Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was a very fun episode! Loved seeing the cameos of other animated Lois', just wish STAS Lois also showed up in the file and maybe having the Lois army vary a bit more in design but great callbacks nonetheless!

Of course Clark and Lois can't go on a normal date the two weirdoes, they gotta plan the whole thing out. "Superman I'm Mxyztplk an interdimensional peacekeeper and I need your help!" "...No." Lol this Clark is ahead of the game when it comes to dealing with Mxy! Absolutely perfect that Mxy shows up right as Clark and Lois are about to go on their first date, nothing this guy loves more than giving Clark grief. Haha I loved when Mxy changed Clark into his alternate animated versions.

Wait is Dana Delaney voicing one of the Loises? I'm not sure but it kinda sounds like her! Fleschier Lois! All of this is almost certainly a Mxy trick, but it's cool all the same. Awww not even Jimmy's alternate counterpart gives him any respect. Ok if Mxy created the Loises as a 5D chess move to prank everyone I give him credit for sheer ambition, creating a fake task force to hunt him. Huh lotta Easter eggs, the T-spheres, a Mother Box, Hawkman/girl's mace - Dr. Fate's helmet!

Mxy being the one to tell Clark where he comes from is hilarious. After all the hand-wringing over this Mxy I really dig this take on him. He's such a smug dick who gets around by playing tricks, that's Mxy to a y. Good to see Jimmy and Janie(?) bond over being Flamebirds (though I wouldn't let Comet around any women... ever). Heh it's funny how people were complaining about MAWS Lois not being the star reporter she "usually" is, and here we see Lois bothered by the same thing. And we get another reference to Lois dad, if you can't see where this is going I dunno what to tell you.

Ok fine Loises can have a little kryptonite as a treat. Since these Loises all don't have Clarks AND are seemingly on good terms with their dads, I'm going to make a prediction: their Clarks turned on Earth/humanity and helped Brainiac. "Participation trophy Lois" lmaoooooooo. The thing Mxy was missing that curbed his power levels... was his hat? Yeah this is the best Mxy ever. Clark and Lois having a heart to heart while Mxy tries to kill everyone else is both cute and annoying. C'mon Clark, deal with the 5D imp first! Least Jimmy has his priorities straight.

Defeating Mxy with a trick, perfect. Yeah I figured the reveal was that not every Clark out there was good. Looks like one of them was Justice Lord Superman. Heh Mxy is out before the day is even over. Great episode, probably my favorite one thus far of the show, and Mxy is an exception to the weak villains. They nailed who he is and how he works.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of course Clark and Lois can't go on a normal date the two weirdoes, they gotta plan the whole thing out. "Superman I'm Mxyztplk an interdimensional peacekeeper and I need your help!" "...No." Lol this Clark is ahead of the game when it comes to dealing with Mxy! Absolutely perfect that Mxy shows up right as Clark and Lois are about to go on their first date, nothing this guy loves more than giving Clark grief. Haha I loved when Mxy changed Clark into his alternate animated versions.
    It was the most Mxyzptlk introduction ever.
    Wait is Dana Delaney voicing one of the Loises? I'm not sure but it kinda sounds like her! Fleschier Lois! All of this is almost certainly a Mxy trick, but it's cool all the same. Awww not even Jimmy's alternate counterpart gives him any respect. Ok if Mxy created the Loises as a 5D chess move to prank everyone I give him credit for sheer ambition, creating a fake task force to hunt him. Huh lotta Easter eggs, the T-spheres, a Mother Box, Hawkman/girl's mace - Dr. Fate's helmet!
    It's kind of funny how Lois' dragging Jimmies into stuff is a universal constant. I wonder what the Jimmy's would think of them as a redhead ?
    Mxy being the one to tell Clark where he comes from is hilarious. After all the hand-wringing over this Mxy I really dig this take on him. He's such a smug dick who gets around by playing tricks, that's Mxy to a y. Good to see Jimmy and Janie(?) bond over being Flamebirds (though I wouldn't let Comet around any women... ever). Heh it's funny how people were complaining about MAWS Lois not being the star reporter she "usually" is, and here we see Lois bothered by the same thing. And we get another reference to Lois dad, if you can't see where this is going I dunno what to tell you.
    He was pretty much picture perfect Mxy, especially when they revealed that this was all a plot for him to get his full powers back. That's better than just stealing a bunch of DC memorabilia.

It is kind of the main thrust of the show that neither Clark or Lois are quite at the level we're used to seeing them at along with their developing relationship. Jimmy is pretty much just Jimmy which I guess is part of why he's so self-assured and confident in himself.

Oh yeah, they cut out her dad in the newspaper clipping picture so as to not spoil the obvious surprise.
    Ok fine Loises can have a little kryptonite as a treat. Since these Loises all don't have Clarks AND are seemingly on good terms with their dads, I'm going to make a prediction: their Clarks turned on Earth/humanity and helped Brainiac. "Participation trophy Lois" lmaoooooooo. The thing Mxy was missing that curbed his power levels... was his hat? Yeah this is the best Mxy ever. Clark and Lois having a heart to heart while Mxy tries to kill everyone else is both cute and annoying. C'mon Clark, deal with the 5D imp first! Least Jimmy has his priorities straight.
    I think the implication was that the Superman's we saw in the videos were meant to be their respective Superman's who went evil. But I feel like there had to be a more organic way of introducing suspicion of Superman into Lois' head so we didn't have to use a Multiversal cheat of some Supermen being evil.

