Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

What a nice show. I really like the take on Clark and Lois. Lois is much nicer than the nasty, hard ones in so many other venues. Clark not being immediately dismissed as a creep is just fine. Perry and Jimmy are just fine.

What I like about the show is that Lois and Clark like each other from the start,not Lois liking superman then Clark,Clark and Lois have a attraction thst is obvious and it's nice to see it.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    When it comes to Parasite, it seems that he’s an amalgam of Parasite and Amazo. That said, I’m assuming with the way he ended up, that he’ll be more traditional in his next appearance. They clearly are setting something up with all of this technology, so I’m curious where it’s leading.

Another thing I appreciate about this show is that they definitely don’t try to downplay that Clark is buff. He’s a big guy and it’s noticeable. He looks like someone who hits the gym often so being strong makes sense, but people won’t jump to Herculean strength right off the gate as they would if Clark was pretending to look extremely weak (basically overcompensating).

Just like Jimmy, I’m actually starting to like Perry. I suppose due to dealing with a young Lois who hasn’t refined her impulsive reporting does give a dynamic more than just saying “go here”. I’m slowly starting to realize that most adaptations haven’t made good use out of Clark’s supporting cast that well outside of Lois.
    Is Perry ever not exasperated with Lois ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    What a nice show. I really like the take on Clark and Lois. Lois is much nicer than the nasty, hard ones in so many other venues. Clark not being immediately dismissed as a creep is just fine. Perry and Jimmy are just fine.
    Honestly I don't see that much difference with Lois here compared to other continuities, she's just younger and more growing into herself like Clark is even though she still has a lot of confidence (though that also masks her insecurities).
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    What I like about the show is that Lois and Clark like each other from the start,not Lois liking superman then Clark,Clark and Lois have a attraction thst is obvious and it's nice to see it.
    Especially because they were already falling for each other within five seconds of meeting .

this show is just delightful, such a fresh spin on the mythos. i really really like Clark, Lois and Jimmy starting out as interns eager to prove themselves, i actually think that should be the new default for how they meet and start their careers. Anyway someone needs to give Jack Quaid's agent a raise, the guy is in everything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially because they were already falling for each other within five seconds of meeting .
    I know right? Normally I'd like a bit more time before characters go all early puppy love mode, but it's a sillier kind of show and it's so damned adorable I can't not love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know right? Normally I'd like a bit more time before characters go all early puppy love mode, but it's a sillier kind of show and it's so damned adorable I can't not love it.
    Honestly it was a little too quick for me when I would have rather they spent a little more time showing why they would fall for each other even if I enjoy the end result.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

After Brainiac comes in I hope that releases the floodgates on more alien characters. Would love to see Lobo and Hell Maxima would be perfect for a show centering on Clark and Lois' relationship.

Would also be curious how Kryptonians are received in this universe by the galaxy community with their whole empire thing, Mongul would prolly think of them as rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    After Brainiac comes in I hope that releases the floodgates on more alien characters. Would love to see Lobo and Hell Maxima would be perfect for a show centering on Clark and Lois' relationship.

Would also be curious how Kryptonians are received in this universe by the galaxy community with their whole empire thing, Mongul would prolly think of them as rivals.
    Maybe each season has a villain theme.

Season 1 has tech villains.

Season 2 focuses more on aliens or possibly Metahumans.

Though I feel like season 2 will have Lex so not sure if they'll focus on aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh so looking at the preview for next episode, this may be our Heat Wave

That's not Rampage?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I've got to hand it to this Lois, handcuffing herself to Superman is a lot more effective than driving her car off a bridge.

I love how Lois has Superman with glasses plastered next to her bed. Girl can't help herself.

Poor Jimmy. Clark and Lois get caught up in their own drama and basically forget about him, he gets flamed online, and then gets stuck with Steve Lombard...who turns out to be the guy who was giving him online hate to begin with. Though Steve was also surprisingly genuine in trying to give Jimmy advice, even if Jimmy didn't want to hear it.

Even Superman tries to get his best friends' advice before confessing his feelings to his crush.

Surprise Sub-Diego first appearance!

Clark suddenly coming off surprisingly careless now that Lois basically knows, though maybe that's just how it looks when you start seeing all the signs.

I have to admit, that's the first time I've seen Lois straight up handcuff herself to Superman to figure out his secret identity. And then they end up "dancing" while fighting crime.

That was supposed to be Heat Wave? If you wanted a female flame villain, why not use Volcana? I guess because the show wants to avoid Metahumans and just use tech. Honestly Heat Wave felt kind of superfluous outside giving Superman an excuse to fight Deathstroke. I was half-expecting Clark to unlock Freeze Breath to beat her. Also gender-flipping Heat Wave...I mean, the character came off so masculine I wonder if there was even a point. Just felt really random to me.

