Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Northstar’s husband is at least one. Not sure on others. Technically the dead baseline humans and mutants from Genosha became the first mutants in wibbley wobbler time Loop machinations but that probably doesn’t count
    kingpin through marriage
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    I would not have minded at all if Jean had HER own house (Grey House) where she entertained her own reverse-harem of gentleman callers, but she lived with Scott in HIS house (Summers House, duh) and in HIS room , where she had sex with another guy other than him ?! Thats most disrespectful, everyone knows you just don’t disrespect your legal spouse by having sex with your sidepiece in the same household and in the same bedroom and on/in the same bed where you have sex with your legal spouse unless there’s already a formal express harem or reverse-harem tsk tsk tsk
    There are poly families where a person having a 'side piece' or in this case fully equal meramour and paramour having relations in a co owned home... Jean is a summers by marriage, so a "Summer House" is as much Jean's house as Scotts
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    There are poly families where a person having a 'side piece' or in this case fully equal meramour and paramour having relations in a co owned home... Jean is a summers by marriage, so a "Summer House" is as much Jean's house as Scotts
    Ah , but it diminishes Jean’s status to become just a “Summers-by-marriage”, for the longest time, from her marriage to Scott in 1994 until her death in 1994 (by who I believe was a gestalt of Magneto unknowingly fused with Xorn, unknowingly possessed by Sublime, but thats a whole other can of Xilo LOL) , Jean adopted a hyphenated name , Jean GREY-SUMMERS

But anyway , my point is , since she was not even a “full” Summers like Scott/Alex/Gabe or a blood-Summers like their children Nathan and Rachel , it is the worst optics for her to be having an extramarital fling with a non-Summers while in the Summers House (NOT the Grey-Summers House, mind you). It’s akin to an artist secretly working on a DC project while they are currently on-contract on-the-clock on-the-floor of the Bullpen in the Marvel Corporate HQ Building.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Nobody says "I'm not in the mood" to someone they haven't married or banged recently. Come on, lol.

Astonishing Member

While human family members of mutants haven't been given a ton of focus in the books, they definitely are present on Krakoa. In addition to the ones mentioned, its clear that its not just high-profile mutants who get exceptions made to allow human family members on Krakoa - the first Marauders series had that issue showing them rescuing a mutant named Lash who was being coerced into working in a shipyard by threats against her human parents and sister. The Marauders rescued her family as well as her, and then a data page said "Lash and her family join a burgeoning society on Krakoa" - so there's definitely precedent that some mutant refugees who had to be rescued and helped to Krakoa do bring their human family members with them.

Even if they didn't allow humans to emigrate there, there would soon be a human population because the children of mutants are sometimes human. If they didn't allow humans, what happens when all those mutants start making babies and a substantial minority are human?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Even if they didn't allow humans to emigrate there, there would soon be a human population because the children of mutants are sometimes human. If they didn't allow humans, what happens when all those mutants start making babies and a substantial minority are human?
    This crop of mutant idiots hasn’t thought that far in advance yet
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    This crop of mutant idiots hasn’t thought that far in advance yet
    Is that supposed to be a problem bc i dont see the issue with that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is that supposed to be a problem bc i dont see the issue with that
    I know it was only a few hours ago, but I have no idea what point I was trying to make above. Maybe I read the previous post wrong. Anyway, I agree with you. No issue.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

Most even. Of the original five X-Men, I think Beast was the only one who was a mutant from birth. The rest made it to puberty before sprouting wings or shooting lasers out of their face. Ditto the 'All-New' line up. Only Nightcrawler, IIRC, had a fully-expressed X-gene at birth.

I'd imagine that the vast majority of children born on Krakoa have a decade plus of being human to look forward to, even *if* they become mutants. (And Graydon Creed and possibly the Fisher King are proof that even two mutant parents can occasionally pop out a non-mutant kid.)

I am intrigued by how Krakoa and Arakko respectively treat their non-mutant populations. 'Weaponless' Szen and the Fisher King seem to have done okay for themselves on Arakko, but in a society so ruthlessly centered around what you can do with your mutant power, not who you are as a person, it must be distinctly not-fun to be 'just human.' (Even if the non-mutant children of mutant parents are still valued in the abstract for the mutant gene they carry, however latent it is, since a non-mutant like Lucinda Guthrie can clearly pump out a half-dozen mutant kids!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Most even. Of the original five X-Men, I think Beast was the only one who was a mutant from birth. The rest made it to puberty before sprouting wings or shooting lasers out of their face. Ditto the 'All-New' line up. Only Nightcrawler, IIRC, had a fully-expressed X-gene at birth.

I'd imagine that the vast majority of children born on Krakoa have a decade plus of being human to look forward to, even *if* they become mutants. (And Graydon Creed and possibly the Fisher King are proof that even two mutant parents can occasionally pop out a non-mutant kid.)

I am intrigued by how Krakoa and Arakko respectively treat their non-mutant populations. 'Weaponless' Szen and the Fisher King seem to have done okay for themselves on Arakko, but in a society so ruthlessly centered around what you can do with your mutant power, not who you are as a person, it must be distinctly not-fun to be 'just human.' (Even if the non-mutant children of mutant parents are still valued in the abstract for the mutant gene they carry, however latent it is, since a non-mutant like Lucinda Guthrie can clearly pump out a half-dozen mutant kids!)
    No all the original and GS X-men were all mutant at birth, not human. They only appeared human bc their X-gene wasnt expressed. Back then tere was little known about X-genes and DNA so it was simple to assume they were all human. Krakoa and tech is so advance now that all kids can be screened to determine if they are actually mutant so there is no need to wait a decade to get those answers