i always rolled my eyes at electric blue.hopefully,they make it work for me..I like the semi- transformed look so far.
    I mean, they've compared it enough to DBZ as it is, but I understand that the relationships take priority in terms of focus...though since we do still have action scenes, I think it's a fair critique.
    This is more like naruto than dbZ in that sense with all the stupid naruhina and narusaku thing going on.bUt,naruto had itself had the best fight choreograhy and plots for the fights.This show as of now doesn't.This show can take dbz if it does things right.but that's because dbz is an old show.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-22-2024 at 11:42 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"