I wonder if having easily removable headwear is a better weakness than being forced to say his name backwards. I guess it's easier to write around.
    Defeating Mxy with a trick, perfect. Yeah I figured the reveal was that not every Clark out there was good. Looks like one of them was Justice Lord Superman. Heh Mxy is out before the day is even over. Great episode, probably my favorite one thus far of the show, and Mxy is an exception to the weak villains. They nailed who he is and how he works.
    I just wish Clark had been the one to come up with how to trick Mxy. That's kind of his whole thing. I get the show wants Lois and Jimmy to feel important but sometimes it feels like it's undercutting Superman who already is getting beat up practically every episode.

If I had to rank the villains I'd say Mxy and Parasite were the best, and they didn't even change Mxy up that much beyond his design.

But Clark was the one who tricked Mxy. He outright says he was playing a trick, it’s clear that he was luring Mxy into position for Lois and Jimmy to help. Wasn’t like Lois or Jimmy was ordering him around, Clark was the one who used his brains to beat Mxy.

Those Supermen could have just been guys who went evil for various reasons, but I’m betting that the show is going to connect them to this Clark. We know AI Lara is coming, I bet this show is going to take a page from Invincible and have Lara show up and tell Clark he has to subdue Earth for the Kryptonian Empire. Same deal as what Omni-Man told Mark was his destiny, and just like Mark, Clark will reject that and fight to protect Earth. Only difference is those other Supermen agreed to do Brainiac’s bidding.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mxyzptlk!?

Last edited by Pinsir; 08-11-2023 at 11:44 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

https://twitter.com/jakewyattriot/st...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Loved Mxy’s “chaos god” form when he literally opened his third eye

Mighty Member

Loved how Clark and Lois used flow charts to plan their date.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    But Clark was the one who tricked Mxy. He outright says he was playing a trick, it’s clear that he was luring Mxy into position for Lois and Jimmy to help. Wasn’t like Lois or Jimmy was ordering him around, Clark was the one who used his brains to beat Mxy.

Those Supermen could have just been guys who went evil for various reasons, but I’m betting that the show is going to connect them to this Clark. We know AI Lara is coming, I bet this show is going to take a page from Invincible and have Lara show up and tell Clark he has to subdue Earth for the Kryptonian Empire. Same deal as what Omni-Man told Mark was his destiny, and just like Mark, Clark will reject that and fight to protect Earth. Only difference is those other Supermen agreed to do Brainiac’s bidding.
    Lois is the one who came up with the plan, though, it seemed like Clark was just doing what she told him to do.

I just feel like with the whole "Zero Day" thing they could have ample reason to make Lois question Clark without resorting to the AU Evil Supermen shtick. I guess for plot reasons they also needed Lois to have Kryptonite.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have no complaints about this episode. I loved it. I knew I can count on Mxy to deliver. The insane amount of references in this episode is a delight. I will have to watch this multiple times to catch them. The physic horse is the same one from the old Supergirl comics, right? That's where my mind went when the variant Jimmy brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have no complaints about this episode. I loved it. I knew I can count on Mxy to deliver. The insane amount of references in this episode is a delight. I will have to watch this multiple times to catch them. The physic horse is the same one from the old Supergirl comics, right? That's where my mind went when the variant Jimmy brought it up.
    I'm pretty sure that was meant to be Comet.

I'm half-surprised nobody name-dropped Supergirl .

Another great episode but i'm still a little iffy on how fast pace they're speedrunning Clark and Lois's relationship. At this rate I'd put money down on him proposing in the finale. I really want an episode focused on Clark and Jimmy, I'm really curious how long they've been best friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Poor Lois. She's the only Lois without a pullitzer (and she's also 23 so one year older than Clark?).
    !
    i was just thinking the other day that this is the first Superman thats gen Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lois is the one who came up with the plan, though, it seemed like Clark was just doing what she told him to do.

I just feel like with the whole "Zero Day" thing they could have ample reason to make Lois question Clark without resorting to the AU Evil Supermen shtick. I guess for plot reasons they also needed Lois to have Kryptonite.
    While I’d prefer to move away from the Evil Superman schtick myself, as Opaque pointed out this is the first Gen Z Superman. What has Gen Z grown up with in regards to Supes? The DCAU, the Snyderverse, and Injustice. All revolving around evil Supermen, and we have that crappy looking Suicide Squad game coming too. S&L and MAWS are at least tackling the fact that we’ve seen so many Supermen go bad by going “here’s how real Superman is different from those guys, he doesn’t break.” It’s a good counterbalance to garbage like Injustice and the DCEU trying to sell a broken Superman as the “default”.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Another great episode but i'm still a little iffy on how fast pace they're speedrunning Clark and Lois's relationship. At this rate I'd put money down on him proposing in the finale. I really want an episode focused on Clark and Jimmy, I'm really curious how long they've been best friends.

i was just thinking the other day that this is the first Superman thats gen Z.
    Yeah we desperately need a Jimmy episode that focuses on him and Clark being bros. I want to see how they met in college!

fun episode im just waiting for him to learn about Krypton
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

This is the most instantly, mutually in love version of Clark and Lois I think I've ever seen, and I love it! No beating around the bush, let's get straight to it. And I believe this is the first Superman series since Lois & Clark that seems to be driven mostly by their romance and I love that too. They're adorable on this.

I love this show

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So we now have kryptonite, though at the moment just a little shard.

Wonder when the main source is coming in, Metallo needs enough for that heart after all.