Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    People are entitled to their own opinions and I don't think it's inherently racist to dislike race bending, but honestly, most complaints about it seem like making a big deal out of nothing. Jimmy's MAWS depiction is excellent; he's likeable, has a great character design, and still feels like Jimmy. That's what matters. Making him black is just an easy way to add more representation.
    I think at the end of the day the characterization should matter more than their race, so if they still feel like themselves, it's fine.

(Heck the only time the ethnicity seemed to inform the characters is Lois' formal wear)

Extraordinary Member

I know we all figure that Lara is the badguy Kryptonain Warrior instead of Zod, but...

...Would Lara-Zod be an acceptable combination of Dru-Zod and Lara-Van?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I haven't properly watched this show, but it seems people really like it on twitter. What's the consensus here?

Great, good or subpar?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I know we all figure that Lara is the badguy Kryptonain Warrior instead of Zod, but...

Would she still be Lara-Zod if she married Jor-El? How does that work again?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I haven't properly watched this show, but it seems people really like it on twitter. What's the consensus here?

Great, good or subpar?
    What's not good but not subpar?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

We're probably never getting full General Zod and they're obviously evoking him with the Lara AI. I guess that would be one way of splitting the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What's not good but not subpar?
    Decent?

Great, good or subpar?
    More people like it than dislike it. Generally, I think people are mostly appreciative that Superman is back in the animated TV show space.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Great, good or subpar?
    Its largely well-received so I would say at least good.

Has its flaws sure, but people are very vocally in love with its depiction of Superman, Lois, and their relationship.

Great, good or subpar?
    Good. The villains are kind of lackluster, but the chemistry between the main trio is great.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Good. The villains are kind of lackluster, but the chemistry between the main trio is great.
    Yeah, the villain revamps/designs are kind of weak for the most part and Superman gets beat up a heckuva lot but the dynamic of the main trio and their characterization is generally on-point.

Great, good or subpar?
    There is no consensus here. Some, like me, really like/love it, some really dislike it, some fall somewhere between.

Oh, and I love the Kaiju Parasite thing here and in Man of Tomorrow.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh, and I love the Kaiju Parasite thing here and in Man of Tomorrow.
    I think the kaiju in superman should have been it's own character
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I felt like both were kind of lacking in terms of "Superman fights a Kaiju" because he's mostly just getting beat on the whole time in either the movie or cartoon, but I at least felt like the resolution to Ivo!Parasite was handled better than MoT Parasite.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think the kaiju in superman should have been it's own character
    Nah, better to utilize existing characters than make up ones, plus the kaiju thing for Parasite makes sense. They're been making him more monstrous and capable of growing larger with energy now for years, this is a logical evolution of the trend.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nah, better to utilize existing characters than make up ones, plus the kaiju thing for Parasite makes sense. They're been making him more monstrous and capable of growing larger with energy now for years, this is a logical evolution of the trend.
    It's not making up characters.I tend to think the artic giant deserves to be it's own thing.I am just against this being a regular thing for parasite.When the character can be done different ways.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"