Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This still won't surpass Superman: the animated series by a long mile.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Eh, it's got better animation and, so far, better characterization for Superman. Give it time and it'll have a good shot

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It also seems to be airing the next day on CN/Adult Swim around 6-7:30 PM so who knows what’s up with the scheduling. It’s on adult swim because CN is pretty infantile these days, there’s no action shows at all, strictly comedy stuff like TTG.
    Isn't this normal with CN? I don't get why DC keeps putting shows on there when they're clearly not wanted. Do they not have a choice about it or something?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Isn't this normal with CN? I don't get why DC keeps putting shows on there when they're clearly not wanted. Do they not have a choice about it or something?
    It’s also on Max which I assume was always envisioned as the primary place to watch the show (this was greenlit when WB was making a big push for Max content). Unlike YJ where if you didn’t get the new episode the day it came out, you were never going to see it, and the release dates were a mess, this has a consistent release schedule and you can always find it on Max. The previous CN heads are gone I believe, and Gunn/Safran have full control over everything DC. If they aren’t happy then we will probably see changes, but I don’t think it’s a big deal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Look, I like STAS, but MAWS has already surpassed it in terms of Lois and Clark's relationship. Plus, Batman won't show up to steal Supe's girl in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Look, I like STAS, but MAWS has already surpassed it in terms of Lois and Clark's relationship. Plus, Batman won't show up to steal Supe's girl in this one.
    Translation: It not written by a writer who using Batman as a self insert

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It’s also on Max which I assume was always envisioned as the primary place to watch the show (this was greenlit when WB was making a big push for Max content). Unlike YJ where if you didn’t get the new episode the day it came out, you were never going to see it, and the release dates were a mess, this has a consistent release schedule and you can always find it on Max. The previous CN heads are gone I believe, and Gunn/Safran have full control over everything DC. If they aren’t happy then we will probably see changes, but I don’t think it’s a big deal.
    I'm reminded Unicorn: Warriors Eternal which was made for similar audiences was airing in MAWS spot and apparently managed to hold good ratings itself.

From the looks of it being on Adult Swim is better than CN, because it actually gets reruns at a watchable. Currently CN is airing All-Star Superman which will end before another rerun of the first 2 episodes at 8.

Unlike with with prior DC shows, there are multiple times to watch this show now.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Translation: It not written by a writer who using Batman as a self insert
    That does help. I can't imagine this Lois would actually consider something with Bruce when she's already interested in Clark, doing so even just to mess with him would be too hurtful.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Airing on Adult Swim reaches more folks as I don't have to get HBO Max to see it.

Also with Adult Swim shows they rerun at least 6 times depending on what hour they start with.

Since most providers have both versions of Cartoon Network that air 1-3 hours behind each other of the same shows.

Now in terms of what ratings do they use at least the last time I checked they count every showing.

So if this airs at 7 Pm and gets say 1.5 million
    1 AM showing gets 700K
    6 Am showing gets say 500K

They are going to look at all those showings and probably the other channel's version as well.

Now if I was WB-I might look at the CW. Use that to show MAWS (at least for one time slot) instead showing shows that WB.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-cw-...lete-schedule/

Tuesdays bring comedy back to The CW with four sitcoms that aren't new, per se, but they are new to America. Three Canadian series move south: The '80s-set coming-of-age story Son of a Critch leads things off at 8/7c, followed by Run the Burbs, from Kim's Convenience's Andrew Phung, and Children Ruin Everything, a series about how children ruin everything, at 9/8c. At 9:30/8:30c, it's the British comedy Everyone Else Burns, a family comedy about a religious clan who think the world's about to end. Wednesdays showcase back-to-back dramas from Canada: Sullivan's Crossing, featuring the return of CW stars Chad Michael Murray and Scott Patterson, and The Spencer Sisters, starring Lea Thompson.

The CW fall TV 2023 Tuesday night schedule (3 shows have been renewed for season 3)
    8 p.m.: SON OF A CRITCH (Season 1)
    8:30 p.m.: RUN THE BURBS (Season 1)
    9 p.m.: CHILDREN RUIN EVERYTHING (Season 1)
    9:30 p.m.: EVERYONE ELSE BURNS (Season 1) Only 6 episodes

The CW fall TV 2023 Wednesday night schedule
    8 p.m.: SULLIVAN'S CROSSING (Season 1)
    9 p.m.: THE SPENCER SISTERS (Season 1)
    I mean why are they writing checks to their competition? NBC and Paramount. Including Hasbro that has some ownership in the last two shows listed.