So Deathstroke going all "terminator" on anyone with Kryptonian tech, with his own giving him reflexes akin to Superman's Super Speed. Honestly though Deathstroke feels reall out of place here, even his suit looks more like Bloodsport than Deathstroke outside the orange, but Deathstroke's mask isn't supposed to be a skull.

Honestly I get where Lois is coming from but why would Superman bring a civilian into harm's way?

Another episode of Superman getting pounded on. He's getting better but he's nowhere near as capable as he could be. Hopefully when he unlocks more of his powers and better understands himself he can hold his own more.

What a way to meet your prospective girlfriends' father! Seems like General Lane is anti-alien because there was some kind of alien incursion, "Zero Day," that lead to all the Kryptonian tech landing on Earth and probably proved pretty dangerous, but he's nowhere near as ruthless as Waller and doesn't want to endanger civilians. Lois will probably be instrumental in helping him accept Superman.

Never thought I'd see Amanda Waller get called "Mandy."

Making yourself fall so Superman will catch you is classic Lois Lane. Though what if he'd suited up in time to catch you?

Well, pretty much the darkest hour for the trio. Lois is mad at Clark for keeping being Superman from her, Jimmy is mad at both of them for ditching him, and the picture of the trio in the ED is even ripped up.

Next week is the Monsieur Mallah/Brain episode? I guess Mallah is "Bigfoot?"

Opening on Lois drawing glasses on a picture of Superman is so funny. Reminds me of that meme about Facebook facial recognition software tagging Supes as Clark. Poor Jimmy, he keeps ending up a third wheel, really hope they give him a love interest of his own. Oh noooooo Perry stuck him with Lombard, this episode is going to push Jimmy to the breaking point isn't it. Had a good laugh at Lombard ordering dumbells, yeah that's him all right.

...so I guess Deathstroke is getting superpowered up too huh? Ok whatever, I still would rather have had Bloodsport but fine. Would also rather have Volcana over this weird take on Heatwave.

Nice, Clark is actually doing some investigative journalism and realizes there's a connection between all the tech the villains have been using! Lmao Clark buddy, you're way too casual with how strong you are. Lois is laying it on pretty thick that she suspects something, you should be dialing it down if you don't want to get outed.

"You're clearly the Steve of your group" - it's joever for you Jim. Oh Christ, Lombard is Jimmy's online nemesis. Huh did not expect Lombard of all people to show a sensitive side. Poor Jimmy is absolutely getting screwed over, Clark and Lois both need to treat him better.

Cackled at Lois handcuffing herself to Superman, this is some Silver Age shenanigans. One thing I like about this show's approach to a novice Superman is he doesn't make any assumptions. Lois points out that he doesn't know if he's fireproof, and he admits that's true.

Yep that guy is General Sam Lane! Awesome, I prefer my Sams to be villains/antagonists. Oh look Clark is getting bruised/bloodied, excellent, very happy this show isn't afraid to have him getting beat up.

"We're the good guys!" *Proceeds to almost get a bus full of schoolkids killed* Ah, there's the United States military we know and love. Sam at least hasn't totally lost his mind, but Waller is as ruthless as ever.

Holy **** Lois. Well that's one way for her to find out, and damn that's one way for the show to draw out the Clark/Lois romance. Awww poor Jimmy, my man just can't get a break. Hope the next episode is Clark and Lois tracking Jimmy down and making amends to him for being crappy friends, Clark needs to come clean to Jim since Lois knows.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe each season has a villain theme.

Season 1 has tech villains.

Season 2 focuses more on aliens or possibly Metahumans.

Though I feel like season 2 will have Lex so not sure if they'll focus on aliens.
    We’ve been assuming that Brainiac will make his big move at the end of this season but I’ve been rethinking that. We’re about halfway through the first season and Clark still doesn’t know about Krypton or his origins, having Brainiac show up and be defeated at the end of this season would feel rushed (which doesn’t mean it won’t happen). I think S1’s big finale will be Superman fighting and defeating the Suicide Squad, convincing the authorities he’s not a threat. Somehow Brainiac will find out he exists and start making plans to invade Earth, with S2 being Brainiac doing the actual invasion. Lex would be in S2 helping to create weapons/metas in prep for Brainiac’s arrival, while scheming to somehow off Superman too.

