Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Eps. 8 to 10 better be good cuz the show is sitting on a 5/10 right now with the one step forward-one step backward stuff they keep pulling.
    If you mean the back and forth on the Clois romance I expect that will continue for as long as the show continues. Since they decided to have Lois know Clark’s secret, they have to keep throwing curveballs lest the relationship end up like the Post Crisis one where they got married… and didn’t have any more story to tell. Should get darker in tone judging by the synopsis for the next couple of episodes, and where the last episode left things.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you mean the back and forth on the Clois romance I expect that will continue for as long as the show continues. Since they decided to have Lois know Clark’s secret, they have to keep throwing curveballs lest the relationship end up like the Post Crisis one where they got married… and didn’t have any more story to tell. Should get darker in tone judging by the synopsis for the next couple of episodes, and where the last episode left things.
    I think they could just have them be a really cute and supportive couple for a while, though I think throwing at least typical relationship problems would help make it seem more relateable, but I think the next main conflict will definitely be Lois wrapping her head around the idea of an "evil Superman" before defending her Clark from her dad.

I understand the hate this show gets - not enough Superman fighting, and when he does the fights aren't great. Frankly I don't care. This show to me captures the joy and spirit of Clark/Superman and his world and cast so much better and more importantly than the fights. Do I wish the villains were better and the fights greater? Sure. But fights are not the most important part of Superman to me, and this cartoon is fantastic. People knocking on it and hating it constantly cause "muh fights" and "muh villains" can just watch youtube clips from the DTV flicks, those do good fights imo. This is a show about Clark's friendships and growing romantic interest, and so far I've been all here for it. Plus it's just a hell of a lot of fun.

I think we've seen they can do good villains when they put the effort into it, I think now we need them to keep that up while also letting the action scenes take off a bit more.

Well, there's your Task Force X comprised of all the villain of the weeks now sporting identical bodysuits. Not very effective in terms of matching their comic looks, but it helps the team vibe. They're also functionally a Superman Revenge Squad.

Huh, most of Superman's powers have been awakened in moments of great emotion, but he unlocks Super Hearing naturally. But also because he didn't have years to hone it he of course overcompensates for hearing people in need and has to learn on the fly how to tune out the excessive sounds.

Being Superman's Pal is great for clicks, it seems.

Awww, it's their one week anniversary! Did he hand pick all of those bouquets himself?

It's surreal seeing Vicki Vale as this older, inspirational, reporting figure for Lois when Vicki wouldn't even exist as a character without Lois in the first place. I wasn't expecting her to be the sassy, mature, onee-san type either. I kind of wish they'd kept her red hair but I wonder if they wanted her to look like a more traditional version of Lois in terms of appearance and personality even if she ended up not having the true ethics and heart of Lois Lane.

Queen inheritance scandal? What is Oliver up to now? I guess Vicki taking down the Falcone family explains why we didn't hear about Batman in this episode.

I don't know if Alex is legit Lex or not but the way he bandied out how Superman isn't inhuman and just a force of destruction getting in the way of humanity and the average laborer is classic Lex propaganda. Also, his shirt was purple. Although I'm surprised nobody tried to rebuttal him that most of that was Ivo's fault, not Superman's.

That scene of Clark helping the little girl find her moms was too sweet for words.

Thanks a lot Mist, Clark ends up looking like a crazy person while trying to track you down and save you...but I guess that might've also been somewhat intentional since he was in on the Task Force X con from the start?

The irony that Clark thought he was helping them by freeing Task Force X before realizing that they were willingly going along with getting parole with the best incentive of taking him down.

What a betrayal. Vicki used Lois and Jimmy to get dirt on Superman for her promotion back in Gotham and basically screwing over the Daily Planet.

That was probably the most severe Superman beatdown yet, though it was basically just set up for when Clark got serious and showed he could pretty much take all of them down single-handedly except Parasite.

