Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Superman vs. kaiju is tough to do generally because half the point of kaiju is that their monstrous size gives them a massive power/destructiveness advantage over their opponents, and generally Superman is not at that disadvantage unless they did something like Trigon in the JL/TT movie (which was not visually interesting, FWIW). Though now that I think about it, maybe they can apply the Doomsday concept and just scale him up in size.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Superman vs. kaiju is tough to do generally because half the point of kaiju is that their monstrous size gives them a massive power/destructiveness advantage over their opponents, and generally Superman is not at that disadvantage unless they did something like Trigon in the JL/TT movie (which was not visually interesting, FWIW). Though now that I think about it, maybe they can apply the Doomsday concept and just scale him up in size.
    I hate doomsday's design and think death of superman is pretty lack lustre.If they change the character entirely i wouldn't be against it..I don't believe in superman punching a kaiju which represents human destruction and the nukes.And tend to think supes can get damaged by these guys if he can get struck down by nukes like frank miller's verse.They gods after all.Then again I don't see superman as beyond an action adventure character.Let see if the guy that tries to see good in everything and every situation deal with humanities worst impulses.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-12-2023 at 08:21 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Just treat it like an Ultraman fight with a size differential.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hate doomsday's design and think death of superman is pretty lack lustre.If they change the character entirely i wouldn't be against it..I don't believe in superman punching a kaiju which represents human destruction and the nukes.And tend to think supes can get damaged by these guys if he can get struck down by nukes like frank miller's verse.They gods after all.Then again I don't see superman as beyond an action adventure character.Let see if the guy that tries to see good in everything and every situation deal with humanities worst impulses.
    Superman vs Doomsday is a great fight in various incarnations.

thanks for the replies.

I hope to watch it some day not far away, I just don't have cable or Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Superman vs Doomsday is a great fight in various incarnations.
    I liked the stakes in tomasi written animated movie(new52 dcau)and the movie in general.But other than that it's generally pretty boring..to busiers going at it.That would be fun if superman generally didn't only fight busiers.

I liked the stakes in tomasi written animated movie(new52 dcau)and the movie in general.But other than that it's generally pretty boring..to busiers going at it.That would be fun if superman generally didn't only fight busiers.
    Agreed in general about Superman vs. bruisers; that's what makes some of his villains stale in the eyes of many casual fans. Hard to get excited about a fistfight between Superman and another brick if he just fought Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    thanks for the replies.

I hope to watch it some day not far away, I just don't have cable or Max.
    If interested in buying it, Vudu likes to let me know they have the season for $14.99 since I've bought a lot of the DC Animated movies there.

I think the original comics, JL/JLU, and both movies did a good job with it, as did SM&L.

It's not making up characters.I tend to think the artic giant deserves to be it's own thing.I am just against this being a regular thing for parasite.When the character can be done different ways.
    I don't want it to be a "regular" thing for Parasite, but I do want it to be a rare thing going forward, one of those oh **** he's going all out kind of deals. Like it happens, but not often, like it needs to be memorable going forward when he goes kaiju.

As for the arctic giant, I love that old episode or film short I guess is more accurate, but I don't think something that's always that gigantic size can ever work as a recurring Superman rogue. Because of that size it can't just hide out or whatever, and you can only do so many takes on a kaiju rampaging in Metropolis. It's just too limited.

Astonishing Member

Here's a scary thought, I wonder if My Adventures with Superman went to Adult Swim over Cartoon Network is because kids no longer care about action cartoons and watch let's play and unboxing videos instead. Apparently Adult Swim starts at 5 PM now and has a lot of older Cartoon Network content on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't want it to be a "regular" thing for Parasite, but I do want it to be a rare thing going forward, one of those oh **** he's going all out kind of deals. Like it happens, but not often, like it needs to be memorable going forward when he goes kaiju.

As for the arctic giant, I love that old episode or film short I guess is more accurate, but I don't think something that's always that gigantic size can ever work as a recurring Superman rogue. Because of that size it can't just hide out or whatever, and you can only do so many takes on a kaiju rampaging in Metropolis. It's just too limited.
    I just want better Superman vs Kaiju fights.

Hopefully the upcoming Godzilla/Kong mini supplies that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Here's a scary thought, I wonder if My Adventures with Superman went to Adult Swim over Cartoon Network is because kids no longer care about action cartoons and watch let's play and unboxing videos instead. Apparently Adult Swim starts at 5 PM now and has a lot of older Cartoon Network content on it.
    That's precisely it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    That's precisely it.
    That's a shame, I got into superheroes due to cartoon series.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    That's not exactly it.They moved to a different medium like streaming services to consume this stuff.Yes that includes kids.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I think its more just the Cartoon Network treats action cartoons horribly.

Beware the Batman, Young Justice, Green Lantern, Transformers: Robots in Disguise, and even then plenty of their non-action cartoons also tend to get treated terrible by the channel.

CN is just not good at handling its shows. Its nothing to do with "kids are watching too many unboxing videos" thats just dumb.