Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Short Silver Banshee was surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess but I feel like she gets overshadowed by Zod since she serves under him, while Livewire is a solo villain.
    Ursa and Mercy are more henchwomen than stand-alone villains, Livewire would probably be the most well-known female villain who pursues her own agenda.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I feel like I've seen a similar design to Heatwave in an anime but I can't quite place it.

It never occurred to me before now, but it's a little surprising Superman never had a significant "femme fatale" villain. Maxima might be the closest, I guess. Considering how much drama he's always had with Lois, you'd think having one around would have just been fed into the messed up Lois/Superman dynamic of the Silver Age.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It never occurred to me before now, but it's a little surprising Superman never had a significant "femme fatale" villain. Maxima might be the closest, I guess. Considering how much drama he's always had with Lois, you'd think having one around would have just been fed into the messed up Lois/Superman dynamic of the Silver Age.
    Well, there is Wonder Woman .

But I think most fans think of Maxima as the "Catwoman."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

There is also volacana
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I like how in this cartoon I don't feel presence of the rest of DC Universe. I'm honestly tired and burned out on Superman media being polluted with somebody else's big presence. I like having pure Superman content in S&L and now MAWS. Man of Steel was the last time I felt that, unfortunate that that version was continued the way it did though, would've preferred MoS trilogy over BvS and JL.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I like how in this cartoon I don't feel presence of the rest of DC Universe. I'm honestly tired and burned out on Superman media being polluted with somebody else's big presence. I like having pure Superman content in S&L and now MAWS. Man of Steel was the last time I felt that, unfortunate that that version was continued the way it did though, would've preferred MoS trilogy over BvS and JL.
    Ummm..this is full rest of dcu.Even Parasite got merged with amazo.There is deathstroke.Many many more

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ummm..this is full rest of dcu.Even Parasite got merged with amazo.There is deathstroke.Many many more
    Deathstroke and Amanda Waller are more like universal DC villains, they can be applied in anyone's story. I'm talking about something like that none of those have Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, etc. and their rogue galleries.

People who want to do love triangle stuff like Waid tend to be boomers who are obsessed with returning to the Superman/Lois/Clark love triangle. For Clark the trend was to give him a “Lois Lite”, like Lana, which is why those attempts flopped and went nowhere. Maxima was the strongest attempt at giving Clark a different kind of love interest, and even then they didn’t really try to make her a serious contender. My own preference for who to put in that role would be Livewire.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Deathstroke and Amanda Waller are more like universal DC villains, they can be applied in anyone's story. I'm talking about something like that none of those have Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, etc. and their rogue galleries.
    Keyword dc villains.As for "the seven",I don't really mind if they show up.Them replacing parasite with a amazo is basically dcu taking over superverse in my opinion.

I mean, they just had Superman fight a Flash villain even though he already has a Rogue who uses fire .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they just had Superman fight a Flash villain even though he already has a Rogue who uses fire .
    To be fair Volcana wouldn't have fit that role other than "fire villain". On the other hand the fire thing was so unimportant they could have used literally any other Superman villain almost and it'd have worked just as well, like a Toyman with a techsuit that allows him to control toy-like drones via a sort of technokinesis or something. That's how unimportant it being a fire villain was to the plot, so using Heat Wave really is a weird choice. Like the arguments against Deathstroke and for Bloodsport instead are extremely weak imo, there's reasons why not Bloodsport in terms of having to change his background to give him a military connection or saving him for Suicide Squad maybe next season (fingers crossed), but there's no pro Heat Wave argument here. Even if you can argue against Volcana for plot reasons, the plot doesn't call for a fire villain beyond the "you don't know if you're fireproof" bit so why Heat Wave at all? I'm find with rogue galleries being a bit more shared among DC heroes and love to see heroes fight other heroes villains, but there should be a purpose or reason as to why, even if a flimsy one. But here it's just kinda random?

accidental double post

Astonishing Member

This is overall a good show, but my knocks against it so far are the villains and I kind of wish the action was crafted in a more dynamic way but still one of the best Superman adaptions in recent memory. I think I may enjoy this one more than STAS &
    & Superman & Lois actually.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.