Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So something just occurred to me. Did Clark actually need glasses before his powers kicked in? Because we see him wearing them before he rescues the car which is supposedly when he discovers them. Does the second episode explain this a little better? Are they approaching it like Spiderman?
    There is no explanation for the glasses. He's still wearing them in the second episode flashback when he visits the space ship crash site.

Just wondering where is Metropolis in this show?

It 4 miles away from Smallville so i though it was in Kansas but it has a ocean-view

It look Chiago-ish to me

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Personally, I liked the way they're approaching Clark. Quaid does a good job as Clark (his Superman needs a bit of work though) and I think they've found a good balance between this uwu persona and an actual interesting character. Jimmy works for me as well.

But the rest? Oh boy. It feels like a cliché storm of every single anime trope they could find. Lois is somewhat sassy, but she's lost her edge and personality, substituted by that of generic cute anime tsundere girl as well as the "girl of the group" cliché. Clark now needs to unlock powers based on emotional like in every single anime ever. The robots came off straight of Evangelion and every villain looks like they belong in Team Rocket.

And the writing itself doesn't approach those clichés in an interesting way either, it's all extremely generic and predictable, like written by algorithm. The pacing of the first two episodes was rushed. The storyline is your average "government wants to capture Superman/wants his own metas as an Anti-Superman squad" thing (but without the panache someone like say, Grant Morrison, gave his version of the storyline in Action Comics), Livewire is no lnoger a cynical celebrity turned supervillain but a generic thief, the other supervillains seem to get their powers from tech as well, Jor-El is a generic gruff-looking space dad (he looked like Odin in his younger years), Krypton is destroyed by a war, Supes' mom I predict will become a villain because she was drawn with villain eyes...

I'm all for modernizing and mixing genres. But here, it's like they took the Superman mythos and story, removed the elements that made it unique and substituted them by a long list of generic clichés. This show would feel by the numbers and written by committee even if it were an original property.

I dunno, I just expected a lot more effort writing wise...
    Lois didn't feel at all like a tsundere here. The only "Tsun" moment was when she was miffed at Clark for leaving when he found out she lied to him, but that was about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So something just occurred to me. Did Clark actually need glasses before his powers kicked in? Because we see him wearing them before he rescues the car which is supposedly when he discovers them. Does the second episode explain this a little better? Are they approaching it like Spiderman?
    It doesn't even seem like he has any of his vision powers yet which is sometimes used as a reason for why the glasses exist.

Hah, seems people are responding well to the Clois romance

Oh and Wyatt confirms that the original two season order still stands and they’re working on S2!

At least we’ll get 20 episodes of a solo Superman cartoon. Obviously would like more, ideally we’d get 5 seasons, but even getting four which is one more than STAS got would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Just wondering where is Metropolis in this show?

It 4 miles away from Smallville so i though it was in Kansas but it has a ocean-view

It look Chiago-ish to me
    They’re seemingly going with the Smallville (CW) take of Metropolis being in Kansas but yes that doesn’t make sense geographically. My headcanon is yeah, Metropolis is in Chicago’s place for this show and Smallville itself is in Illinois.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I think this might be in my Top 3 Superman adaptations of all time now. I totally love the anime vibes, Asian Lois and black Jimmy are absolutely fine changes that work and Clois romance has a very cute dynamic that they never had before. Stoked to see how story will unfold because there is some intrigue behind Superman's backstory. He has new ship that grows (?), he Sailor Moons into his suit and it was fun to see Martha adding trunks as a nice touch. Which is an absolute improvement over her making Clark a suit inspired by Batman in Man of Tomorrow animated movie which was absolute trash take on costume origin.

Really excited to see the secret reveal and plot developing. Seems like Clark is a shonen protagonist this time that gets power boost when he gets emotional, that is so fun.

Source.

The Ordinary Man/Extraordinary Woman dichotomy between what Clark & Lois are aiming to present to the outside world about themselves was very well done in the first episode. I hope Gunn/Corenswet/Brosnahan are taking notes.

Quaid is really good as Clark, as is the rest of the cast. The animation from Studio Mir is stellar as expected and the show has a very refreshing look differentiating it from the rest of the animated Supes adaptations.

