Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Not that he's pushed it a lot, but I don't think any other writers really imply anything, but he does. There was the issue in Marauders where Storm confronted her about Kate's death and she talks about seeing him be brought back to life that gave people reasons to think it might be a thing. Some of parts of the Hellfire Gala issue last year make people think he's pushing it. And this issue too, people were wondering and I can't tell how he intended it to come off because of his other issues. Most of the time its just some light flirting but it feels more if Duggan is writing it.
    It seems like Duggan's intention in this is that Emma blows Scott off so he just has Jean. Duggan (and Jordan White, it would be fair to assume) is the main "Scott Summers, Wife, and Kid" guy. I'm remembering all the Noto issues.
    This story will show us (well, show y'all, anyway lol) why Scott and Jean should still be a thing, if the writing doesn't degrade further.

How are people getting vibes of Scott and Emma together from this issue?
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-08-2023 at 11:46 AM.

Not that he's pushed it a lot, but I don't think any other writers really imply anything, but he does. There was the issue in Marauders where Storm confronted her about Kate's death and she talks about seeing him be brought back to life that gave people reasons to think it might be a thing. Some of parts of the Hellfire Gala issue last year make people think he's pushing it. And this issue too, people were wondering and I can't tell how he intended it to come off because of his other issues. Most of the time its just some light flirting but it feels more if Duggan is writing it.
    Imo Duggan has never really pushed scemma. For me it always looked more like a joke to him. To write some snarky comment etc when it comes to scemma. Even at the gala last year and scene with Emma reading newspaper and “this is how this man decides to fu*k me”

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    How are people getting vibes of Scott and Emma together from this issue?
    I'm leaning towards not (I don't want her in the open relationship) but when the panels were released early people were wondering because of his past writing of them. Its probably playful flirting from Emma but I'm having a harder time with Scotts dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Imo Duggan has never really pushed scemma. For me it always looked more like a joke to him. To write some snarky comment etc when it comes to scemma. Even at the gala last year and scene with Emma reading newspaper and “this is how this man decides to fu*k me”
    I don't know how the scene with Storm could be considered a joke (other than Emma letting Storm hit her more). The part I've seen people argue show him pushing Scemma or evidence of her being with Scott was the earlier scene with the dress and her comments about diamond form.

Amazing Member

IMO I do feel ppl are reading too much into the Scott and Emma dialogue at the end. Emma has always had a fondness for Scott and flirty/suggestive dialogue with him. Scott can be a bit flirty as well but the quick switch up in the convo to kamala's death imo is b/c Emma knows that Kamala was someone close to him (time displaced version) and she wanted to be able to deliver the news presumably because it may factor into whatever plan they briefly mentioned that we do not yet know about. If anything it shows how much Emma does care for Scott

can we please get scott away from duggan? he handles him horribly. scott isn't some oaf that doesn't know what he's doing in battle. duggan has no clue

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    can we please get scott away from duggan? he handles him horribly. scott isn't some oaf that doesn't know what he's doing in battle. duggan has no clue
    Like why Scott asked Emma if kingpin is actually mystique. I know it was a joke but if scott found out kingpin lives in Krakoa his 1st question would be if they can trust kingpin and if it’s safe to have him here

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    Like why Scott asked Emma if kingpin is actually mystique. I know it was a joke but if scott found out kingpin lives in Krakoa his 1st question would be if they can trust kingpin and if it’s safe to have him here
    The battle with the sentinel, especially if the plan was not to just get Magik to destroy it on sight, should have started with Scott pointing out this was a new enemy and that they should take the opportunity to test it for weaknesses and study it before letting Firestar know it was her turn to play pretend leader. So many little things that should come so easy to a writer. never mind anyone who has read Scott, it must be intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Fallen Friend has a textless preview out, and it pretty much reveals that Emma's janitorial work will fail. She won't be able to make people forget Kamala was killed or protect her secret identity before they bring her back, as we see the Avengers, Champions and Wolverine (not sure about other X-Men, though Dust ought to be there at least since she was a Champion) openly attending what seems to be her funeral.

How did Emma find out before Scott anyway? From Iron Man?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fallen Friend has a textless preview out, and it pretty much reveals that Emma's janitorial work will fail. She won't be able to make people forget Kamala was killed or protect her secret identity before they bring her back, as we see the Avengers, Champions and Wolverine (not sure about other X-Men, though Dust ought to be there at least since she was a Champion) openly attending what seems to be her funeral.

How did Emma find out before Scott anyway? From Iron Man?
    I assumed her comment about janitorial duty was her wiping peoples minds of her identity once she's brought back. Unless no one is planning (in universe) for her to be brought back. I don't see the harm in letting people know the identity of a dead hero, but a living one is a big concern for friends/family.

I also assumed Kingpin told her. He arrived on Krakoa in X-Men 22 which would have been the same month as ASM 26s release (although that doesn't necessarily mean anything). He was in New York previously and it seems like he probably mentioned it when they were talking which is why she called Scott to her right after.

Astonishing Member

She doesn't have to prevent people from finding out Ms. Marvel dies and is resurrected though. She's presumably just trying to protect Kamala's secret identity which simply means people not being aware Kamala's temporarily dead or linking whatever they think happens to her to Ms. Marvel's death.

Extraordinary Member

The problem I keep running into with any way I see this (the Emma/Scott conversation about Kamala) playing out is that whatever the hang up is here has never seemed to be an issue before.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The problem I keep running into with any way I see this (the Emma/Scott conversation about Kamala) playing out is that whatever the hang up is here has never seemed to be an issue before.
    I feel like its the opposite. There used to be an issue, but Kamala's death has changed that fact (at least for Scott).
    Do we know what conversation they're referring to? Did I forget or just miss it?
    I'm wondering now if one of the telepaths (possibly Emma since she's the one having the conversation) picked up Kamala on Cerebro and the conversation was about letting her know she's a mutant. Now that she's dead and subject to the resurrection protocols it will be harder to explain why she was resurrected if she isn't a mutant. It could also explain Scott's last words, since people will learn of her identity once she's dead Emma will have to make everyone forget but find a way to explain things to her family.

I thought that was the implication in him saying please let that be Mystique.

I also feel Duggan is safely in the no Emma and Scott relationship camp which is cool with me as I don't think Emma would share. Now if things with Jean don't work out.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like its the opposite. There used to be an issue, but Kamala's death has changed that fact (at least for Scott).
    Do we know what conversation they're referring to? Did I forget or just miss it?
    I'm wondering now if one of the telepaths (possibly Emma since she's the one having the conversation) picked up Kamala on Cerebro and the conversation was about letting her know she's a mutant. Now that she's dead and subject to the resurrection protocols it will be harder to explain why she was resurrected if she isn't a mutant. It could also explain Scott's last words, since people will learn of her identity once she's dead Emma will have to make everyone forget but find a way to explain things to her family.
    This is what I mean, why do they care about her identity? Either everyone knows now or they don't, and how is this different than every other mutant they have resurrected who might have been secret about it. Whatever other possibility I think of, I can think of examples where they did not care or enough reason to think that some events must have happened that would be inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is what I mean, why do they care about her identity? Either everyone knows now or they don't, and how is this different than every other mutant they have resurrected who might have been secret about it. Whatever other possibility I think of, I can think of examples where they did not care or enough reason to think that some events must have happened that would be inconsistent.
    The difference I think is that the mutants are on Krakoa so family and friends would be safer. Kamala's family is still in America and could be more easily targeted. Plus it could be her choice to keep it a secret.