Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Default My Adventures With Superman S1: Spoilers & Discussion

At long last, a start for the show is in sight! I figured we should make a new thread because the other one also has a bunch of leaks that are unspoiled. My mindset on how to handle that is that spoilers for episodes that are out can be unmarked, but any info from the leaks should probably be tagged with spoilers.

Episodes will also stream every Friday on Max, and re-air on Adult Swim Fridays at 7/6c and on Toonami Saturdays at midnight.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Will be the first time I've checked into Adult Swim/Cartoon Network since Dragon Ball Super aired in English.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Bumping because the posts will only get closer and closer in proximity to the release time, so anyone checking might as well start talking about the actual show
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

seriously the transformation thing was necessary, at least he didn't change gender and he continued to be a man.

I appreciate the inclusion of the Newsboys Legion, which I guess is now the Newskids Legion.

jamesolsen14.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Alright finally aired.

Good stuff, animation is great, good action, and the characters are all well-established. I can see the shonen progression here, the big moments where Clark realizes something in the action feels like he's doing some classic KI activation/battle aura stuff. Plus you can tell how green he is because he is actively struggling in the fights from a combination of lack of experience and still discovering how far his powers go. Should be great seeing him steadily become stronger and a better hero as the show goes on.

And for the concerns over the villain's design like Livewire, spoilers:
    she's already on her way to getting her iconic blue look. They did the classic "Equipment malfunctions and horribly changes your body" bit. By the second episodes end Livewire has blowing blue veins and was pretty much in the process of changing when her suit was going haywire. So she should be well on her way to going blue soon.
    end of spoilers

Also does anyone know who the baton guy is? Is he a supervillain from the comics? Edit: Wait found out thats Deathstroke, which wow thats an extreme reinvention even for this show.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 07-07-2023 at 05:51 AM.

Forgot this was dropping, I gotta check this out soon.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

All-New Member

Could only watch the 1st episode on the adultswim site so i can only comment on that but this was one of the weirder pilots i've ever seen. I felt like we just jumped into the plot without really getting a strong feel for the characters, it felt too rushed for my tastes.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's quick and simplified which is generally just fine for a cartoon, except I have to wonder about the demographic. A midnight Adult Swim run? Kinda weird.

In general the first episode seems like a well thought out update with the exception of Perry being so similar to Live wire's henchman. The main trio idea is sort of under explored and I'm glad the first episode skipped any sort of origin/explanation
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It's quick and simplified which is generally just fine for a cartoon, except I have to wonder about the demographic. A midnight Adult Swim run? Kinda weird.

In general the first episode seems like a well thought out update with the exception of Perry being so similar to Live wire's henchman. The main trio idea is sort of under explored and I'm glad the first episode skipped any sort of origin/explanation
    I agree, this definitely should have been on regular Cartoon Network.

Zehra Fazal is the voice of Livewire for MAWS

Looking forward to watching this after work!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I watched the first two episodes on HBO Max and i really liked. The main trio is cool, Lois and Clark are cute and i like the design for Superman.

Hopefully they upgrade Leslie design to be more like what she regularly looks cause the current one is kinda weird.

The animation is 100% better than what they did for the last two seasons of YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Wait, i thought this was a regular cartoon for kids, since every bad guy has a laser gun, instead of a regular gun.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    seriously the transformation thing was necessary, at least he didn't change gender and he continued to be a man.
    I laughed out loud when they added the head flip to Superman's "mahou shoujo" suit up scene.

Recall the TT transformation.

I fully expect them to bring back WW's spin transformation next.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 07-07-2023 at 08:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

NewJust finished it and enjoyed it. Certainly a fresh take on SM which goes well with S&L fresh take on the characters as well.

It'll take some getting used to having Lois be on the same level as Clark/Jimmy as opposed to being the successful one already.

Jor-El being this super looking guy...not my favorite but i didn't totally hate it. I defend don't think they'll be able to surpass STAS rendition of Kryptonians.

Wish Jimmy was a dark red head and Perry was grey/white. But i like Jimmys overall design and characteristics (Lois probably having the least interesting design)

I'm assuming that this is sort of Livewires origin to fully becoming something closer to her usual design?

Saw that Amazo easter egg and already setting up Waller & co. Was nice.

MAX not promoting it at all on their front page....come on now. I had to actually search for the show.