Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I laughed out loud when they added the head flip to Superman's "mahou shoujo" suit up scene.

Recall the TT transformation.

I fully expect them to bring back WW's spin transformation next.
    I have not been able to see the chapters, only a small video with the transformation, but it does not transmit power or anything, it is a boy showing his feminine side. I clarify that I have nothing against it, but it is not something you expect from a Superman transformation.

Show got off to a bad start when I saw that Smallville and Metropolis are within 200 miles of one another. I'm firmly entrenched in the Smallville is in Kansas, Metropolis is on the East Coast camp. Making them a 2.5 hour drive from one another makes the world smaller and smaller, but whatever, small detail.

Appreciate the love for the Zelda video game franchise. The best Easter Egg since JL Action's subtle tribute to Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Perry White reminds me of Jeffrey Wright's Gordon than Laurence Fishburne's Perry.

LOL, what's the worst that can happen from dating a coworker? Don't give the young kids watching any bad ideas!

"Why would you use the robots?!" I love how that line kind of sets up how the villains' scheme was incredibly dumb, but there's an action sequence that needs to be set up.

Really, a lot of small details about this how kind of bug me, but it's funny and has charm. I like it. I love how he breaks everything accidentally. It's one of those things that Superman TV and movies should emphasize more. I also like the general tone, and the path set for a growing Superman instead of one who plateaus from episode one to the finale. Also, I'm almost certain we're going to get a payoff for Clark's hiding secrets from the "team."

Looking forward to the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    MAX not promoting it at all on their front page....come on now. I had to actually search for the show.
    Hmmm, I got it on my splash page. I wonder everyone's home page is different.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 07-07-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Ouch. I wanted to love this but I didn't enjoy it very much.

Just finished the first episode and I freaking love it thus far. Clark and Jimmy being roommates is what I’ve wanted since the New 52, so happy that this show has that. Lois and Clark are so cute together it’s painful, Alice Lee is absolutely going to become my favorite animated Lois if she gets a long enough tenure in the role. Clark’s first “superheroic” being a fight with robots felt like a homage to the Fleschier “Mechanical Men”, I dug how he was actually getting beat up and bruised here until he had his anime power up fueled by love. Metropolis seems pretty advanced in general, even a newspaper editor like Perry and an intern like Lois has holographic tech, reminds me of the New 52 Daily Planet.

Oh and Lois having to deal with her counterpart in the Newskid Legion was hilarious, I hope we get more of them because they’re great. On to the next episode!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

was very good to watch wonder how long Clark can keep the superman secret from Lois. Liking their dynamic so far. They gave superman a transformation scene lol. Also didnt realize that was DeathStroke he is so young and feels out of place her for some reason.
    Last edited by Jman27; 07-07-2023 at 01:28 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The Robots were very Evangelion-inspired of course, although the visors/power source/Quadroped seem more like Gundam (Well, at least SEED on that last one).

Lasers coming out of hands though, that's pretty much pure Marvel with Sentinels and Iron Man.

Funny thing is, one of the most classic robots in anime actually seems to have been inspired by the Fleischer Superman cartoons-the robot from Laputa (Which later had a homage in BTAS to boot) has very similar animation with long arms that turn into wings although it looks kind different.

Full circle it seems.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I watched the two episodes and I don't like the tone of the show. Lois being a comic relief with Clark acting as her straight man is not a dynamic I like. If she did to mess with him it would have been great but not like this.

Jimmy is a moron. I can tell I'm going to be annoyed with this incarnation of Jimmy if too dumb to live moments become a frequent occurrence for him.

I liked all the Easter eggs. The news kid legion, Amazo tech, flame bird as Jimmy's Twitter handle.

