Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well you’re going to get your wish with one character, spoilers:
    apparently a gender bent Heatwave will be on Waller’s team.
    end of spoilers. Would have preferred Volcana myself but it’s not a big deal to me. Toyman is also supposedly going to show up at some point.
    Yeah like Frontier say bit random but I'm down for it anything that not just Harley & Deadshot

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Yeah like Frontier say bit random but I'm down for it anything that not just Harley & Deadshot
    If Harley doesn't appear in this then this will be our first line-up without from before 2011

is it safe to say that Superman is the first major hero of this universe I know there is a cameo for vicki vale but that doesnt have to mean batman exist
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I’m in love with this show so far. It’s looking like the villains will be tech based this season but hopefully we’ll see more powered villains in the next season.

I’d love to see this shows take on Supergirl or Parasite.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    is it safe to say that Superman is the first major hero of this universe I know there is a cameo for vicki vale but that doesnt have to mean batman exist
    Sure looks like it. At the very least they aren’t acknowledging anyone else, and Superman being able to fly and have powers is being treated as a huge deal. He’s the first one with “superpowers” apparently. (I really hope Batman doesn’t exist in this universe).
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m in love with this show so far. It’s looking like the villains will be tech based this season but hopefully we’ll see more powered villains in the next season.

I’d love to see this shows take on Supergirl or Parasite.
    You’ll get your wish on Parasite although it’s a very different take apparently and there’s rumors that Kara is in this. Probably won’t see Supergirl until next season but as the show delves deeper into the Krypton stuff, I think Kara will show up. I’m also hoping to see Steel, I’d love for them to adapt the New 52 origin where he starts out working for the military and helps create Metallo, but bails once he realizes Supes isn’t a threat.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Finally had time to check this out, it's cool so far. I like this interpretation of Jimmy, and Clarks self discovery are some of my favorite parts of the 2 episodes. The artstyle is very reminiscent of the recent Voltron series which I love, the animation itself is very hit or miss at times with me though. Especially during the robot fight. I'm not sure I care for anime Deathstrokes redesign or Livewires for that matter but we'll give it time. I do wish they used Bloodsport instead but he might appear later down the line (hopefully).
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This was boring.The action wasn't great nor innovative.Nowhere close to dragon ball z these guys where comparing it with,which itself isn't that great when it comes to action.There wasn't much hand to hand or any other stunts.The show just doesn't have an it factor.Look at invincible,it grabs you and makes you sit with the mystery and drama.This just doesn't.Honestly,they should have adapted american alien a bit more.I would have preferred something atleast funny like "superman was here xoxo" or drunk clark throwing deathstroke overboard or "i am broooosh waynnne".Nor the impact of emotional beat of that clark's quandry like him trying to leave the planet only to fall down with because of no air.So the "who am i" question doesn't have an impactful resolution like in that,with lobo.Also,look at how the whole powers thing was handled there.Jonathan literally uses a plane to snatch clark from the air.Overall the show is bland with potential that could have gone places.The animaton is smooth but story doesn't do it any favors.Nor lack of imagination when it comes to action and designs.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-09-2023 at 12:00 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This was boring.The action wasn't great nor innovative.Nowhere close to dragon ball z these guys where comparing it with,which itself isn't that great when it comes to action.There wasn't much hand to hand or any other stunts.The show just doesn't have an it factor.Look at invincible,it grabs you and makes you sit with the mystery and drama.This just doesn't.Honestly,they should have adapted american alien a bit more.I would have preferred something atleast funny like "superman was here xoxo" or drunk clark throwing deathstroke overboard or "i am broooosh waynnne".Nor the impact of emotional beat of that clark's quandry like him trying to leave the planet only to fall down with because of no air.So the "who am i" question doesn't have an impactful resolution like in that,with lobo.Also,look at how the whole powers thing was handled there.Jonathan literally uses a plane to snatch clark from the air.Overall the show is bland with potential that could have gone places.The animaton is smooth but story doesn't do it any favors.Nor lack of imagination when it comes to action and designs.
    agreed, I feel superman needs a heavy dose of the dc universe and it's world building around his stories and character development to really get me into the guy. Just less batman tho.

Watched it with my daughter last night. She loved it, and I thought it was cute. Good handle on the primary characters, I like the Lois-Clark dynamic, and the secondary ones like Perry and the Kents were fun. Animation was fine, with good body language and facial expression, but it didn't match the level of the big popular anime like MHA or DBZ.

Love the one eyed Odin/Jor-El for its sheer over-the-top aesthetic.

This is still airing late at night during Adult Swim right? Odd slot for a kid's show, unless Adult Swim has changed a whole lot since I was in my 20's. Seems like a great way to ensure the target demo never sees the damn thing, but at least it hits on Max the next day (where we watched it).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I really liked it. I definitely like it more than Superman:The Animated Series so far. I like this take on Krpyton so far. It feels alien and I love it. The dynamic between Clark, Lois, and Jimmy is excellent. I like how they are all at the beginning of their careers. I like all of the easter eggs too. It seems like there are some Justice League villains in this world already.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    In fairness this was the first episode(s) and they're going for a slower burn than Invincible, but they're leaning more into anime SoL and Avatar than American Alien in my opinion.

Confirmed that they were drawing on the Mechanical Monsters with those robots! Oh and Evangelion too of course lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Watched it with my daughter last night. She loved it, and I thought it was cute. Good handle on the primary characters, I like the Lois-Clark dynamic, and the secondary ones like Perry and the Kents were fun. Animation was fine, with good body language and facial expression, but it didn't match the level of the big popular anime like MHA or DBZ.

Love the one eyed Odin/Jor-El for its sheer over-the-top aesthetic.

This is still airing late at night during Adult Swim right? Odd slot for a kid's show, unless Adult Swim has changed a whole lot since I was in my 20's. Seems like a great way to ensure the target demo never sees the damn thing, but at least it hits on Max the next day (where we watched it).
    It also seems to be airing the next day on CN/Adult Swim around 6-7:30 PM so who knows what’s up with the scheduling. It’s on adult swim because CN is pretty infantile these days, there’s no action shows at all, strictly comedy stuff like TTG.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Confirmed that they were drawing on the Mechanical Monsters with those robots! Oh and Evangelion too of course lol.

It also seems to be airing the next day on CN/Adult Swim around 6-7:30 PM so who knows what’s up with the scheduling. It’s on adult swim because CN is pretty infantile these days, there’s no action shows at all, strictly comedy stuff like TTG.
    I loved the designs on the robots!

Overall I really enjoyed the first two episodes. The relationship between Clark, Lois and Jimmy was awesome and I'm liking the exploration of Clark's Kryptonian heritage.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I’m fine with the race bending with Lois and Perry but why not keep Jimmy a redhead? Also is this the first time Lois falls for Clark first? She though he was a hunk. What do you think of pretty boy Deathstroke ?

Those first two episodes were absolutely charming. I think this show is going to be a fun one.