Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I feel really dumb for not retrospectivley working out that Stasis's clone family were Sinisters from the Further Adventure of Cyclops and Phoenix mini unitl it was really clearly spelled out in this issue...I really like that mini and his identity was revealed about 10 or so issues ago now, so no excuses for me!

I'm not really sold on the Mother Righteous reveal (or her as a character in general still).

One thing I am fond of seeing is Cassara drawing Magik with more of a lightsaber style soulsword not a big fan of the giant anime sword style design.

I guess I would be naive to think this hasn't always to a point been the case at Marvel but now more than ever I feel the books are being written by editors and not writers. This was absolute trash. Lots of exposition that never took place. We're supposed to just take their word for it. Where did this huge Scott and Jean schism come from? That stupid brood story?

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

Poor Polaris
    Bwah hah hah

Oh dear god I hope this isn't how they're going to fix the mess with Kamala. It's just so bad. So, so bad. We all know its terrible, right? Especially if they actually bring her back as a mutant. And oh, given what happened in Immortal, if they actually reveal the SoS stuff, it would make them bringing her 'back' like that look horrible and probably ruin her life regardless.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I guess I would be naive to think this hasn't always to a point been the case at Marvel but now more than ever I feel the books are being written by editors and not writers. This was absolute trash. Lots of exposition that never took place. We're supposed to just take their word for it. Where did this huge Scott and Jean schism come from? That stupid brood story?
    Yes, that is the reason.

Best X-Book of the day, and that's a tough call because Immortal was really good also. I think Cassara on art is what put it over the top for me.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I guess Jean and Cyclops broke up the same way they got back together. Off panel and not even on a data page. Character progression has been one of this era's biggest weaknesses.

I'm not wild about the Mother Righteous reveal AT ALL. Her not being a Nathaniel takes away a lot of the fun of it for me. Now it's three Nathaniels and one Rebecca, and it seems like Rebecca is running circles around the other three. Stasis in particular seems utterly useless. It's especially weird since when Stasis met Righteous in the Sins timeline, he had no reaction to seeing her face like he did here. He just acted like she was another Sinister, not his dead wife.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Dead serious my first though with the "its my job to stomp him" was like "Yeah, i'm not doing this to myself." it may be good but all i see is myself getting upset at Jean so i may sit this issue out, i don't have much interest in fall so i don't think i'll be missing much from the review.

I just can see if Cyclops was like "that's my job" we would have been at page 82 on how writers have had him stomping on her appearances from the day Scott was born.
    Lol, if we had Cyclops say "its my job to stomp her", Xtwitter would be on fire, and the forums would be in an uproar to cancel Duggan and Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I found the Emma/Scott scene hard to believe. Emma is obsessed with being w/Scott Summers. no way she doesn't try to move in/exploit/add to any conflict he is having with Jean Grey.
    It was really hard to believe.
    I don't see any unvierse where Emma would treat Scott like this because of Jean.
    Emma that kidnapped a 16 year old scott and tried to brainwash him to be hers
    Emma that made out with scott over jeans grave
    Emma that had a mental breakdown and started a war because scott died.
    Lol, this is my problem with this "we're all besties now!" Era.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I'm having a hard time with how to read their conversation. I think its more friendly/joking flirting than serious flirting on Emma's part and I'm not sure about Scott. But its just so tonally jarring. How do you go from being flirty to telling him his friend is dead? I can get Scott flirting because he doesn't know why he was asked there (but its still weird from a writing stand point) but jeez Emma's lines are harder to reconcile.
    Duggans Emma in this issue had zero empathy or tenderness. I don't see anyway Emma would break the news to him like this unless there's already a grudge between them.

If it was that Scott has been ignoring her since the beginning of Krakoa and is now running to her, i would understand. But the writers have been " Claiming " that Scott and Emma are still in a relationship, so the whole scene just feels off.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I'm not wild about the Mother Righteous reveal AT ALL. Her not being a Nathaniel takes away a lot of the fun of it for me. Now it's three Nathaniels and one Rebecca, and it seems like Rebecca is running circles around the other three. Stasis in particular seems utterly useless. It's especially weird since when Stasis met Righteous in the Sins timeline, he had no reaction to seeing her face like he did here. He just acted like she was another Sinister, not his dead wife.
    They just ruined the 4 sinisters stuff by making M.R to be Rebecca Essex.
    Plus the way Stasis and her are now talking as if they are actual husband and wife goes against the way M.R was written by Gillen and Spurrier to not care about the Essex identity and wanting to create her own unique identity. The upcoming 4 sinisters book shows her and stasis hanging out like they're couples on a date smh

M.R seemed like a kind of trans allegory, now its just Sinisters wifes clone, who is hanging out with sinisters clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Best X-Book of the day, and that's a tough call because Immortal was really good also. I think Cassara on art is what put it over the top for me.
    Same, man. Same.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I would argue that Righteous "allying" herself with Stasis is probably part of her plot.

Yeah we know it seemed weird that Krakoa era started with jean and scott being together again without seeing them even talking before hox/pox. I mean jean was dead for so long and a lot has happened since new X-men. Jean died before they could even try to solve their issues.

Scott has changed since Jean’s death in new X-men. But Phoenix resurrection has one interesting scene. Jean actually knows what has happened to/with scott since her death. She reads his mind. She even doesn’t let him talk because she already knew everything

IMG_0320.jpg IMG_0321.jpg

About poly thing. Emma was treated shitty if she even was part of that. As I already said. Emma and scott drifted apart and last gala showed it. They might still trust each other but there is no more so much intimacy. Scott doesn’t seem to keep in touch with Emma. Or if they meet they never spend time on talking and knowing each other. Scott didn’t know about Emma’s problems and how alone she feels. So making Emma some kind of rebound or 2nd choice would be just the worst thing Duggan can come up with.
    Last edited by Braxxer; 06-08-2023 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Yeah we know it seemed weird that Krakoa era started with jean and scott being together again without seeing them even talking before hox/pox. I mean jean was dead for so long and a lot has happened since new X-men. Jean died before they could even try to solve their issues.

Scott has changed since Jean’s death in new X-men. But Phoenix resurrection has one interesting scene. Jean actually knows what has happened to/with scott since her death. She reads his mind. She even doesn’t let him talk because she already knew everything

IMG_0320.jpg IMG_0321.jpg
    Again, I encourage those who feel this way to reread the time displacement run, which is considered canon. Jean found out all about what transpired after her ascension in New X-Men and, for a time, was angry at Scott to the point that she didn’t want to be near him. Subsequently, they moved on and went their separate ways, even entering into a few romantic relationships with others. They also got the opportunity to talk and work with the adult versions of each other, giving them greater insight into themselves, one another, and their relationship as a whole. Eventually, they got back together before going back to the past. The Phoenix Resurrection scene you shared was a pivotal moment in their relationship. Another pivotal moment occurred after Scott was brought back by Cable in Uncanny X-Men Annual #2 (2019). Ultimately, the adage ‘hindsight is twenty-twenty’ applies to them and their relationship.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Feels like they're speed-running bringing back a mutant Kamala clone before Orchis sabotages the resurrection protocols.

One of the first things, if not the first, Scott wanted to do after his return was see Jean.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."