These episodes were mid. I'm hoping the characters get less annoying as the series goes on

Finished the second episode! It’s funny that Leslie seems to be in the process of turning blue, maybe we might get a more traditional design for her by the second season after all. Love the music in the Fortress, it’s a very “alien” theme, and Jor not being able to speak English at first is a take that I hope becomes more commonplace. Adds to the mystery of Clark figuring out his origins. Deathstroke is widely out of place here, but him being the embodiment of every anime villain cliche is hilarious. Half expected him to tell Leslie “all according to keikaku”. Hope that next season we can get Bloodsport, he would be a better fit with the tech focus of the show anyway.

Perry isn’t a Jonah clone which is appreciated, and his exasperation with Lois, Clark, and Jimmy makes for some funny moments. Perry is usually just walk dressing so this take here is probably going to end up being my favorite. Lois is going to tear his throat out after he gave credit for the Superman story to other people however

Oh and I loved the bit where Clark tells Livewire he’s not trying to hurt her, he’s trying to help her. At this point I’m satisfied that the people involved understand the basics of how Superman works.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-07-2023 at 02:06 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Adult Swim uploaded the first episode on their official Youtube channel.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Watched both episodes, it's a cute show. I'll be back for more. Sometimes things don't need to be analyzed to death, this is one of them.

Quick moving plot, quick animation, endearing voice work. Martha worrying about Clark becoming different was heartfelt, and I enjoyed how they blended the ideas of "Kryptonian suit" and "homemade suit". That was a nice compromise.

Good stuff! Not deep, but fun. Which is what it should be, in my opinion. Outside of S&L, the last decade+ of Superman content has been much too serious, they forgot to have fun along the way.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I liked it.
    -The characters are cute.
    -The soundtrack was really good. (surprised no one mentioned that)

I kinda wish the fight scenes were animated with a little more umph like the studio did with Korra but it does what it needs too.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I liked it more than I thought I would, storywise. The supporting characters are appropriately goofy and snarky by turns, as is Clark. The villains are coming off as determined if nothing else (Leslie Willis really needs better henchmen).

The character designs are nice (cool, interesting look for Jor-El), the animation style works for me, and the fight scenes were thankfully easy to follow.

I also liked Ma Kent adding to Clark’s costume, combining both the classic version of how it comes to be, and the more modern version of how the costume is a Kryptonian uniform of some type.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Show got off to a bad start when I saw that Smallville and Metropolis are within 200 miles of one another. I'm firmly entrenched in the Smallville is in Kansas, Metropolis is on the East Coast camp. Making them a 2.5 hour drive from one another makes the world smaller and smaller, but whatever, small detail.
    That stuck out to me, too, but actually immediately made me remember something I wouldn't have expected this show to evoke: I consider Secret Origin #1 (1986) to be a virtually perfect comic. I like the east coast idea but overall I dig this Superman tapestry.

Maybe I should have watched that other show if they were cultured enough to nod Alpha 2
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Gotta be General Sam Lane right? Aw yeah I’m stoked to have him as a bad guy here. Can’t wait for the awkward dinner where Lois brings Clark over to meet her folks . I would love an MCU Vulture-esque scene where Sam realizes who Clark is and threatens him to either quit being Superman or else.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I liked it.
    -The characters are cute.
    -The soundtrack was really good. (surprised no one mentioned that)

I kinda wish the fight scenes were animated with a little more umph like the studio did with Korra but it does what it needs too.
    I did regarding the Fortress of Solitude! . Great soundtrack overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I liked it more than I thought I would, storywise. The supporting characters are appropriately goofy and snarky by turns, as is Clark. The villains are coming off as determined if nothing else (Leslie Willis really needs better henchmen).

The character designs are nice (cool, interesting look for Jor-El), the animation style works for me, and the fight scenes were thankfully easy to follow.

I also liked Ma Kent adding to Clark’s costume, combining both the classic version of how it comes to be, and the more modern version of how the costume is a Kryptonian uniform of some type.
    The base suit being Kryptonian nanotech and Ma adding some adjustments is a great way of balancing the two traditional backstories for where Clark gets the suit.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The show really does go pretty heavy on the black armor utilitarian approach for the villains.

Hopefully we get more supervillains with more colorful soon.