Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

It's funny how Metallo would fit so well into this series but he might not even be in it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny how Metallo would fit so well into this series but he might not even be in it .
    There's always season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There's always season 2.
    Maybe. Probably depends on what the general plot of season 2 is. I'm starting to think they really won't address Brainiac/Lara until season 2.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I can imagine Metallo will be brought in if they bring in Kryptonite since the 2 are so closely aligned.

Maybe. Probably depends on what the general plot of season 2 is. I'm starting to think they really won't address Brainiac/Lara until season 2.
    Going by the synopsis I can make the guess that the General and the Squad will be the main threat of season 1 with Brainiac coming in for season 2, unless Brainiac makes a surprise appearance in the 2-parter.

Presumably the early season 2 confirmation made it so the story is being produced in parts, with season 1 directly leading into season 2.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-08-2023 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I can imagine Metallo will be brought in if they bring in Kryptonite since the 2 are so closely aligned.

Going by the synopsis I can make the guess that the General and the Squad will be the main threat of season 1 with Brainiac coming in for season 2, unless Brainiac makes a surprise appearance in the 2-parter.

Presumably the early season 2 confirmation made it so the story is being produced in parts, with season 1 directly leading into season 2.
    I think Lara will show up in the season finale since she's in the OP (which I guess would mean the shaded figure is General Lane unless we see Brainiac).

I think there might be a chance they don't introduce Kryptonite until Clark unlocks all his powers because by then (I would assume) he'd be too strong for any of the normal season 1 threats.

So how does MXy fit into this ? Why does he look like a Kai from Dragonball?

No way, since this show was given two seasons off the bat they clearly decided to do a storyline that stretched over two seasons. Brainiac will be in this, probably in the last two episodes, but only as set up for the next season. Superman kicking the ass of all the scrubs for the season finale being what leads into Sam Lane bringing in Lex to create Metallo and upgrade the other villains would be a great way to increase the villains power levels to keep up with Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So how does MXy fit into this ? Why does he look like a Kai from Dragonball?
    We’ll find out next episode. It’s just this show’s design for him. The showrunners are anime fans and loves DBZ in particular, they think making him look like a Kai is a better look than his boring comic look.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No way, since this show was given two seasons off the bat they clearly decided to do a storyline that stretched over two seasons. Brainiac will be in this, probably in the last two episodes, but only as set up for the next season. Superman kicking the ass of all the scrubs for the season finale being what leads into Sam Lane bringing in Lex to create Metallo and upgrade the other villains would be a great way to increase the villains power levels to keep up with Superman.
    Oh, I totally get how Brainiac will probably be set up by the end of this season and be a bigger threat next season.

I think we're likely going to see Clark unlock his full powerset against Task Force X, establishing him as the strongest being on Earth, and then Lara shows up heralding the invasion and knocking him back down a peg.

(Although somehow I expect this show would downplay even a fully-powered Clark's capabilities).
    We’ll find out next episode. It’s just this show’s design for him. The showrunners are anime fans and loves DBZ in particular, they think making him look like a Kai is a better look than his boring comic look.
    It's cute and quirky .

It's cute and quirky .
    I'll grant you quirky, but cute classic comics Mxy is not...

I guess after everything Clark just revealed he may as well show them the Fortress. I'm surprised he didn't introduce them to the Kents either, but I guess he didn't want his parents to see all the blatant flirting going on between him and Lois. I'm surprised the Jor-El AI didn't pop up on them. Has Clark tried to communicate with him at all since episode 2?

Nothing says romcom like spending an absurd amount of time preparing the perfect date. Lois was also planning on helping Clark learn about himself but you know she's a pro at this because she doesn't seem anywhere near exhausted.

Mr. Mxyzptlk! They anime-ed him up design-wise but he's still the irreverent mischief maker who knows how to play Superman like a fiddle.

Fleischer Supes! Super Friends Supes! DCAU Supes!

They're so committed to tomboy Lois' that even her AU versions are tomboys...one is an outright dude! Heck, she even had a dress prepped for her date with Clark that she never wore. That's commitment.

Ha! Fleischer Lois (as Lois Prime) starting a Multiversal League of Lois' is so...Lois.

