Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    So you've never seen a Superman anything before then.
    Tell me a Superman fight (Cinema, TV, Animation) that compares to the great fights of Naruto or One Piece for example.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Tell me a Superman fight (Cinema, TV, Animation) that compares to the great fights of Naruto or One Piece for example.
    I don't know about comparing them to Naruto or One Piece but I liked Superman vs Lobo in MoT, Superman vs Doomsday (both times), Superman vs Cyborg-Superman (even without powers), Superman vs the Elite, etc.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's something inherent to Superman, the animated movies had great Superman fights.
    Man of Tomorrow had good fights outside of Kaijuu Parasite.

EDIT: What about the Superman and Supergirl vs. Darkseid fight? People always post clips of that fight.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 08-15-2023 at 10:40 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man of Tomorrow had good fights outside of Kaijuu Parasite.

EDIT: What about the Superman and Supergirl vs. Darkseid fight? People always post clips of that fight.
    I can agree with that.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

That is stupid and inane. Comparing it to how other stuff does it isn't the end be all and is honestly irrelevant.

And even then those shows are largely infamous for their own animation issues. Sure One Piece looks good now in Wano, but I'm never forgetting before it was for literally a decade fucking hideous and only made the effort of not looking like total trash during a Luffy fight scene.

It doesn't matter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That is stupid and inane. Comparing it to how other stuff does it isn't the end be all and is honestly irrelevant.

And even then those shows are largely infamous for their own animation issues. Sure One Piece looks good now in Wano, but I'm never forgetting before it was for literally a decade fucking hideous and only made the effort of not looking like total trash during a Luffy fight scene.

It doesn't matter.
    I wouldn't say superman franchise doesn't have good fights or action in general.For eg,Supergirl and superman vs darseid,shazam superman vs black adam..etc.

Actually,sanji and luffy was also very put out during whole cake island.Snake man and katakuri.Gear 4 as well.Toei tends to put budget when it's needed.This a weekly nonstop running show with budget lesser compared to a american production.Not saying there isn't crap animation.But,these guys are already overworked.Things like jujutsu kaisen and newer shonens don't follow that.they follow seasonal approach to great result.One piece is a phenomenon in japan it needs to be aired weekly as something people tune in to.So they do.

Having said all that,I have never had emotional impact to superman punching something like i had with any of the shonen fights for instance kakashi vs obito in the kamui realm.That's the truth.The problem is entirely storytelling,lack of creativity,lack of focus on hand to hand,sakuga..etc.Ofcourse superman vs darkseid was pretty emotional in tas .But it just lacked other things.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-15-2023 at 07:44 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There was a period of time where I watched that movie probably close to 50 times just for that fight, it was good!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wouldn't say superman franchise doesn't have good fights or action in general.For eg,Supergirl and superman vs darseid,shazam superman vs black adam..etc.

Actually,sanji and luffy was also very put out during whole cake island.Snake man and katakuri.Gear 4 as well.Toei tends to put budget when it's needed.This a weekly nonstop running show with budget lesser compared to a american production.Not saying there isn't crap animation.But,these guys are already overworked.Things like jujutsu kaisen and newer shonens don't follow that.they follow seasonal approach to great result.One piece is a phenomenon in japan it needs to be aired weekly as something people tune in to.So they do.

Having said all that,I have never had emotional impact to superman punching something like i had with any of the shonen fights for instance kakashi vs obito in the kamui realm.That's the truth.The problem is entirely storytelling,lack of creativity,lack of focus on hand to hand,sakuga..etc.Ofcourse superman vs darkseid was pretty emotional in tas .But it just lacked other things.
    Wano being good does not change that its only technically recently that the anime became watchable again.

I recently rewatched the Fishman Island and Punk Hazard arc, and it is an abomination. Fucking horrible, dragged out glacial pacing and stilted animation with flat art and dull colors. It is genuine slog to watch, and far, far worse than this show in every regard.

This is why I don't give a **** about the shonen brainrot your peddling. So this show doesn't have sakuga fights, it does not matter. It is a mindless irrelevant comparison that offers no legitimate critiques of any kind.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-15-2023 at 08:04 PM.

BANNED

Superman vs Lobo, it was fun because we see Superman fighting dirtier than normal.
    Superman vs Doomsday, it's Superman's death match, it's normal that it's good.
    Superman vs The Elite, once again a good fight because Superman fought in a way that he never does.
    Rock Lee vs Gaara >>>>>>>> 85 years of Superman. Luffy vs Rob Lucci >>>>>>>> 85 years of Superman. (talking about the fights).
    Superman's fights are very basic, they forget that they know how to fight (Superman is supposed to be a martial arts expert) they forget about his powers. A clear example is Superman vs. Zod from MoS, it was fun of course, but how many powers did Superman and Zod use in combat and how did they use them?

Had been a while since I saw the Supers vs. Darkseid. After rewatching it, I'd say the choreography is pretty good. Where it lacks is that Darkseid gave Kara a beatdown and left without finishing the job, which lowered the stakes quite a bit compared to the comics and just normal superhero storytelling. The other nitpick I'd have about that fight is that they didn't find a way to make the heat vision or omega beams have a palpable impact that we the viewers could "feel." The latter is just basically a challenge when coming up with the next cool Superman fight.

Superman vs Lobo, it was fun because we see Superman fighting dirtier than normal.
    Superman vs The Elite, once again a good fight because Superman fought in a way that he never does.
    Rock Lee vs Gaara >>>>>>>> 85 years of Superman. Luffy vs Rob Lucci >>>>>>>> 85 years of Superman. (talking about the fights).
    Superman's fights are very basic, they forget that they know how to fight (Superman is supposed to be a martial arts expert) they forget about his powers. A clear example is Superman vs. Zod from MoS, it was fun of course, but how many powers did Superman and Zod use in combat and how did they use them?
    To me a good fight is a good fight.

https://x.com/neilvagg/status/169154...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Just watched the final three episodes of #MyAdventuresWithSuperman season 1. Wowsers did this show stick the landing or what. Episodes 8 & 9 are a HUGE two-parter which could easily have been a finale. Then episode 10… well… you’ll find out soon enough!

#Superman @adultswim
    https://x.com/ramasscreen/status/169...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Finished screening "My Adventures with Superman" episodes 8, 9, and 10.

I don't understand why some haters are hating this show.

#MyAdventuresWithSuperman totally rocks.

You can't please everyone I guess
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

High praise indeed .

Personally I hope they bring everything together and let Clark finally show off.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eps. 8 to 10 better be good cuz the show is sitting on a 5/10 right now with the one step forward-one step backward stuff they keep pulling.
    "Cable was right!"

Again nobody cares.

Like Goddamn what a shallow bunch of comparisons. Absolute nothingburger of a "critique". Just subjective personal preference masquerading in an attempt to resemble objectivity.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-16-2023 at 01:16 PM.