Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    We're four episodes in with the kids and My Adventures with Superman is most definitely a hit with them and my appreciation for the show has only grown now that I'm no longer expecting it to be what I wanted it to be, instead of what it is.
    Out of curiosity, what kind of show were you expecting it to be?

Feels full circle to bring the Newskid Legion back into the fold to help the main trio out.

Poor Clark. He doesn't deserve getting chained up and tortured like this. Especially from his future father-in-law. Although maybe that tracks...

The irony that Sam Lane seemed to be more family man than soldier before he became so obsessed with stopping the Kryptonian Invasion that he sacrificed his relationship with his family, especially Lois. Whom Superman reminds him of?

Well, they're straight up showing people die so...Adult Swim appropriate!

Okay, that looks pretty bad, like they Kryptonians really were invading Earth before the planet blew up and Clark was like some kind of harbinger...but maybe it's more complicated than that. We never actually saw a face behind that helmet, could Brainiac have been leading an invasion of Earth after Krypton was finished? Or were the Kryptonians making a last ditch effort to find a home before the planet blew up? But Lara and Jor-El seemed like they would've been on those ships if that was the case instead of rocketing their son in a last desperate effort. Honestly the only way we're going to get any real answers is probably Clark talking to the Jor-El AI.

Buff Amanda Waller! And in the present-day she's still as dangerous and extreme as ever, basically screwing Sam over so she could release the Revenge Squad and make a mess so she could be put in charge. Though seems like Livewire was planning her escape the whole time.

I didn't expect Ivo to turn into the "absolutely obsessed with killing Superman villain," but okay. And we finally get full Kaiju Parasite.

Why didn't Slade use his suit against the prisoners? Maybe he would've kept his eye. Didn't expect Livewire to be the one to take it from him. Unless it was part of the "show" and Slade was working for Waller...I wonder if they recaptured the prisoners or if they're all out in the wind?

I respect Lois' restraint to not introduce herself as Superman's girlfriend, but good speech to rally the people of Metropolis around Superman again and give him an edge against Parasite. Though of course "Alex" still isn't convinced.

Wait, did I see Lana in one of the handles on Jimmy's Flamebird channel?

Never expected to see X-Ray Vision used to beat Parasite, but nice to finally see it. I'm guessing he'll unlock Super Breath/Freeze Breath in the finale.

Aw, they mutually said "I love you"! And passionately kissed in the sky! I hope nobody saw that...

How is Jimmy going to react to the evil Supermen? Immediately tell Clark? Is this how the Kryptonite gets loose in the wind?

So, making General Lane execute Superman personally? Just by himself? Or with Slade? Or with the re-formed Task Force X?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well Livewire now has superpowers, hopefully her skin turns blue soon enough. Hell with the Squaddies now having their full equipment, hopefully this means they'll finally start adding some drip to their costumes.

Its funny to think Waller and Lane spending all this time preparing for a Kryptonian invasion when if the latter has indeed been conquered by Brainiac then all their preparations has been even more in vain, as the real threat is something far worse.

Ya know since the multiverse is a thing here hopefully Superman can find out that Kryptonians are largely a planet of scientists and scholars. Even if it doesn't apply to his Kryptonians he can probably feels some kind of relief knowing that there exists a good version of his kind.

Newskid Legion returning to help save Superman? Hell yeah man, love me some Kirby characters. Oh goodie Clark's being tortured, love me some war crimes too (I unironically am a fan of Clark getting captured and tortured by the military in his early years New 52 style, I think that sets a nice base for his relationship with the military/Lex). Alright we're finally getting the General's backstory. "Sam" - FINALLY YES IT'S SAM LANE.

The Kryptonian robots (Eradicators?) are pretty cool. Think this is the first cartoon that is going with the Kryptonians as conquerors, I know people will say they're ripping off the Viltrimites or the Sayians and they might be right, but it's not the first time ever that the Kryptonians have been portrayed this way. Kurt Busiek and Geoff Johns had imperialist Kryptonians during their Superman/Action runs in Up, Up, and Away. Shit poor Clark. He's going to find out he's the Last Son of Krypton and also Krypton fucking sucked.

Lmao Parasite. I love how this Parasite is one of those YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM MEEEEEE bad guys with zero ability to take responsibility for his actions. I prefer my Parasites to be evil bastards who are not sympathetic at all, I think it works better with his powerset being that he eats people. Oooo looks Livewire is either a meta or has access to her powers without the tech. God Waller is such a bitch, that never changes, and so is Livewire. Laughing at Parasite screaming that Superman "cheated" last time, God I love a good manically evil baddie. My guess is that this time Ivo is going to mutate himself just like Livewire to the point he won't need the tech (if he survives going full kaiju).

