Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not sure. Honestly where Williamson left off was already great. He apologized for his actions made a great sacrifice and established a new subplot of how Eobard is tied into his own life.

Here he completely narrates some absurdity to completely switch off what happened prior because Johns can not accept his creation received character development without him writing.

Either way this sort of stuff usually means the character is off-limits to other writers (in this case Spurrier) so who knows when will we see Hunter ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    While at first I was a bit underwhelmed by how Johns basically reset Hunter's development, I think I trust him more nowadays than during the days of Flash: Rebirth because Johns has shown he has grown as writer based on recent works like Flashpoint Beyond and the current JSA reboot. He probably has a few twists planned for the classic Wally and Hunter dynamic.

By the way, considering that this anniversary issue was handled by some of the most important Wally West writers, I'm actually ashamed that I didn't mention how disappointing it is that William Messner-Loebs was absent here. He's easily one of the most influential creators that worked on the character and he was basically the one who cemented the personality of modern Wally.
    Yeah honestly it should of been him instead of Williamson.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Always Rakzo

Eh, I think I would have been fine without Adams' little story instead (to be honest, I don't think he has earned his place among the rest of the creators).

Adams had to be there, this was the finale of his run.

It's true about Williamson though - his story here was good, but he originally wrote a Barry Allen run, not a Wally West one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Always Rakzo

Well, this is also "The Flash" anniversary so it makes sense for Williamson to be there considering he had a long run on the series.

Plus, whenever he wrote Wally he paid a lot of respect for him, possibly even more than Barry (and let's not forget that Williamson single-handedly salvaged Wally right after Heroes in Crisis).

BANNED

Well, this is also "The Flash" anniversary so it makes sense for Williamson to be there considering he had a long run on the series.

Plus, whenever he wrote Wally he paid a lot of respect for him, possibly even more than Barry (and let's not forget that Williamson single-handedly salvaged Wally right after Heroes in Crisis).
    Yeah, Messner-Loebs is really not given his proper credit and respect for everything he did for the character. He's right up there with Waid as the definitive Wally West writer for me. Those two guys, along with Augustyn, are pretty much responsible for the modern version of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That editor's note in Mark Waid's Impulse story was f**king brutal
    Okay, I'm not sure when I'll next be in a comic shop, so could you please share this editor's note?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure when I'll next be in a comic shop, so could you please share this editor's note?
    You're a f**king sadist, ya know that?

The footnote is as follows

"This story takes place between Impulse 6 and 7. Yes, Impulse used to have his own book. Ask your parents."

Eh, I think I would have been fine without Adams' little story instead (to be honest, I don't think he has earned his place among the rest of the creators).
    You are the only person I've seen that doesn't like Adams.

His run is an all timer in my opinion.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Eh, pretty sure that there are other people besides me based on sales (and based on reactions on his first Green Lantern issue).

Also, is not really that much as I don't like him as much as I think his work (so far) is mostly mid.

If people weren't enjoying it, they probably hadn't even tried it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Haven't bought / read it and probably won't since it sounds like Jay (the ORIGINAL one who was "The Flash") doesn't even get a solo story in this . . .

I believe this is sitting in my pull folder at my LCS. However, after reading through this thread it sounds very underwhelming.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

His run is an all timer in my opinion.
    Eh, pretty sure that there are other people besides me based on sales (and based on reactions on his first Green Lantern issue).

Also, is not really that much as I don't like him as much as I think his work (so far) is mostly mid.
    Personally think he’s one of the better Flash writers and put in a TON of difficult work elevating Wally back up top. I’m gonna miss him, even if I know his writing wasn’t for everyone. Anecdotally, all my comic circle is raving over current Green Lantern, so he definitely has fans of his writing style.

I also feel called out by Waid. Lol. I probably have those Impulse comics in a box somewhere.

Loved this issue so much I bought 10 copies to give out to all the kids in my family and friends kids. I read digitally these last 10 years but this was too good not to share.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!