Poor Lois. She's the only Lois without a pullitzer (and she's also 23 so one year older than Clark?).

I was wondering why black Lois didn't get an introduction, but she was their Jimmy. And voiced by Kimberly Brooks. There was also a Jamilah Olsen on Black Lightning.

Look at all the Lois hairstyles! Finally a Lois with long hair. And the one that still gets along with her dad hurts most of all.

So are these Rogue Lois' who all had evil Supermen and banded together in solidarity over that? It seems like they're kind of their own contingent.

I saw Fleischer Lois and DCAU Lois but it didn't seem like there were other animated Lois', just references to her various ethnic transformations.

Helmet of Fate! Mother Box! Soultaker Sword! Green Lantern Power Battery! Legion Flight Ring! Cosmic Staff! A whole smorgasboard of DC Easter Eggs!

I get that he was robbing an Earth Prime museum of legendary DC items but a smash and grab feels so...mundane for Mxy. Though I guess it was all so he could get his full powers back.

I never expected Clark would learn about Krypton from Mxy or get hit with Kryptonite for the first time from a bunch of AU Lois' out to kill him, but there we go.

He may not have the weakness of saying his name backwards but he's still got a bowler hat and Chaos God powers.

Nothing says first real kiss like making out while a Chaos God is trashing the place!

I wish Superman had beat Mxy without help. Feels like shows always under-power or underutilize their protagonist so the supporting cast has more to do. But I guess Mxy wasn't really "beaten" anyways.

Ugh. I have had enough of evil Supermen. There's Justice Lords Supes, even. I don't really need Lois' head biased by seeing like three evil alternate Supes and giving her a sliver of Kryptonite when we know she's going to believe in Clark because he's one of the (many) good ones.

Next week: Super Hearing!

I guess after everything Clark just revealed he may as well show them the Fortress. I'm surprised he didn't introduce them to the Kents either, but I guess he didn't want his parents to see all the blatant flirting going on between him and Lois. I'm surprised the Jor-El AI didn't pop up on them. Has Clark tried to communicate with him at all since episode 2?
    They're saving it for the finale.

Last edited by Jon11; 08-10-2023 at 09:55 PM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So are these Rogue Lois' who all had evil Supermen and banded together in solidarity over that? It seems like they're kind of their own contingent.
    Yeah that seems to be case. These Lois' are oddly hostile and suspicious towards Superman which would only make sense if they are the unlucky ones to get an Ultraman on their world. Would explain why they never mention any about their own Superman or how Superman doesn't seem connected to an organization comprised of his alternate versions of his wife.

The fact their base is also oddly empty for what is supposedly an multiversal alliance of alternates. Could be that not many Lois' are actually joining. Wouldn't surprise me if those Lois holograms aren't actually members.

Heh Myx is as always a little gremlin ****.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-10-2023 at 11:38 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So I’ve shown the first episode to a couple of classes and it’s most definitely a hit with them, the girls as well as the boys. Happy to have been wrong about this one. Looks like this show’s got legs. I’ll keep you updated on how subsequent episodes go over with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    They're saving it for the finale.

So the General figures out Clark Kent is Superman? It sounds like Task Force X attacks the Kent farm. And they get Kryptonite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    So I’ve shown the first episode to a couple of classes and it’s most definitely a hit with them, the girls as well as the boys. Happy to have been wrong about this one. Looks like this show’s got legs. I’ll keep you updated on how subsequent episodes go over with them.
    That's cool .

Incredible Member

Hats off to this show, it keeps surprising me in very good ways.

I thought introducing the multiverse so early would be a dumb idea, but they kept it low scale enough to make it work and they even used to further Lois and Clark's relationship. That final shot of her getting the Kryptonite was pretty eerie in the best way.

I suppose that, now that the seed of doubt is planted in Lois' head, it's up to Clark to show he's not a danger. They are setting up her internal conflict with her dad pretty well, and giving her a glimpse into the alternate (evil) Supermen is a good way to create some drama from when she inevitably has to choose between Superman and TFX.
    Last edited by Zagre; 08-11-2023 at 08:41 AM.