When you own enough stuff to NOT do that.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WB does not own TheCW anymore. They only have a 12% minority stake in the network and thus they control next to nothing about how TheCW airs anything. They arent contributing to the network.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In fairness this was the first episode(s) and they're going for a slower burn than Invincible, but they're leaning more into anime SoL and Avatar than American Alien in my opinion.
    Anime's today is built around concept and story first approach.We no longer have long running serieses like one piece,naruto..etc now.These where slow burn, especially one piece.People don't have the patience.If it doesn't grab you from the get go people do drop things.Ofcourse,this can blow up like demon slayer with one episoode.i am not discounting that.But,so far it failed to capture me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Eh, it's got better animation and, so far, better characterization for Superman. Give it time and it'll have a good shot
    Animation is smooth..but the arstyle..yeah!would give tas the edge.
    Not many People go in to watch superman for lois and clark..They can just want superman.Lois and clark as a bonus.
    It felt more evangalion than mechanical monster..Yet,yet,it fails bring about the sense of awe!that either of these two did in these series.So that's my take on the whole thing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-09-2023 at 07:50 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I’m fine with the race bending with Lois and Perry but why not keep Jimmy a redhead? Also is this the first time Lois falls for Clark first? She though he was a hunk. What do you think of pretty boy Deathstroke ?
    Not the first time, but probably the quickest.
    I'd at least give S:TAS the edge in terms of building up their relationship more naturally instead of having them instantly head over heels within seconds of meeting each other even when they barely know each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That does help. I can't imagine this Lois would actually consider something with Bruce when she's already interested in Clark, doing so even just to mess with him would be too hurtful.
    Batman would probably be the Shonen rival character.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Anime's today is built around concept and story first approach.We no longer have long running serieses like one piece,naruto..etc now.These where slow burn, especially one piece.People don't have the patience.If it doesn't grab you from the get go people do drop things.Ofcourse,this can blow up like demon slayer with one episoode.i am not discounting that.But,so far it failed to capture me.
    Fair enough, but the three episode rule is a thing!
    Animation is smooth..but the arstyle..yeah!would give tas the edge.
    Not an Avatar/Voltron Legendary Defender fan?
    Not many People go in to watch superman for lois and clark..They can just want superman.Lois and clark as a bonus.
    I would say both are pretty integral parts of the Superman experience. Superman is just the action/Superhero portion of the story.
    It felt more evangalion than mechanical monster..Yet,yet,it fails bring about the sense of awe!that either of these two did in these series.So that's my take on the whole thing.
    I don't think they were going for that, the focus was more on Clarks' Superhero debut.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they were going for that, the focus was more on Clarks' Superhero debut.
    I love avatar..but the artsryle was different. here something felt off..I think it might be designs.And i would rank avatar over superman tas by a mile.Max fliescher cartoon still beats that though when it comes to animation and artstyle.

You can't build up Clark's superhero action if you don't build up the opponent.If you feel the awestruck by the opponent then you will feel the weight of Clark's punches.There is the whole scene in max fleischer cartoons where these guys land from the sky and cause havoc.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-09-2023 at 10:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    No, I remember when Martha made him the main suit, she told Clark that she based it off the Batman guy she saw in newspapers. Still haunts me to this day.
    I get world-building. When audiences are watching a Superman movie/TV show and there's a Batman reference, it's kind of exciting to know that Batman is out there. But, it just blows my mind that some of these creators don't understand that making Superman seem like a Bat-copycat comes with some negative consequences, too. It's especially dumb, IMO, that you're trying to kickoff a DC universe with Superman and you don't really leverage the character's history as the pioneering superhero. Use that to make Superman more appealing to the audience!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I watched the first two episodes at the weekend and really enjoyed it. It's a very safe Anime version full of the usual tried-and-tested tropes, character types and designs but I'm all for it.

That said, it looks really cheap, episode two more so than episode one. The final fight with Livewire, especially inside the energy bubble, looked like frames were missing/skipping. If they're aiming for the Anime crowd they need to really up the animation budget.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

1. I really enjoyed it and I see the value of fleshing out the supporting cast, I usually don’t .
    2. It was so much fun and family friendly.
    3. They must check message boards because it really tried to thread the needle with all Superman fans getting a nod.
    4. Fleisher Cartoons! (Timm-verse too!) I did not expect such a direct connection!
    5. I like the nod to Morrison’s run. It also leaves room for Superboy and the Legion.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 07-10-2023 at 07:25 AM.