Only pet peeve was Livewire as there wasn't a need to change her shock jock origin (the 'shock' part actually played into her powers on purpose). They should have used a villainess with a less unique origin like Rampage or Volcana instead.

Excited to see the show's take on Waller.

Weirdly enough, some places I go to speculated the new Leslie design could have been Used for Mercy Graves.

Still like it overall. Not enthused with Wilson. Didn't need him.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Ordinary Man/Extraordinary Woman dichotomy between what Clark & Lois are aiming to present to the outside world about themselves was very well done in the first episode. I hope Gunn/Corenswet/Brosnahan are taking notes.

Quaid is really good as Clark, as is the rest of the cast. The animation from Studio Mir is stellar as expected and the show has a very refreshing look differentiating it from the rest of the animated Supes adaptations.

Only pet peeve was Livewire as there wasn't a need to change her shock jock origin (the 'shock' part actually played into her powers on purpose). They should have used a villainess with a less unique origin like Rampage or Volcana instead.

Excited to see the show's take on Waller.
    Rampage's origin is pretty unique in as far as innocent scientist gets forced into being a rage beast that can't control herself (Oh wait, that's the Hulk )

Livewire felt more like Whisper O'Daire than Livewire.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I think this might be in my Top 3 Superman adaptations of all time now. I totally love the anime vibes, Asian Lois and black Jimmy are absolutely fine changes that work and Clois romance has a very cute dynamic that they never had before. Stoked to see how story will unfold because there is some intrigue behind Superman's backstory. He has new ship that grows (?), he Sailor Moons into his suit and it was fun to see Martha adding trunks as a nice touch. Which is an absolute improvement over her making Clark a suit inspired by Batman in Man of Tomorrow animated movie which was absolute trash take on costume origin.

Really excited to see the secret reveal and plot developing. Seems like Clark is a shonen protagonist this time that gets power boost when he gets emotional, that is so fun.

Source.
    Wasn't the MoT prototype suit based off Batman while the main suit was original?

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Rampage's origin is pretty unique in as far as innocent scientist gets forced into being a rage beast that can't control herself (Oh wait, that's the Hulk )

Livewire felt more like Whisper O'Daire than Livewire.

Wasn't the MoT prototype suit based off Batman while the main suit was original?
    No, I remember when Martha made him the main suit, she told Clark that she based it off the Batman guy she saw in newspapers. Still haunts me to this day.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Is Waller going to make a "Suicide Squad" of Superman villains with Livewire, Parasite, Toyman and whoever else is appearing on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is Waller going to make a "Suicide Squad" of Superman villains with Livewire, Parasite, Toyman and whoever else is appearing on the show?
    I don't think it will be limited to superman villains as we already saw they include Deathstroke hint at Amazo & eater eggs of Starro & Monsieur Mallah

It would be cool to see a majority of superman villains like Livewire & Bloodsport but i would like them to also include other villains like Killer Frost, Tatooed man, Black spider & King shark (who i believe is a superman villain)

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    I don't think it will be limited to superman villains as we already saw they include Deathstroke hint at Amazo & eater eggs of Starro & Monsieur Mallah

It would be cool to see a majority of superman villains like Livewire & Bloodsport but i would like them to also include other villains like Killer Frost, Tatooed man, Black spider & King shark (who i believe is a superman villain)
    Well you’re going to get your wish with one character, spoilers:
    apparently a gender bent Heatwave will be on Waller’s team.
    end of spoilers. Would have preferred Volcana myself but it’s not a big deal to me. Toyman is also supposedly going to show up at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    There's also Metallo in the intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well you’re going to get your wish with one character, spoilers:
    apparently a gender bent Heatwave will be on Waller’s team.
    end of spoilers. Would have preferred Volcana myself but it’s not a big deal to me. Toyman is also supposedly going to show up at some point.
    That sounds so random.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I interpreted Metropolis as being their equivalent of Kansas City. Same as I did on Smallville. If Smallville is located around the middle of the state, the 100 and some odd miles distance makes a bit of sense. Especially if it's near a waterfront of some kind. Like a river. It would also make sense when he gets called "Kansas". If Metropolis is in Missouri. Being a kid's show I'm probably overthinking this.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's also Metallo in the intro.

That sounds so random.
    Fits with everyone being tech based in this show, and they clearly enjoy drawing on the wider DCU.