They are really dragging out the reveal that the General is Lois' dad. I thought for sure she'd at least see him here. I guess she'll find out when she and Jimmy bust Clark out.

General Lane sure has a thing against Kryptonians, huh?

Digging how they portray Superman's hearing kicking in. Reminds me of how they handled Senua's schizophrenia in Hellblade. Oh and I like when Clark does need to sleep.

Hm 38 floor, a reference to 1938 being the year Action #1 dropped? Nice, that should be comics canon if it isn't already. Lmao Clark buying a ton of flowers reminds me of when he brought Lois some flowers from a foreign planet that could sing (and also I think they were extinct because the planet was consumed by a supernova) in All-Star. God I love Perry, he's just the freaking best. I hate Lois looking up to Vicki but whatever, she seems like a bitch so I'm guessing that will be over by the end of the episode. Annnd she's gunning for Superman, yeah I knew it lol.

Oh hey Alex is back. Yeah I think the theories that he's MAWS Lex are right, especially with him hating on Superman for Vicki. Course he needs to lose the hair for it to be certain. Ooof Clark messed up bad there, flying fatigued is almost as bad as flying drunk. Figured Clark wouldn't listen, and I like how he's starting to reject the idea of being "normal".

Nice, finally getting Superman fighting everyone. Wish it was more of his heavy hitters but this is a nice starting lineup. Wish it was Metallo or Bloodsport instead of Deathstroke and Volcana instead of Heatwave though. Oh hey Bibbo reference! Yeah Lois' hero worship of Vicki is definitely over. YOOO when Clark went all Electric Blue I got hyped as hell! I hope he goes full Super Sayian with that as his power up form at some point. Love this Parasite take, wish it was Rudy instead of Ivo but it doesn't really matter. Parasite is utterly unhinged and that's fun to watch.

Hell of a cliffhanger. Sucks that we have to wait a week but I'm very happy with how this sets up the season endgame.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Whoooo intense episode. The fight's probably the best in the season. Really intense stuff.

About my main bug is the Alex interview, felt rather contrived how Jimmy and Lois at no point bothered to point how Ivo was responsible for everything there. I don't mind Vicki purpously getting info from a biased source, its just Jimmy and Lois really should have done a better job defending him. Especially dumb how Lois got into a sad wonder how Clark, when this specific instance she knows he's innocent.

And we have our Suicide Squad. Funny, this is probably the first line-up in 12 years that does not include Harley Quinn. The lack of Harley, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark does make it an atypical roster amusingly enough.

Love how maniacal Ivo is. He is taking this so personally its glorious, dude's so off his fucking rocker.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-18-2023 at 01:43 AM.

Mighty Member

Terrific cliffhanger. I liked the way Superman got ambushed.

Metropolis after Clark made one mistake:

Is this the first time we’ve seen Superman have to fight a bunch of his Rogues at once? I don’t think the DCAU ever did that. Oh man I really hope next episode his x-Ray vision kicks in and we get a scene of him busting out New 52 style.

Also I think that shadowy figure in the middle of his villains in the intro is actually Sam Lane not Brainiac (I love how they’ve built up Sam this season).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Digging how they portray Superman's hearing kicking in. Reminds me of how they handled Senua's schizophrenia in Hellblade. Oh and I like when Clark does need to sleep.
    I'm honestly trying to remember how Smallville handled it.
    Oh hey Alex is back. Yeah I think the theories that he's MAWS Lex are right, especially with him hating on Superman for Vicki. Course he needs to lose the hair for it to be certain. Ooof Clark messed up bad there, flying fatigued is almost as bad as flying drunk. Figured Clark wouldn't listen, and I like how he's starting to reject the idea of being "normal".
    He has a purple shirt, he's got to be Luthor .

I actually could see this being the kind of show where Superman inadvertently causes him to lose his hair and that's what makes him personally hate Superman.

