Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "They will kneel" - I know they're trying to fool people into thinking that's Zod, but if you read the credits the "Kryptonian Warrior" was voiced by Kari Wahlgren. That's AI Lara. Kari Wahlgren is voicing both of Superman's moms. Apparently she got beefier in 22 years.
    Ohohoho so the horned guy is indeed Brainiac.

Damn thats a good mislead, funny to think that Clark was saved by his birth father but will eventually have to do battle with his birth mother.

Unfortunate that Brainiac doesn't seem to be a skull guy here, he has more of an appreciation for brutalist structures and angles from the looks of it.

Ah and we end where we began: the cornfields of Kansas. Yeah Clark definitely isn't going to take seeing that vid Lois is keeping secret well. I loved that theme song, hope it's Brainiac's. Oh shit Jor-El does know how to speak English! I love the aesthetics of the Fortress, been playing Dishonored and finally realized that this Fortress reminds me of the Void.

Comfy Thanksgiving clothes. God I still badly want a Clark/Jimmy episode that focuses on their friendship, I love how strong their bond is portrayed here but it just keeps ending up playing second fiddle to the Clois romance. Heh usually they put up a statue of Superman, Parasite leaving a Kaiju stone corpse is new. Keeping the data sphere a secret from Clark is going to backfire so bad. Lmao "you guys fucking suck at being interns so I graduate you to reporters early", Perry rules man. Oh boy I hope we're getting something like what Matt Fraction did where Jimmy runs Flamebird as an official Daily Planet streaming channel.

Ayyy I saw that pic of Clark and Lana! YES YES CLARK AND SAM'S FINALLY MEET AND IT'S JUST LIKE THAT MCU PETER/VULTURE SCENE WHERE PETER REALIZES HIS CRUSH'S DAD IS VULTURE HAHAHAHA. God the long cockteasing finally pays off. Yeah Sam is just a huge dick here and it's great. Clark's clinging to his glasses for dear life. Man MAWS Pa is such an oddball, didn't really realize that until this episode since he hadn't shown up much.

Thank you Jimmy for putting your foot down and refusing to be the middleman for Clark and Lois again. Ah and the secret is finally out for Clark. Christ that's one hell of a reaction to Kryptonite - OH SHIT BRAINIAC! Damn Kryptonite fucks up even Kryptonian technology badly. Clark saved the day and stopped the ship, but now I expect that entire debris is full of Kryptonite that Waller and Task Force X can use against Superman. Sam's still in a wild card phase where he hasn't been convinced Superman isn't a threat, but he also spared Supes once because his daughter begged him to. Was surprised that he didn't learn Clark's secret, thought that was for sure going to happen. Heh so we did get something similar to Fraction with Jimmy being rich now and maybe continuing to do Flamebird for the Daily Planet.

Solid finale, my only complaint is that it's weird they still haven't told us what happened with Zero Day or to Krypton. Seems like that will remain an ongoing concern for S2 which has Brainiac and Zod (or is it AI Lara?) as the Big Bad duo. If it's Lara oh man that leak spoiled the big twist for S2 lmao. Brainiac's design... is pretty eh, reminds me of the Oryx design from Destiny. I don't love it, or the Zod(?) look.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wondering if this and “Nemesis Omega” are meant to be the same entity. Nemesis looked humanoid while this most definitely does not.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ah and we end where we began: the cornfields of Kansas. Yeah Clark definitely isn't going to take seeing that vid Lois is keeping secret well. I loved that theme song, hope it's Brainiac's. Oh shit Jor-El does know how to speak English! I love the aesthetics of the Fortress, been playing Dishonored and finally realized that this Fortress reminds me of the Void.
    I'm kind of curious how he actually learned some English. If Clark had spent more time with him could he have learned quicker? Or if the AI had been around longer?

I'm still hoping we get a real Fortress in the arctic at some point.
    Comfy Thanksgiving clothes. God I still badly want a Clark/Jimmy episode that focuses on their friendship, I love how strong their bond is portrayed here but it just keeps ending up playing second fiddle to the Clois romance. Heh usually they put up a statue of Superman, Parasite leaving a Kaiju stone corpse is new. Keeping the data sphere a secret from Clark is going to backfire so bad. Lmao "you guys fucking suck at being interns so I graduate you to reporters early", Perry rules man. Oh boy I hope we're getting something like what Matt Fraction did where Jimmy runs Flamebird as an official Daily Planet streaming channel.
    I'm surprised Superman didn't just chuck it into space. Is it too heavy?

I mean, they had been basically acting like reporters since episode one, may as well make it official .
    Ayyy I saw that pic of Clark and Lana! YES YES CLARK AND SAM'S FINALLY MEET AND IT'S JUST LIKE THAT MCU PETER/VULTURE SCENE WHERE PETER REALIZES HIS CRUSH'S DAD IS VULTURE HAHAHAHA. God the long cockteasing finally pays off. Yeah Sam is just a huge dick here and it's great. Clark's clinging to his glasses for dear life. Man MAWS Pa is such an oddball, didn't really realize that until this episode since he hadn't shown up much.
    I'm taking that as confirmation we'll definitely see Lana in season 2 because they designed her kid form.

Giving me strong Post-Crisis Sam Lane meeting Clark vibes.