Since WBD only greenlit two seasons, if MAWS doesn’t get any more that would allow them to tell one complete overall story with Brainiac as the big bad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Opening on Lois drawing glasses on a picture of Superman is so funny. Reminds me of that meme about Facebook facial recognition software tagging Supes as Clark. Poor Jimmy, he keeps ending up a third wheel, really hope they give him a love interest of his own. Oh noooooo Perry stuck him with Lombard, this episode is going to push Jimmy to the breaking point isn't it. Had a good laugh at Lombard ordering dumbells, yeah that's him all right.
    The best thing for a third wheel is to get a romance of their own .
    ...so I guess Deathstroke is getting superpowered up too huh? Ok whatever, I still would rather have had Bloodsport but fine. Would also rather have Volcana over this weird take on Heatwave.
    Honestly just really not getting their approach to the villains here. Like, making them more tech based is all well and good but they barely resemble themselves half the time and seem out of place in a Superman show.

Like if anyone took a first glance would they be able to recognize that as Deathstroke or Heatwave?
    Nice, Clark is actually doing some investigative journalism and realizes there's a connection between all the tech the villains have been using! Lmao Clark buddy, you're way too casual with how strong you are. Lois is laying it on pretty thick that she suspects something, you should be dialing it down if you don't want to get outed.
    It's nice to see Clark invested in reporting. Even in SM&L it felt like his reporting really took a backseat for Lois aside from a few episodes.
    "You're clearly the Steve of your group" - it's joever for you Jim. Oh Christ, Lombard is Jimmy's online nemesis. Huh did not expect Lombard of all people to show a sensitive side. Poor Jimmy is absolutely getting screwed over, Clark and Lois both need to treat him better.
    Probably the best Steve and Jimmy content in animation in...forever.
    Cackled at Lois handcuffing herself to Superman, this is some Silver Age shenanigans. One thing I like about this show's approach to a novice Superman is he doesn't make any assumptions. Lois points out that he doesn't know if he's fireproof, and he admits that's true.
    And she succeeded where Silver Age Lois often fails .
    Yep that guy is General Sam Lane! Awesome, I prefer my Sams to be villains/antagonists. Oh look Clark is getting bruised/bloodied, excellent, very happy this show isn't afraid to have him getting beat up.
    Seems like he has a legitimate (in his mind) reason for being hostile towards aliens and just lumps Superman in with that hostility because he doesn't trust him, but he's not evil (and not modern Waller).

Is this what it felt like for people watching S:TAS and JL who could recognize how often Superman would get beat up? I mean, I like to think here it's because he's so raw, has no training, and doesn't even have his full power set, but I wonder.
    "We're the good guys!" *Proceeds to almost get a bus full of schoolkids killed* Ah, there's the United States military we know and love. Sam at least hasn't totally lost his mind, but Waller is as ruthless as ever.
    And Slade is Slade. I wonder if everyone's just waiting for him to lose an eye.
    Holy **** Lois. Well that's one way for her to find out, and damn that's one way for the show to draw out the Clark/Lois romance. Awww poor Jimmy, my man just can't get a break. Hope the next episode is Clark and Lois tracking Jimmy down and making amends to him for being crappy friends, Clark needs to come clean to Jim since Lois knows.
    Honestly if the main trio are all in the know I genuinely wonder what secret identity drama or relationship issues they can come up with beyond that since we're so early into the show. The more people you let in on the secret the less focus the characters' double life gets, in my experience.

Though Lois will probably have to sell her dad on her new boyfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We’ve been assuming that Brainiac will make his big move at the end of this season but I’ve been rethinking that. We’re about halfway through the first season and Clark still doesn’t know about Krypton or his origins, having Brainiac show up and be defeated at the end of this season would feel rushed (which doesn’t mean it won’t happen). I think S1’s big finale will be Superman fighting and defeating the Suicide Squad, convincing the authorities he’s not a threat. Somehow Brainiac will find out he exists and start making plans to invade Earth, with S2 being Brainiac doing the actual invasion. Lex would be in S2 helping to create weapons/metas in prep for Brainiac’s arrival, while scheming to somehow off Superman too.

Since WBD only greenlit two seasons, if MAWS doesn’t get any more that would allow them to tell one complete overall story with Brainiac as the big bad.
    I think we're for sure going to see Brainiac and the Lara AI Show up since they're in the Opening and I don't think Clark fighting the Suicide Squad will take the entire finale, whether they resolve everything is another question because, yeah, they have a lot to address (Krypton, Clark's full powers, Brainiac, Zero Day, etc.)

Incredible Member

This two last episodes have been much stronger than the first three ones. The comedy lands better and there's a lot more balance and intrigue.

I wonder if Alex is gonna be Lex Luthor, I'm surprising rooting for that to be true.

My guess is that the Suicide Squad is preparing themselves for what they think is an impending Kryptonian invasion (Lane clearly knows more about Superman than Supes himself and they seem to be legitimately worried about somethign).

Lara AI is the Season 1 finale Big Bad in which Clark discovers his origins, and she's revealed to be Brainiac's lackey/creation in the finale, to set him up as the S2 antagonist.