Lol Lois almost said she's Superman's Girlfriend. Enjoyed Lois and Jimmy giving the inspirational speech and helping Supes by getting everyone to cut the power. Was hoping to see Clark smack Ivo around a little bit before taking him down, and it looks like Ivo is still human. Aw they get the official kiss. Oh damn Jimmy found the holograms, guessing he'll show them to Clark next episode. Well everyone complaining about Slade having two eyes should be happy, looks like Livewire fried one of them. Damn, I'm kind of surprised that they held off on Sam and Lois meeting until the season finale next episode.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hey I recognize that symbol!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Swiss army nerd

Something I appreciate about this Superman is that he never goes all out, never tries to hurt. They've went to real effort in this two parter to show that Clark was already exhausted when Task Force X narrowly beat him, and that he was exhausted through torture and red sunlight when he fought Kaiju parasite.

All this is to say that when he finally does cut loose, one expects in the season finale, it's going to be epic.

Also, this episode felt like a turning point for Clark as he wrestled with his identity. Farmboy, alien, weapon...all ends with "Don't you read the paper? I'm Superman." And by "read the paper" you can easily substitute in "see me how Lois sees me", because that's all he needs.

I'm gonna say there were no Kryptonians on earth at all on Zero Day - all Brainiac, possibly trying to use Krypton and Kryptonian technology as a staging post to get to earth. Maybe he assimilates tech, hence the kryptonian-style figure blasting what looked like heat vision. Or maybe Jor-El opened the portal to send Clark through as Krypton was about to blow, then Brainiac kinda wedged it open so his forces could escape too?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey I recognize that symbol!

Ohohoho I did not notice that symbol.

Well that confirms who's in charge alright.

Parasyte being a giant monster is something that we should just expect now? First Superman: Man of Tomorrow and now My Adventures with Superman.

Funnily enough Superman: Man of Tomorrow was released August 23, 2020 and this episode of MAwS was released August 24, 2023.

Anyways, overall i enjoyed the episode. Is this the season finale? It kinda felt like it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

NewEnjoyable episode. I like the seemingly changed Kryptonians trying to conquer Earth. Though the music kind of made the scene less dramatic ty it could've been.

Slade now misses an eye, courtesy of a newly powered Livewire. Villain on Villain crime...gotta love it.

I'm never a fan of the "city takes charge and helps hero save the day" so i rolled my eyes at the Jimmy communicating w/all of Metropolis but could've been worse.

They've moved at a good pace w/Clark & Lois that I'm getting antsy about finding out more about the Kryptonians that is moving very slowly.

10 episode seasons are going to be hard

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Something I appreciate about this Superman is that he never goes all out, never tries to hurt. They've went to real effort in this two parter to show that Clark was already exhausted when Task Force X narrowly beat him, and that he was exhausted through torture and red sunlight when he fought Kaiju parasite.

All this is to say that when he finally does cut loose, one expects in the season finale, it's going to be epic.

Also, this episode felt like a turning point for Clark as he wrestled with his identity. Farmboy, alien, weapon...all ends with "Don't you read the paper? I'm Superman." And by "read the paper" you can easily substitute in "see me how Lois sees me", because that's all he needs.

I'm gonna say there were no Kryptonians on earth at all on Zero Day - all Brainiac, possibly trying to use Krypton and Kryptonian technology as a staging post to get to earth. Maybe he assimilates tech, hence the kryptonian-style figure blasting what looked like heat vision. Or maybe Jor-El opened the portal to send Clark through as Krypton was about to blow, then Brainiac kinda wedged it open so his forces could escape too?
    I'm expecting the day to be saved by Freeze Breath .

Yeah, I don't think the picture of Zero Day is quite what it looked like. Even the "Kryptonian" figure that was in the portal doesn't make sense because I doubt it could feel the power of the Yellow Sun through the portal yet it was flying and shooting like it had it's powers, so it was probably a Brainiac robot.

And it just feels weird that there would be like an invasion when the planet is in the middle of blowing up. Like, wouldn't all the citizens have used those ships to evacuate? Why would the El's still be on the planet? I think Brainiac did something to Krypton and then turned his attention to Earth but the explosion threw him off.

Also it just feels like they're trying to paint a specific picture of Kryptonians without Clark being able to confirm it one way or another, which makes it more necessary for him to get the truth from Jor-El.

Another kaiju Parasite, hmmm.

I liked the climax to the battle. It's how the common folk are supposed to help Superman, not jumping in guns blazing. I missed the symbol on the robots the first time so I'm glad I read this thread.

