Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I love avatar..but the artsryle was different. here something felt off..I think it might be designs.And i would rank avatar over superman tas by a mile.Max fliescher cartoon still beats that though when it comes to animation and artstyle.

You can't build up Clark's superhero action if you don't build up the opponent.If you feel the awestruck by the opponent then you will feel the weight of Clark's punches.There is the whole scene in max fleischer cartoons where these guys land from the sky and cause havoc.
    I dunno, the colors, aesthetic, and sense of humor seem pretty similar to me though I thikn it's more Voltron that A: TLA.

Well, I think giant robots kind of speak for themselves...especially when they started dogpiling on him...

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Just like Krypton, we are going to start at the end.
    I was brought on early onto #MyAdventuresWithSuperman to tackle a wide range of designs, less so much concerned with show style, but more just concepts.
    This was my final pass at Superman’s new suit. Something classic but new.

This week Anka is sharing the concept art he did for Superman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Look, I like STAS, but MAWS has already surpassed it in terms of Lois and Clark's relationship. Plus, Batman won't show up to steal Supe's girl in this one.
    This. I would also like to point out that Clark and Lois were done so many times in various media that watching them immediately becoming friends with romantic affections is refreshing. I don't want to do pining anymore, I don't want to do angst, I don't want to watch slowburn for 100500 time. This time I get to enjoy them jumping right into the action and as we have seen from the trailers the secret will also be revealed soon enough, probably because they made a deal to not have secrets from each other. I'm also ok with them doing Superman origin again because it seems they have something new to tell.

https://twitter.com/jakewyattriot/st...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    My Adventures With Superman Season 2 is in production, actually! Max ordered two seasons way back in 2021, and we are partway through animation on the second one.
    Hope this show can get 4 seasons like Harley Quinn is getting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WB does not own TheCW anymore. They only have a 12% minority stake in the network and thus they control next to nothing about how TheCW airs anything. They arent contributing to the network.
    Also, the CW just isn't a place to go to expand your audience. It worked much better for niche audiences, which to be fair is the audience for this cartoon, but I think MAX makes it a lot easier to find or give exposure to the show. The CW network won't be profitable until 2025, meaning it was a money loser for nearly three decades. This point is less relevant now that people cut cords, but one of the things I always thought held CW back was that it was something like a sublet network, i.e. it bought air time on an already-existing local station. If you asked a person, "What channel is CW?" most people probably couldn't answer it. Hell, when I was living in Chicago and we had bulk-purchased cable, I had no idea after the WGN superstation dropped CW. The only reason I was ever able to tune in is because I had one of those Xfinity remotes which allowed you to speak a command.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So the show has been getting a lot of fan-art since it came out

https://twitter.com/pending_url/stat...11821419917312

Which considering this show only has 2 episodes out at the moment is pretty good at showing how received the show is

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    So the show has been getting a lot of fan-art since it came out

https://twitter.com/pending_url/stat...11821419917312

Which considering this show only has 2 episodes out at the moment is pretty good at showing how received the show is
    question no other heroes are supposed to show up in this correct? I saw a fanart of WW in that artstyle
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    question no other heroes are supposed to show up in this correct? I saw a fanart of WW in that artstyle
    Not that we know of.

Art of other characters like WW and Batman is just people having fun drawing them in this show's style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Not that we know of.

Art of other characters like WW and Batman is just people having fun drawing them in this show's style.
    ok just making sure
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I think this might be in my Top 3 Superman adaptations of all time now. I totally love the anime vibes, Asian Lois...
    Lois is Asian? I didn't notice.

I'm liking this show so far. It's more Superman focused than I was expecting based on the title. Interesting little twists to the mythos without breaking anything. One-eyed Jor-El, Clark not being able to understand Kryptonian right away, which draws out the process of him finding out the truth, the fact that he already had glasses as Clark helps with that aspect of his secret identity. (I expect once his vision powers kick in, he won't need them but will keep them to maintain the ruse) I'm glad we didn't waste much time with him being "the hooded blur" or whatever.

I figured that was Deathstroke based on the color scheme and paid attention to his right eye - which is still there... for now. (his hair flips out of the way during part of the action) I wonder if he'll get that "Zuko/Todoroki face burn" when he loses it. People have been talking about Livewire's appearance, but whether she goes electric blue or not, I miss her much more abrasive and outspoken chaotic attitude.

Mighty Member

You know, I watched the first couple of episodes and they were pretty fun. I’m not going to lie, this show is the first time I’ve EVER cared about Jimmy Olsen (I think making him a peer of Clark and Lois rather than a subordinate helps). I do feel like Livewire was wasted personality wise, however still a fun romp. I can’t wait for more.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 07-10-2023 at 07:09 PM.

Wife and I are having a great time watching it together so far. Just the right amount of action, humor, and romance.

Get rid of those shorts. It looks cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

This week Anka is sharing the concept art he did for Superman.
    I feel like I should've seen it coming that Anka was involved in this. I wonder if I should blame him for every villain design I don't like ?
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

I'm liking this show so far. It's more Superman focused than I was expecting based on the title. Interesting little twists to the mythos without breaking anything. One-eyed Jor-El, Clark not being able to understand Kryptonian right away, which draws out the process of him finding out the truth, the fact that he already had glasses as Clark helps with that aspect of his secret identity. (I expect once his vision powers kick in, he won't need them but will keep them to maintain the ruse) I'm glad we didn't waste much time with him being "the hooded blur" or whatever.

I figured that was Deathstroke based on the color scheme and paid attention to his right eye - which is still there... for now. (his hair flips out of the way during part of the action) I wonder if he'll get that "Zuko/Todoroki face burn" when he loses it. People have been talking about Livewire's appearance, but whether she goes electric blue or not, I miss her much more abrasive and outspoken chaotic attitude.
    Yeah, Livewire is more than just electricity powers and blue skin, her personality was a bit part of what made the character popular. And that was hardly present here.

Honestly I could see Clark having a "power up" moment that ends up scarring Slade. Or the Kryptonian tech malfunctions like it did with Livewire.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Yeah, Lois is voiced by Asian VA and the way she is drawn and colored is usually how Asians are done in animation. I might be wrong, but that's how she strucked me, I believe she is racebended and I'm ok with that.