Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post

Illyana being infected with some machines makes wonder about her involvement in realm of x
    It does look like they're repeating Bendis' story where her powers as well as those of Cylcops, Emma, and Magneto were malfunctioning because of nanosentinels in their bloodstreams.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    God dammit. I forgot Typhoid Mary was a mutant.
    Her best era was as Mutant Zero. She was way more awesome then.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I Love the last page.

Emma growth is infinite

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    It seems that come issue 24? (The Fall of X) ShadowKat will be the one tasked with going inside Orchis trying to figure how to break out mutants that were imprisoned by them.

We now also an idea as to how cable is captured…makes me wonder who else is getting locked up in those Orchis prisons. I can totally see them getting cypher, taking away Krakoa's voice would be pretty symbolic tbh
    The prison will be interesting in how it's used. I wonder if they'll be rounding up mutants in NYC in addition to locking up Krakoans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparda V View Post
    Sure like this totally wasn't Planned from the Start . Wells already said in the past that he's still part of the X men writing team, this isn't them doing clean up but Just continuing his dumb idea for Kamala.
    I dunno, killing a character like Kamala Khan seems like it comes from the top. Maybe Wells presented the idea but such a popular character in both the comics and MCU is handled by a lot of people.

Regarding Jean and Scott, to be perfectly honest I still think the main issue was the pulling off of Scott's visor in front of the team. I personally see that as a violation and then Jean saying it's her job to "stomp" him kinda adds to the whole thing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

There is so much sloppy writing in this that I don't know if I can bother to think over the stuff that looks like it is done well. Let's just see where it goes.

The Red Dragon

The Scott/Jean drama is one of the most forced/lazy attempts I have ever seen. I can’t even take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The Scott/Jean drama is one of the most forced/lazy attempts I have ever seen. I can’t even take it seriously.
    Same! And I would LOVE to see Jean being single. But this entire storyline is so weirdly forced...

Maybe there's still more to be shown, perhaps even a flashback in Jean's mini that further elaborates how things got to this point. Feels like we're still very much in the beginning stages of this story.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Same! And I would LOVE to see Jean being single. But this entire storyline is so weirdly forced...
    I dont care whether they stay together or break up, but the conflict is just done so poorly and lazily, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth regardless of the outcome.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Loved that Magik moment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Loved that Magik moment.
    Same, that was a great moment for her and I like how the seeds are being planted for whatever happens that leads her to Realm of X.

I want to say also the use of misinformation that Orchis is using against mutants is terribly frightening, especially considering what is happening in the real world. It was also incredibly smart of them to react to the information before the x-men
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Yeah same, I just really can't imagine Cable getting captured and especially getting sent to some prison. He's not really a character that is careless enough to let this happen so I really wonder how he gets caught
    Same here. Agree with every word of this!

I want to say also the use of misinformation that Orchis is using against mutants is terribly frightening, especially considering what is happening in the real world. It was also incredibly smart of them to react to the information before the x-men
    And this too. Spot on. It’s clever writing by Duggan, playing on things happening in the real world.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Getting Scott and Jean back together for the soft-reboot was already forced (it was just like suddenly putting Xavier back in a wheelchair for the launch of adjectiveless X-Men), and it didn't help that there's been vanishingly little visible love or chemistry between them since they got back together for the Krakoa soft-reboot. Duggan wants us to be agog at the possibility of them splitting up, but the better question is: why are they together to begin with? It's like they met up on Krakoa and felt mutually obligated to get back to it since their marriage was never annulled.

I can't remember now, but was there ever a sequence where we see Jean and Scott together in the bedroom, and Scott tells her what he's been up to since she died? Like, "okay, read my mind, I've been through a lot and I might not be the same person you remember, and there's a lot you need to know about before this goes any farther."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    Getting Scott and Jean back together for the soft-reboot was already forced (it was just like suddenly putting Xavier back in a wheelchair for the launch of adjectiveless X-Men), and it didn't help that there's been vanishingly little visible love or chemistry between them since they got back together for the Krakoa soft-reboot. Duggan wants us to be agog at the possibility of them splitting up, but the better question is: why are they together to begin with? It's like they met up on Krakoa and felt mutually obligated to get back to it since their marriage was never annulled.

I can't remember now, but was there ever a sequence where we see Jean and Scott together in the bedroom, and Scott tells her what he's been up to since she died? Like, "okay, read my mind, I've been through a lot and I might not be the same person you remember, and there's a lot you need to know about before this goes any farther."
    I am not saying this all wouldn't have been great to have happened, but that was basically the way House of X worked. Everything was just a big time jump with no explanation of why anyone was doing anything. It is not like it came out of nowhere, as the end of Rosenberg's run showed they were going to hook back up.