My first indication that Jonathan here was kind of an oddball was when he totally bailed when Clark and Martha were dealing with Clark approaching the Fortress again.
    Thank you Jimmy for putting your foot down and refusing to be the middleman for Clark and Lois again. Ah and the secret is finally out for Clark. Christ that's one hell of a reaction to Kryptonite - OH SHIT BRAINIAC! Damn Kryptonite fucks up even Kryptonian technology badly. Clark saved the day and stopped the ship, but now I expect that entire debris is full of Kryptonite that Waller and Task Force X can use against Superman. Sam's still in a wild card phase where he hasn't been convinced Superman isn't a threat, but he also spared Supes once because his daughter begged him to. Was surprised that he didn't learn Clark's secret, thought that was for sure going to happen. Heh so we did get something similar to Fraction with Jimmy being rich now and maybe continuing to do Flamebird for the Daily Planet.
    Jimmy tries his best but he's still the perpetual third wheel (though he did give Supes the means of stopping the ship). I'm curious what they'll do with him being loaded.

Oh yea, considering the Kryptonite crystals that spouted out of the ship there's a chance there's some that fell down to Earth. Or there might be tech in that piece of the ship that got sliced off by the portal.
    Solid finale, my only complaint is that it's weird they still haven't told us what happened with Zero Day or to Krypton. Seems like that will remain an ongoing concern for S2 which has Brainiac and Zod (or is it AI Lara?) as the Big Bad duo. If it's Lara oh man that leak spoiled the big twist for S2 lmao. Brainiac's design... is pretty eh, reminds me of the Oryx design from Destiny. I don't love it, or the Zod(?) look.
    I kind of feel bad for the crew that the series bible leaking basically spoiled their big season 2 twist especially when everybody is convinced that's Zod. But that's probably why they didn't have Clark find out the truth yet because they want him to be shocked and questioning the truth about his mom until he probably does learn what really happened later in season 2.

The villain redesigns in this show continue to be underwhelming. I think Parasite and Mxy were the only good ones.

Wondering if this and “Nemesis Omega” are meant to be the same entity. Nemesis looked humanoid while this most definitely does not.
    Considering it's an artificial shell I'm guessing they've upgraded it over time as they've conquered more planets.

Speaking of S2:

99A1E2C2-8FA5-4DF7-B79F-8CBCC8916476.jpg

I’m hoping next season we get Metallo, Bloodsport, Toyman, and Conduit/Kryptonite Man as new bad guys. Preferably we’d see Lex join Task Force X and working with Kryptonite leaves him bald. I’d also like to see Lana show up, maybe they could go with her as a Lexcorp engineer who alerts Clark to what Lex is up to? At this point I don’t think we’ll see any of the alien Rogues show up, especially since MAWS seems to want to tie all the bad guys to Kryptonian technology.

Speaking of S2:

99A1E2C2-8FA5-4DF7-B79F-8CBCC8916476.jpg

I’m hoping next season we get Metallo, Bloodsport, Toyman, and Conduit/Kryptonite Man as new bad guys. Preferably we’d see Lex join Task Force X and working with Kryptonite leaves him bald. I’d also like to see Lana show up, maybe they could go with her as a Lexcorp engineer who alerts Clark to what Lex is up to? At this point I don’t think we’ll see any of the alien Rogues show up, especially since MAWS seems to want to tie all the bad guys to Kryptonian technology.
    It was cool how they announced that.

I think we're definitely going to get Metallo the way things are shaping up with Task Force X.

Until we get confirmation of Jeannie Tirado as Lana I'm not going to completely believe the IMDB cast listings (would they even have recorded season 2 by that point?).

Mighty Member

Now I want to see a episode where Lois,Jimmy and Clark spend Christmas at the Kent farm.

man what's it's going to take for Clark to learn about his heritage also no tease of Luthor like I was expecting
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

It was cool how they announced that.

I think we're definitely going to get Metallo the way things are shaping up with Task Force X.

Until we get confirmation of Jeannie Tirado as Lana I'm not going to completely believe the IMDB cast listings (would they even have recorded season 2 by that point?).
    Since it’s only 22 minute ten episode seasons I think they’ve already had the VAs in the booth for the second season. Emerson was talking about Brainiac way back when, yet he had maybe three lines this season. I bet the Lana and Kara VAs are for S2. Wasn’t there a Toyman VA listed? Hope he shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Now I want to see an episode where Lois,Jimmy and Clark spend Christmas at the Kent farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    man what's it's going to take for Clark to learn about his heritage also no tease of Luthor like I was expecting
    I guess if this season was about Clark coming into his own as a man and as a Superman, season 2 will be about him reconciling with being Kryptonian.

Well, if you count all the Alex appearances as teasing Lex...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I found the finale weak. I guess I would have preferred if it focused on the tension with Sam Lane than trying to fit an alien invasion into the episode. I would have liked if Clark learned something about Krypton since it popped up again. I think this episode would have been better served without action

I guess if this season was about Clark coming into his own as a man and as a Superman, season 2 will be about him reconciling with being Kryptonian.

Well, if you count all the Alex appearances as teasing Lex...
    I don't he didn't seem like a threat at all
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Anybody else think the voice sounded a bit familiar?

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I guess it's safe to say Lucy Lane doesn't exist in this continuity seeing how she wasn't invited and there was no mention of her

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I guess it's safe to say Lucy Lane doesn't exist in this continuity seeing how she wasn't invited and there was no mention of her
    Poor Lucy. Either she doesn't exist or her family completely forgets about her .