This did feel like the first episode where Clark really chose Superman over Clark.
    Nice, finally getting Superman fighting everyone. Wish it was more of his heavy hitters but this is a nice starting lineup. Wish it was Metallo or Bloodsport instead of Deathstroke and Volcana instead of Heatwave though. Oh hey Bibbo reference! Yeah Lois' hero worship of Vicki is definitely over. YOOO when Clark went all Electric Blue I got hyped as hell! I hope he goes full Super Sayian with that as his power up form at some point. Love this Parasite take, wish it was Rudy instead of Ivo but it doesn't really matter. Parasite is utterly unhinged and that's fun to watch.
    I guess the value in the villains all being smaller scale or unmemorable is it's easier to make them work as mooks.

Watch Superman Blue be SS1 and Superman Red be SS2 .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    About my main bug is the Alex interview, felt rather contrived how Jimmy and Lois at no point bothered to point how Ivo was responsible for everything there. I don't mind Vicki purpously getting info from a biased source, its just Jimmy and Lois really should have done a better job defending him. Especially dumb how Lois got into a sad wonder how Clark, when this specific instance she knows he's innocent.
    Yeah, I don't really get why they didn't bring up Ivo to discredit Alex.
    And we have our Suicide Squad. Funny, this is probably the first line-up in 12 years that does not include Harley Quinn. The lack of Harley, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark does make it an atypical roster amusingly enough.
    Probably because it's more of a Superman Revenge Squad than a Suicide Squad.

BANNED

worst episode by far.
    I hope that the people of Metropolis receives what they deserve, someone attacks the city and they look for Superman to save them, but they can't because they have captured him.
    The fight once again is super boring, if it can be called a fight, first the hero acts as a punching bag, then the villains and at the end the hero again, why so many characters if there is no real combat.
    Lois doubting Clark shows that she is not worthy of knowing the secret.
    a character from the Batman universe appears and of course he is the best at what he does, the characters from the Superverse are losers next to him, how good it is a Superman series.

So caffeine works on this Superman, just like Superman could get drunk in Superman III.

Vicki Vale looks like the traditional representation of Diana Prince, height and all but minus the green eyes. I don't mind Gotham references, just so long as they don't mention you-know-whom.

Lori Lemaris posts YouTube videos, hah.

Glad they're foreshadowing an awakening of his powers.

I thought the cliffhanger nature of this episode would've made it a natural point to (finally) reveal who the General is, but maybe it'll be a better reveal next episode.

Good episode overall. Looking forward to part two. I think the only real weakness is that there are hundreds or thousands of documented incidences of Superman's heroics, but then he finally has a bad day and the people turn on him so quickly.

EDIT: About the fight scenes, Superman vs. these guys is not a fair fight. Either you get an awakened Superman who would wipe the floor with them (which we saw), or you get a Superman whose powers are ebbing and flowing and the villains can get the upper hand. Parasite is also a wild card, and I'd say the only really bad part of the fight is that he seemingly grabs Superman from nowhere, but overall Parasite turns the tide like that. So I think the fights were perfectly fine and sent across the correct message.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 08-18-2023 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    worst episode by far.
    I hope that the people of Metropolis receives what they deserve, someone attacks the city and they look for Superman to save them, but they can't because they have captured him.
    The fight once again is super boring, if it can be called a fight, first the hero acts as a punching bag, then the villains and at the end the hero again, why so many characters if there is no real combat.
    Lois doubting Clark shows that she is not worthy of knowing the secret.
    a character from the Batman universe appears and of course he is the best at what he does, the characters from the Superverse are losers next to him, how good it is a Superman series.
    I think it's just that the power levels are so lopsided both ways. It might be difference once we get someone more on proper footing with Clark that Lara.

Vicki has more experience but the show decidedly did not portray her in a positive light.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably because it's more of a Superman Revenge Squad than a Suicide Squad.
    Regardless it means we finally have a Squad without Harley and you know what, bless this show for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Regardless it means we finally have a Squad without Harley and you know what, bless this show for that.
    Can't argue with that logic .