So what's for me to gripe about this time? It's in movie timeline storytelling mode, already using the "L" word. Way too soon for that. I can't imagine they're going to give us all the answers to Superman's origin. It feels like they're taking their time to tell the overarching plot (which is good) but they put the romance on the fast track (which feels insincere). Also not sure why they are really, really dragging out the General's full identity. Just when you take into account the tempo of how some story beats unfold with the others, it's funny to wonder what they're prioritizing in case this show doesn't get a second season.

EDIT: To be clear, I think 100% we get the full reveal of General Sam LANE in the finale.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 08-25-2023 at 10:23 AM.

Given the show’s trend of radical redesigns, this could be Brainiac or Zod. I’ll be honest, I’m not feeling it as a Brainiac design but as a Zod design it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Parasyte being a giant monster is something that we should just expect now? First Superman: Man of Tomorrow and now My Adventures with Superman.

Funnily enough Superman: Man of Tomorrow was released August 23, 2020 and this episode of MAwS was released August 24, 2023.

Anyways, overall i enjoyed the episode. Is this the season finale? It kinda felt like it.
    Nope there’s one more episode to go. It looks like General Sam Lane and Task Force X are going to attack the Kent farm next episode per the synopsis.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I was also thinking that was Zod in that Kryptonian armor and he attacked Earth without authorization from Krypton resulting to being sent to the Phantom Zone.

Since Task Force X is attacking the Kent game next episode, I’m hoping either Jonathan or Martha bite it during their attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

I liked the climax to the battle. It's how the common folk are supposed to help Superman, not jumping in guns blazing. I missed the symbol on the robots the first time so I'm glad I read this thread.

So what's for me to gripe about this time? It's in movie timeline storytelling mode, already using the "L" word. Way too soon for that. I can't imagine they're going to give us all the answers to Superman's origin. It feels like they're taking their time to tell the overarching plot (which is good) but they put the romance on the fast track (which feels insincere). Also not sure why they are really, really dragging out the General's full identity. Just when you take into account the tempo of how some story beats unfold with the others, it's funny to wonder what they're prioritizing in case this show doesn't get a second season.

EDIT: To be clear, I think 100% we get the full reveal of General Sam LANE in the finale.
    It’s getting a second season (unless Zaslav cancels it) since WBD already ordered two seasons and they’re already working on the second season. Clear at this point that they’re not doing season by season arcs, S1 is going to lead directly into S2. S1 had Sam Lane and Waller as the Big Bads, and that might continue into S2. Right now Sam is having second thoughts about Superman, but if he sees that recording that both Jimmy and Lois have now seen, he could easily revert to attack dog mode. Since he’s finally coming face to face with Lois next episode, my prediction is that he will see the recording and it will renew his fear of Superman, and he will take the kryptonite back to Task Force X. Then in S2 he and Waller will create Metallo (maybe Lex will help), which will lead into the S2 finale being Superman vs. Brainiac and Metallo.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

I definitely feel like they dragged the reveal about Sam for too long.

And Clark and Lois have been together for...what, a month? I don't have a firm timeframe for the show.

Given the show’s trend of radical redesigns, this could be Brainiac or Zod. I’ll be honest, I’m not feeling it as a Brainiac design but as a Zod design it could work.
    I don't think that's an actual Kryptonian. They were flying in the portal and I doubt they were feeling the effect of the Yellow Sun through the portal. It might be the prototype for AI Lara.
    Nope there’s one more episode to go. It looks like General Sam Lane and Task Force X are going to attack the Kent farm next episode per the synopsis.
    Isn't Task Force X basically him and Slade at this point ?
    Since Task Force X is attacking the Kent game next episode, I’m hoping either Jonathan or Martha bite it during their attack.
    This really doesn't feel like a show that would kill off the Kents to me. At least now.
    It’s getting a second season (unless Zaslav cancels it) since WBD already ordered two seasons and they’re already working on the second season. Clear at this point that they’re not doing season by season arcs, S1 is going to lead directly into S2. S1 had Sam Lane and Waller as the Big Bads, and that might continue into S2. Right now Sam is having second thoughts about Superman, but if he sees that recording that both Jimmy and Lois have now seen, he could easily revert to attack dog mode. Since he’s finally coming face to face with Lois next episode, my prediction is that he will see the recording and it will renew his fear of Superman, and he will take the kryptonite back to Task Force X. Then in S2 he and Waller will create Metallo (maybe Lex will help), which will lead into the S2 finale being Superman vs. Brainiac and Metallo.
    I think there's a chance that season 2 will still have the military as antagonists but I think they're going to resolve the Sam thing in the finale with how much they've dragged it out.